2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Singleton is decent. He's very good defensively, but his offensive game is still a bit suspect. He's kinda like a Devin Ebanks when Ebanks was at WV. Should the Raptors have a lotto pick, it shouldn't be spend on Singleton. Maybe if he's still there at the time the Miami selection rolls around, I'd take him.
    We don't disagree one this either. My thoughts exactly.

Comment

And for the record, Jones wouldn't even necessarily be my first choice, I've just sort of been stuck being the default defender on him. hahah He's going to be a star. I think. But Harrison Barnes, in my opinion, is the most complete player in the draft. PJones is a freak, but Barnes is ready.
      I'd take him at this point, but I'd like to see how the second half of the season goes. Still lots of College ball to watch.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        I could see Colangelo pissing everyone off by drafting Brandon Knight or someone like that. You know, one of those dynamic offensive players who doesn't fit our cookie cutter brains but does fit Colangelo's failing system.

I've seen Kyle Irving as high as #1 and not even on the board in some cases. He may not come out this year. If he does I'm not holding my breath on the Raptors being in position to draft him.

Alec Burks sounds interesting but it would have to mean a switch from the 2 to the 3 by DeRozan.
        Why would that pick piss anyone off? Knight has a great jumpshot, very high basketball IQ (and book smarts too he's an honer student), he's a "very creative passer" -NBAdraft.net and has a great work ethic.

He's is easily the 2nd best PG in this draft and arguably the #1 PG.

Edit: NBAdraft.net consensus 2011 mock has Knight going over Irving. They have Irving going to the Raptors at 8 and Knight going to the Clippers at 6.

http://www.nbadraft.net/nba_mock_drafts/consensus

Full Size
        Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Wed Jan 5, 2011, 01:41 AM.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
          Why would that pick piss anyone off? Knight has a great jumpshot, very high basketball IQ (and book smarts too he's an honer student), he's a "very creative passer" -NBAdraft.net and has a great work ethic.

He's is easily the 2nd best PG in this draft.

Edit: NBAdraft.net consensus 2011 mock has Knight going over Irving. They have Irving going to the Raptors at 8 and Knight going to the Clippers at 5.

Full Size
          Hmm... well you got me. haha
          Though perhaps with Bayless/Barbosa/Calderon, all capable shooting 3s from the 1 and 2 position, he might be a bit redundant in the system. Granted none should be Locks, but I think with this team as is, we need a slashing, head up SF.

But I absolutely stand corrected on Knight.. dude seems legit.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            Hmm... well you got me. haha
            Though perhaps with Bayless/Barbosa/Calderon, all capable shooting 3s from the 1 and 2 position, he might be a bit redundant in the system. Granted none should be Locks, but I think with this team as is, we need a slashing, head up SF.

But I absolutely stand corrected on Knight.. dude seems legit.
            He can play PG [far] better then Bayless and Barbosa and he plays better D then Jose. If Irving is taken and knight drops to us I don't see how we could not take him. He has everything to become a great PG.
            Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Wed Jan 5, 2011, 12:11 AM.

Comment

He can play PG [far] better then Bayless and Barbosa and he plays better D then Jose. If Irving is taken and knight drops to us I don't see how we could not take him. He has everything to become a great PG.
              So you disagree with my Thread line that we need a SF in the draft then? hahah
              I dig it man. I'm sold on the kid. I hadn't seen much, but I'm watching. You turned me.
              But still, I think an athletic tall, swing man would be a saviour for the team.

Comment

Knight can slash to the rim. He has great size, speed and strength.

Strengths: Big point guard with excellent size and speed and scoring ability … Extremely fast player who excels pushing the ball up the court …. Has a tremendous first step to get by opponents off the dribble … Strong one on one player … Excellent at driving to the basket, good body control, and a quality finisher on the move … Very creative passer … Quick decision maker … A fierce competitor, really steps his level of play up in big situations … High motor guy. Plays with a high level of intensity and passion … Strong work ethic, constantly looking to improve both his body and game … His body has seen an impressive transformation from his sophomore to senior year of high school … Has an excellent jumpshot with range out to 3 point … Good shooter off the dribble … An excellent defender who uses his length and quickness to stay in front of his man … Drew 2 changes per game as a senior in high school … Very smart, engaging young man with a bright future …

Weaknesses: A solid athlete but not a huge leaper … At times tries to force the issue offensively instead of taking what the defense gives him … Will need to improve on his floater in the lane. Many of his scoring opportunities in high school came from getting by his man and all the way to the rim where he rarely got challenged. He’ll have more to deal with on the college and NBA levels … A little streaky. When he’s going well he’s deadly. But can go through slumps as he showed during the high school showcase all star games …
                http://www.nbadraft.net/players/brandon-knight

BTW Don't we already have a athletic SF? Demar?
                Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Wed Jan 5, 2011, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Edit: NBAdraft.net consensus 2011 mock has Knight going over Irving. They have Irving going to the Raptors at 8 and Knight going to the Clippers at 6.

