Knight
    Jimmer

Comment

• None, get Bismack Biyombo.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Burks is intriguing.

Assuming two things:

1) Barbosa opted out or Bargnani was traded or Jose was traded (basically assuming we can lose $9M in total salary)
        2) Charlotte was REALLY desperate to shed $9M (which might not be a stretch after losing millions again this year)

would you take on Diaw with the TPE to get CHA's 1st round pick to select Burks?
        How long does Diaw have on his contract? If a year, in a heartbeat. If more than 1 and we couldn't flip him for anything (id take a second rounder. in this draft.) then i'd hesitate.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I'm warming up to Kemba. Ive always kind of questioned how well he'd do in the pros but when you look at how efficient he was in college, he could definitely do some nice things. He's no shorter than Darren Collison, either, and we all wanted him at one point.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            I'm warming up to Kemba. Ive always kind of questioned how well he'd do in the pros but when you look at how efficient he was in college, he could definitely do some nice things. He's no shorter than Darren Collison, either, and we all wanted him at one point.
            Guilty on Collison.

Comment

How long does Diaw have on his contract? If a year, in a heartbeat. If more than 1 and we couldn't flip him for anything (id take a second rounder. in this draft.) then i'd hesitate.
              One year.

Comment

I'm warming up to Kemba. Ive always kind of questioned how well he'd do in the pros but when you look at how efficient he was in college, he could definitely do some nice things. He's no shorter than Darren Collison, either, and we all wanted him at one point.
                Ya at this point if we stay at the 3rd pick i would either take Biyombo or Walker.

Comment

• Looking very much like Tristan Thompson declares

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1995399/

Freshman sensation Tristan Thompson had the best first-year season in history by a Canadian playing NCAA Division I basketball, but he’s going to leave it all behind.

Multiple sources have confirmed reports out of Austin, Tex., that the University of Texas star from Brampton, Ont., is going to hire an agent and declare himself eligible for the NBA draft, to be held on June 23.

MORE RELATED TO THIS STORY
                  Toronto's Tristan Thompson leads Longhorns to second round
                  Canadians dreaming big at NCAA March Madness
                  Thompson turns NCAA hoops dream into reality
                  The 6-foot-8, 225-pound power forward is projected to be selected anywhere from 10th to 20th overall. If that comes to pass, Thompson will become the first Canadian to be taken in the first round after the minimum of one year of college basketball.

No Canadian has ever been taken higher than Steve Nash, who was drafted 15th overall in 1996. Thompson would be the first Canadian taken in the first round since Toronto big man Jamaal Magloire (now with the Miami Heat) was chosen 19th in 2000.

“This has been a goal of his since he was in 10th grade,” said one source, who didn’t want to be quoted on the record until Thompson made the announcement himself.

The goal became a reality after Thompson exploded on the scene as a freshman at Texas.

Thompson was named a first-team freshman All-American by the U.S. Basketball Writers Association after averaging 13.1 points and 7.8 rebounds a game, with a Big 12-best 2.4 blocked shots a game. He was also freshman of the year in the Big 12 conference and had some of his best games against some of the top big men in college basketball, as Texas rose briefly to No. 3 overall before losing in the third round of the National Collegiate Athletic Association tournament.

Helping the decision process, a number of other top draft candidates, including big men Jared Sullinger of Ohio State University and Perry Jones of Baylor, have elected to stay in school. The 2012 draft is expected to be strong, with a good class of sophomores and a strong crop of incoming freshman at Thompson’s position. In a weak draft, Thompson’s stature has risen.

It’s believed Thompson was under considerable pressure to stay at Texas and team with fellow Toronto freshman star Cory Joseph and incoming guard Myck Kabongo, also of Toronto, on a team that would be expected to contend for an NCAA title.

But with a guaranteed contract awaiting incoming first-round picks, declaring for the draft has long been considered the wise route for those with the assurance they’ll be taken in the top half of the first round.

“There are risks to staying in school,” Canadian men’s national team coach Leo Rautins said. “There is another year of scrutiny, people can start picking apart your game. The NBA drafts on potential. With his body and his game he should be a very good NBA player for 10 or 12 years. Better he gets in the draft and can start working on his craft for the league he’s going to be playing in.”

Multiple sources said that Thompson will be signing with Leon Rose, a powerful agent whose roster of clients does or has included Allen Iverson, Carmelo Anthony, LeBron James and Andrea Bargnani of the Toronto Raptors.

Players who declare for the draft can return to college if they withdraw from the draft. Those who sign with an agent are deemed ineligible by the NCAA.

Comment

• tristen thompsons from brampton!? thats where i'm from, damn!

Comment

• lets get another bargnani!

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/donatas-motiejunas

Comment

• Kanter could destroy the raptors?

http://www.raptorsdigest.com/could-e...y-the-raptors/

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                          2 Bargnani's in the paint = true C.

Comment

• me 2, go B-Town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• More Canadian declarations: Joseph and Ashaolu

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/04/22...-for-nba-draft

Joseph and Ashaolu join Thompson. However they will not hire an agent like Thompson meaning they can opt back to Texas before May 8th.

Comment

• HoopsWorld: Top 5 SG's

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=19526

1. Burks
                                2. K. Thompson
                                3. Honeycutt (arguably a 3 with height but build puts him as a 2 says HW)
                                4. Leslie
                                5. Selby

Needless to say this is a weak year for SG. I am a fan of Burks and Honeycutt though.

Comment

Working...
                                X