Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
    How so?
    We went from most likely getting Barnes (provided we stay at 3, I figure Williams has higher stock with teams like Cleveland and Minnesota) to having to pick from unknowns like Kanter and Jonas or trading the pick (god knows it'd be for some old dude on his last legs) or down (probably the best option) thanks to all these players declaring. Whoever wins the draft really wins, and I don't see us getting a top 2 pick.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Ping pong day cant come fast enough I'm having some major anxiety here.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• id be happy with kanter or Val at the 3 spot. both may never be alstars but we knew there is a large chance no one in this draft is allstar material. both look to be good prospects and they fill a team need. im 49-51 in favor of val still. he seems to have the more polished skills but lacks strength. he has been playing in a mens league so he shouldnt have a problem adjusting to nba. kanter is more physically suited for the NBA right now but it worries me about his knees, he hasnt played competetive ball in a year and he looks alot sloppier then val at this point. Jonas Val looks like he has added mass this year to so i see no problem with him being able to get even bigger over the next 3 years and he will be a solidcontributor.

Comment

• maybe we can get biyombo with our second rounder. you'd have to be a fool to think that this guy is a lottery pick even if he's 18 years old. the more i read about him, the more he reminds me of malick badiane and how scouts went nuts of him just before the draft.

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
            if we get the third pic and dwill and kirving are taken i want to take valanciunas over kanter. I think val will take longer to develope but he will be the much better player. Ive been trying to find more recent videos and he looks to have put on a little weight this year and seems to have a more poilished game then kanter. Check out this "superman" impersonation.
            as if no one commented on this video.... Lol did anyone see the pass??? No look, back turned, over the head

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
              We went from most likely getting Barnes (provided we stay at 3, I figure Williams has higher stock with teams like Cleveland and Minnesota) to having to pick from unknowns like Kanter and Jonas or trading the pick (god knows it'd be for some old dude on his last legs) or down (probably the best option) thanks to all these players declaring. Whoever wins the draft really wins, and I don't see us getting a top 2 pick.
              How is either Kanter or Valancuinas unknown? They're unknown to us, but to scouts, they're not. Kanter has been on the radar for a bit now (at least 3 years) - he was looked and touted at as being a top-5 pick for this year ever since the conclusion of last season's draft. Valancuinas, on the other hand, while he's been on the scene overseas for a year or two, he's only really started coming into his own this season in the Euroleague. But he's been dominating U-18 and U-19 competitions. Personally, I'd be happy to have either if they're the BPA.

Comment

as if no one commented on this video.... Lol did anyone see the pass??? No look, back turned, over the head
                It's a nice pass, but it's been done. There's no "OMG" factor.

Comment

• Just in response to that ESPN article bit on,

Valanciunas [having] serious talent, but also...serious contract issues that could prohibit him from coming to the NBA soon.
                  I remember reading somewhere that those issues aren't that big a deal, and that Valanciunas has already got a buy out ready for when he comes to the NBA - but if there's a lockout still being able to play and develop overseas. Also, if that's the only issue to counter the statement that "Valanciunas has serious talent," then it seems to be you could drop the qualifier, say that he's got serious talent, and leave it at that.

He's also a much better defender than is Kanter, and given how the Raps are despereately in the need for a defensive C and that BC basically said acquiring one will be the biggest offseason priority, it seems to me that Valanciunas would be higher on the Raps' big board than would Kanter.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                    It's a nice pass, but it's been done. There's no "OMG" factor.
                    i never saw it before lol. who else did it ?

Comment

• ive been high on d.williams and Val for awhile. i ithnk one of these 2 will be our draft pick this year. Valanciunas also has a relationship with his national teamate linas klieza. would be a good way to help the rookie adapt to the leage and culture change.,

Comment

• I like listen to the podcast such as the one espn has especially the interviews with the scouts. One of the standout things that I took was that gm's initially saw the success of dirk and went out and try to draft the young guys they seen coming off the bench in the euroleague with potential so they could develop their own dirk's but soon came to realize that most of those guys are serious projects. Bargnani is probaly a good example of that with his defense sorely lacking. I don't see BC drafting one of these kids I think he is going to go for as much of a sure thing as possible.

so if you look at it from that standpoint who are the players that have proved they have ability at the next level? and if you add in that BC spent alot of time talking defense and bigs yesterday I think that really narrows the options. irving of coarse is on everyones list as a pick that is for sure. kanter? I can't see him being drafted cause of knee questions and he didn't play all season, faried wether you guys want to talk about him or not has a proven career, biyombo has had one game where everyone including myself has seen potential but its one game and he and faried are the same height but faried has proven what he can do so its a for sure thing vs is one game enough? derrick willams is probably going to have a good career but does he fit, do we want to just collect a asset. terrence jones and kawhi leoard are sure fire assets as well. other than that you are looking at kemba or jimmer.

these are all my opinions and I have no idea what they will do but they can't mess this draft up, we need to pull a bonifed impact/rotation player out of this draft
                        Last edited by grindhouse; Tue Apr 19, 2011, 03:09 PM. Reason: iphone lol

Comment

i never saw it before lol. who else did it ?
                          Really? You've never seen passes like that? You should check out guys like Pistol Pete Maravich, Magic Johnson, Jason Kidd, even Larry Bird has made passes like that one - and even better ones than the one in the video.

Comment

• In the end, Colangelo is not only going to pick the BPA, but the BPA that has the heighest ceiling/most potential. That's always a typical Colangelo selection.

Comment

• Valanciunas, is incredibly skinny and is a foul machine. Sorry, I'm going with the centre who can step in immediately, and that's Kanter.

Actually, Kanter might be the safest pick. Since, if we draft either Irving or Williams we'll have some roster issues.
                              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• funkie wrote: View Post
                                maybe we can get biyombo with our second rounder. you'd have to be a fool to think that this guy is a lottery pick even if he's 18 years old. the more i read about him, the more he reminds me of malick badiane and how scouts went nuts of him just before the draft.
                                We don't have a 2nd rounder.

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                                id be happy with kanter or Val at the 3 spot. both may never be alstars but we knew there is a large chance no one in this draft is allstar material. both look to be good prospects and they fill a team need. im 49-51 in favor of val still. he seems to have the more polished skills but lacks strength. he has been playing in a mens league so he shouldnt have a problem adjusting to nba. kanter is more physically suited for the NBA right now but it worries me about his knees, he hasnt played competetive ball in a year and he looks alot sloppier then val at this point. Jonas Val looks like he has added mass this year to so i see no problem with him being able to get even bigger over the next 3 years and he will be a solidcontributor.
                                And I think he is only 18yrs old.

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                                Just in response to that ESPN article bit on,

I remember reading somewhere that those issues aren't that big a deal, and that Valanciunas has already got a buy out ready for when he comes to the NBA - but if there's a lockout still being able to play and develop overseas. Also, if that's the only issue to counter the statement that "Valanciunas has serious talent," then it seems to be you could drop the qualifier, say that he's got serious talent, and leave it at that.

He's also a much better defender than is Kanter, and given how the Raps are despereately in the need for a defensive C and that BC basically said acquiring one will be the biggest offseason priority, it seems to me that Valanciunas would be higher on the Raps' big board than would Kanter.
                                I thought I read somewhere it is only for one more year, but perhaps am wrong.

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                                Really? You've never seen passes like that? You should check out guys like Pistol Pete Maravich, Magic Johnson, Jason Kidd, even Larry Bird has made passes like that one - and even better ones than the one in the video.
                                Magic Johnson all over the place. I have a video of him and a couple of the passes I STILL think are going the other direction.

Comment

Working...
                                X