Full Size
                  Because he doesn't fit a team need. They have Barbosa and Bayless already on roster and both do a lot of similar things on the basketball court. Then there's the fact that he's a tweeter and probably will never be a prototypical PG. Let me ask you something, how often do these mock drafts get it right outside the top 3?

Comment

Full Size
                    Consensus is basically all the fans that come on the site and vote, it has nothing to do with basketball experts coming to some sort of conclusion. Believe me, if Irving enters the draft, there's no way he's going to fall that far.

Would I be mad at the Knight selection? If he's the best player available where we're selecting, then no. But if Colangelo reaches, I would be a bit perturbed.

Comment

• The only thing keeping Irving out of the top three would be the injury. He could be the most talented player who may come out.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Because he doesn't fit a team need. They have Barbosa and Bayless already on roster and both do a lot of similar things on the basketball court. Then there's the fact that he's a tweeter and probably will never be a prototypical PG. Let me ask you something, how often do these mock drafts get it right outside the top 3?
                        Barbosa most likely wont be back next season and Knight easily is better then Bayless. He's bigger, strong, smarter (arguably), has a [far] better jumpshot and he has potential to become a good passer. If he's on the board with we draft we have to get him. We don't really need a SF or a PF and the best C in this draft is injury prone (and most likely will be taken in the top 5).

Edit: WTF? on the "Expert" mock draft the PGs placements are so odd.

Pistons #7 Alec Burks 6-6 191 Freshman (18 will be 19 next season) PG/SG
                        76ers #10 Cory Joseph 6-3 180 PG
                        Pacers #16 Brandon Knight 6-3 185 PG/SG
                        Knicks #18 Josh Selby 6-2 183 PG/SG
                        Hornets #19 Kemba Walker 6-0 179 PG

IMO Knight will be #1 taken (if Irving doesn't come out) and Walkers will be #2 and Joseph will be #3.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2011mock_draft
                        Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Wed Jan 5, 2011, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                          Barbosa most likely wont be back next season and Knight easily is better then Bayless. He's bigger, strong, smarter (arguably), has a [far] better jumpshot and he has potential to become a good passer. If he's on the board with we draft we have to get him. We don't really need a SF or a PF and the best C in this draft is injury prone (and most likely will be taken in the top 5).

Edit: WTF? on the "Expert" mock draft the PGs placements are so odd.

Pistons #7 Alec Burks 6-6 191 Freshman (18 will be 19 next season) PG/SG
                          76ers #10 Cory Joseph 6-3 180 PG
                          Pacers #16 Brandon Knight 6-3 185 PG/SG
                          Knicks #18 Josh Selby 6-2 183 PG/SG
                          Hornets #19 Kemba Walker 6-0 179 PG

IMO Knight will be #1 taken (if Irving doesn't come out) and Walkers will be #2 and Joseph will be #3.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2011mock_draft
                          I can't see Barbosa opting out. With a new CBA looming, he'd be lucky to get 7 mil on the open market. However, with that being said, the only way I see Barbosa opting out is if he opts out to sign a long term deal with the Raps (much like what Jefferson did with San Antonio).

To say that Knight is bigger and stronger than Bayless is foolish. Knight is 6'3" and 185 lbs. Bayless is 6'3" and 200. They're essentially the same type of player. They're fast combo guards.

Comment

• Based on what other guys have been getting I think Barbosa's skills and age place him closer to the MLE. I agree, there is absdolutely no way he opts out, especially with a new CBA looming. These last couple seasons might be it for his great pay days.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              Thanks for the input. I appreciate what you bring to the discussion.
                              hahaha

Comment

• The latest Mock Draft from DraftExpress.com is very interesting.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2011/

There are SF's all over the place.

I still very much like Terrence Jones but he will most likely be gone very early. Chris Singleton has been putting up great numbers as well - over 2 blks and 2 stls a game.

His game log from ESPN.com:
                                http://espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=40974

His last game was good with 20/10/3stls/2blks. Unfortunatey his team lost by 5 and he went 4/12 from the FT line.

I would be all over him in the 10-14 range.

Comment

Working...
                                X