Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2640

Thread: 2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RAPT0RS wrote: View Post
    Or maybe we go for Brandon Knight?
    hell no
    Quote RAPT0RS wrote: View Post
    Do we trade the pick away? What do you guys think?
    I hope so
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw ESPN analyst Dough Gottlieb top 5 picks:

1) Kyrie Irving- CLE
    2) Enes Kanter- MIN
    3) Derrick Williams-UTA
    4) Jan Vesely- CLE
    5) Tristian Thompson- TOR

He's playing the "he's from the Toronto area" card with Thompson, and called him a "better pro prospect" than Ed Davis. Thompson will be a solid player, but personally I don't see him deserving of being picked that high, and definitely do not see him as having better potential than Ed Davis.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tank wrote: View Post
    I see Knight being compared to Chauncey Billups actually... Maybe this isn't the best year to take a guard, next draft has names like Rivers and Kabongo at the PG spot. Bayless is still just 22, maybe he breaks through, who knows, but generally when you draft a PG this high, it is usually a committal and a long-term solution.
    Knight doesn't have Billups' personality. He's quiet and reserved. And remember that Billups took 5 years and 4 teams to become a decent PG. That's why I hate people bringing up Billups. He was drafted 3rd, so he had loads of talent, and he had a very high IQ and leadership abilities. And it still took him 5 years and 3 teams gave up on him. I have no problem with drafting a project, but the chance of success are low. If the Raptors are going to draft a project, I'd rather they go with a guy like Valanciunas, who at least has a better chance of becoming a good player.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlz wrote: View Post
    hell no

I hope so
    However much I don't like the Raptor's options at 5, what exactly do you think they're going to get for the pick? This is a weak draft and they've got a far better chance of getting value by choosing a project and hoping he turns out than of getting something decent in return for the pick. The problem is that the pick will most likely end up being just a good rotation player, but at the salary of the 5th pick. No team is going to want to trade for that.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    However much I don't like the Raptor's options at 5, what exactly do you think they're going to get for the pick? This is a weak draft and they've got a far better chance of getting value by choosing a project and hoping he turns out than of getting something decent in return for the pick. The problem is that the pick will most likely end up being just a good rotation player, but at the salary of the 5th pick. No team is going to want to trade for that.
    Exactly. I keep hearing "let's trade our pick for an established player." I'd really like to see what "established players" people think we can get for the pick, and how that "established player" will help the Raptors 3-5 years down the road.

Post Thanks / Like

why do outlets keep thinking we need ANOTHER big man in the game? the roster may not be comparable by any means but drafting yet another forward/center will get the raptors no where.

BRING ON KEMBA and make some trades!

Raptors Republic Rookie HuskyRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

BPA at #5 will be Kemba after kanter,williams,Irving and Knight are off the board

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Man...I still can't believe Cleveland won the fucking draft with the Clippers' pick. That's some serious bullshit.

Of all the teams that don't deserve such a gift, it's Cleveland. You might say they got screwed because of Lebron. And they did, to a degree, I suppose. But...I mean seriously...look who they expected him to win a championship with: Joey Graham, Anthony Parker, Jamario Flipping Moon? Castoffs from the Raptors!

Raptors Republic Starter MyMomLovesMe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Next year we will have the coolest cripple there. Our cripple will be able to break dance and dunk.

Maybe even a little blind homless asian girl with a speech impediment.
    Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Wed May 18th, 2011 at 04:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote HuskyRaptor wrote: View Post
    BPA at #5 will be Kemba after kanter,williams,Irving and Knight are off the board
    really? knight over the national champion.

i'm thinking kemba is going third after williams and irving and then kanter which leaves us with knight and the rest.

in that specific order.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    really? knight over the national champion.

i'm thinking kemba is going third after williams and irving and then kanter which leaves us with knight and the rest.

in that specific order.
    FYI, the current consensus has it as Irving, Williams, Kanter, Walker, & THEN us with Knight. I'm torn between settling for him, or trading down to get another rotation player in addition to drafting Fredette at 14, for his shot & his scoring. Jimmer may be a little more ready to play on the NBA court than Brandon. And for BC, time IS of the essence ...

Post Thanks / Like

but, is it your consensus is what I would like to know?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Starter MyMomLovesMe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Draftexpress has him at 8th, these guys are used to seeing hype and lovefests, and they are not biting (yet)... Chad Ford loved Gerrald Green if I recall, he seems to buy into the hype as much as us fans.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    but, is it your consensus is what I would like to know?
    http://www.nba.com/bobcats/11_mock_drafts.html reviews 11 different sites & is compiled & updated by the Bobcats ...

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I just don't see Knight having much upside at all. Kanter (if available), Valanciunas, Vesely, Biyombo and Leonard all have much more upside, in my opinion. Knight has the physical tools, but for the PG position, I think that's not nearly as important. I think Bayless is probably a better prospect. He's got just as many physical tools as Knight, but as a better personality for a PG.
    I could see that argument being made for A. Bradley and thus far you have been right on with that one. but B. Knight has plenty of upside and is more 1 than combo guard.

He was a highly touted recruit coming out of H.S. and the one year at Kentucky didn't diminish his stock other than the fact that he needs to make much better decisions as most young pg's have to. He does have upside though. Not sure how Bayless is a better prospect when Bayless is not a pg. He's a 2 guard in a pg's body. Knight is a pg.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Boko wrote: View Post
    http://www.nba.com/bobcats/11_mock_drafts.html reviews 11 different sites & is compiled & updated by the Bobcats ...
    That was b4 the draft lottery a lot has changed.
    @Chr1st1anL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote sleepz wrote: View Post
    I could see that argument being made for A. Bradley and thus far you have been right on with that one. but B. Knight has plenty of upside and is more 1 than combo guard.

He was a highly touted recruit coming out of H.S. and the one year at Kentucky didn't diminish his stock other than the fact that he needs to make much better decisions as most young pg's have to. He does have upside though. Not sure how Bayless is a better prospect when Bayless is not a pg. He's a 2 guard in a pg's body. Knight is a pg.
    Knight is more of a PG than Bradley, for sure. And I don't think he's got the bust potential that Avery did, but there are certain red flags that scare me off of PGs, and Knight has too many of them for me to be comfortable picking him. The one thing I disagree with is that Knight is a PG, currently. He hasn't shown the ability to run an offense, and in fact struggled when asked to do that at the beginning of the year. He makes poor decisions, which is probably not something you want from your PG, and he turns the ball over a lot without getting a lot of assists.

And by the way, Bradley was the highest ranked player coming out of college.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    That was b4 the draft lottery a lot has changed.
    Right. It hasn't even been 24 hours since the lottery took place. The Bobcats care most about getting the update out there for us schmucks ... sheesh ...

Post Thanks / Like

What are Knights "red flags" exactly?
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Do we draft Knight or Fredette or offer RFAs Felton or Sessions a contract this summer?

Page 102 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 ... LastLast

Thread Information