2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    kanters looking solid. someone said it already but i could see kanter going up in the draft and bringing one or both irving and Dwill down.
    Either way we land any of those three. It's a good graft for the raptors.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Kanter will never come close to bargs. How do we even know he's good if he didn't play last year.
      http://websitedweeb.userboard.net-Introduce your website. No signup required!

Comment

• Mr.Grinch wrote: View Post
        Kanter will never come close to bargs. How do we even know he's good if he didn't play last year.
        I find it confusing that in the first statement you state he will not come close to Barg's. Then in the very next you says its impossible to know how good he is because he didn't play last year. If we don't know how good he is, how can we know he will not be as good as barg's?
        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• Mr.Grinch wrote: View Post
          Kanter will never come close to bargs. How do we even know he's good if he didn't play last year.
          We don't need him score like bargs. We need defense and rebounding. Kanter brings that scoring punch. His not going to be a great help side shot blocker but, he can't be any worse than Bargney
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
            I don't know. A 6'10, 255 lb center with a 7'1 wingspan who has above average defensive and rebounding skills and can score in the post with his strength, has very good foot work and can hit all the way to the three point line? I think if he played a season at Kentucky he might very well be being talked about for the #1 slot. Did Andrew Bogut really have more skills when he was drafted?
            As a matter of fact he did.

No disrespect to Kanter but Bogut was a beast his sophmore year at Utah in pts, rebounding blocking shots and had a nasty streak to him. Kanter might indeed to turn out to be solid but he has a way to go before those type of comparisons can be made.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
              Saying and doing are two different things. What team is going to want to trade their pick from what is considered a very strong draft for a pick in a weak draft? And how do you know what pick you'll get if you trade? What if you end up getting a 15th pick? Is that better than the 3rd pick this year?
              Well, a guy like Sullinger isn't even considered a top 7 pick in next years draft, so potentially, yeah.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• why do people think knight is a 2 guard? this guy has a lot of pg skills he was just used differently in Kentucky this kid is a great passser

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                  Well, a guy like Sullinger isn't even considered a top 7 pick in next years draft, so potentially, yeah.
                  Where?

On nbadraft.net, he's ranked as going #6 in next year's draft
                  On draftexpress, he ranked as going #3 in next year's draft

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                    Where?

On nbadraft.net, he's ranked as going #6 in next year's draft
                    On draftexpress, he ranked as going #3 in next year's draft
                    at this point those rankings mean nothing . this year barnes was predicted to go 1st overall and look how that turned out.

Comment

• sleepz wrote: View Post
                      As a matter of fact he did.

No disrespect to Kanter but Bogut was a beast his sophmore year at Utah in pts, rebounding blocking shots and had a nasty streak to him. Kanter might indeed to turn out to be solid but he has a way to go before those type of comparisons can be made.
                      My point is that Kanter exhibits a lot of the skills that Bogut had coming in, and if his Hoop Summit game was any indication, I can see having a similar impact. Neither guy is exceptionally athletic, but are athletic enough. I think Bogut is probably a better shotblocker than Kanter ever will be, but I think Kanter's got more range.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                        As MangoKid said, he seems to be projected as a top 7 pick, so I'd rather stick with the third pick this year than risk drafting a lot lower next year. And there doesn't appear to be a whole lot of centers on the horizon, so getting one this year might be a very good idea.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                          at this point those rankings mean nothing . this year barnes was predicted to go 1st overall and look how that turned out.
                          If he stayed in this year's draft, there's a chance he still could have gone #1- at worst number 2, but he wants to return to school. So how do those rankings mean nothing?

Comment

• We have to remember too that Enes Kanter has just turned 19 and, unlike are bigs he comes in with weight on him. Not just weight it's all muscle so we don't have to worry about conditioning. We would finally not have a problem with guarding bigger player that over power us in the paint. That's why i prefer Kanter over Valanciunas i don't want another player where we have to say wait till he gains 20-25 pounds.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              We have to remember too that Enes Kanter has just turned 19 and, unlike are bigs he comes in with weight on him. Not just weight it's all muscle so we don't have to worry about conditioning. We would finally not have a problem with guarding bigger player that over power us in the paint. That's why i prefer Kanter over Valanciunas i don't want another player where we have to say wait till he gains 20-25 pounds.
                              Kanter might be the best option if the health is not of a concern. That has been said so many times but it is very important. Hopefully, for Enes' sake, there was never anything to the claims.

Given the Raptors are all about acquirng assets, I think the best possibility for them would be to get the player who is most NBA ready. The trade forum, in particular the Dwight Howard thread, explains why.

Comment

• In terms of NBA comparisons Kanter has been compared to Bogut (which I find a little silly).

Think of it this way his game is similar to Marc Gasol, which would be awesome. Considering that Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol were the most productive front court in the league this year.

Just think of a Davis-Kanter front court (Drools).

Also, the best comparison for DWill, that I heard, is Thadeus Young. Which, means I think we should be cautious. TYoung is an amazing player, but hasn't adapted to NBA as much as was hoped.

He was cast as an NBA 3 while his skill is better suited as an undersized back-up four. I think DWill will be the same player. An extremely productive talented (back-up undersized 4).

Also, Knight or Burks at the 3 spot. Puke... Both Bayless and Derozan were better college players than Knight and Burk, and I don't want a project 2 or 1 on this team.
                                -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                                -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Working...
                                X