he's got the basketball IQ and body to play great D. i have no doubt in my mind he'll be more than adequate.
Source: "Colangelo On Tim & Sid"
- One of Irving, Walker and Knight will certainly be there at #5. Irving might be the 1st overall selection.
- In terms of bigs, Kanter, Val and Biyombo all look like options.
- At the forward spots Vesely and Derrick Williams are options.
- Leonard and Bioyombo are their sleepers.
- Leonard is a Ron Artest intensity type player. He addresses a lot of what they need.
- He's really impressed with Tristan Thompson. Great interview. Did well in workouts. Probably a little of a duplication to Ed but they will take the best guy available.
- He's impressed with Kemba Walker. It's a guard driven league right now. He's not a big strong guard who can defend with strength but he can defend with quickness; sort of like how Brooks did Houston when he was playing well. He can score at will, scores when he needs to. A little streaky but can will his team to win. Time will tell if he's a PG or a combo but he will be a good NBA player. Kemba is a winner, they've seen a lot of him and he will be a high pick.
- The guys they get the best read on are guys who they can watch at an early age on. The McDonald's game is huge for them when initially targeting guys and watching them grow. It's where he first saw Amare Stoudemire(drafted by B.C.).
I dont know if anyone has considered, but what about jeremy tyler....if not kanter we could pick knight/kemba and tyler, who was ranked over all the freshman in the draft this year, it would be a great chance for him to start if we were to trade Bargs for a couple of 2012 and 2013 picks, and i can see him as a uber athletic, tall carlos boozer with a midrange J and plays much better D
tyler is definitely boom or bust material
I wish him luck though. He has a pretty interesting story.
Last edited by RaptorDan; Thu May 26th, 2011 at 02:43 AM.
Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
Physical skills is just one part of what a player needs to be able to play in the NBA. Tyler has the physical skills, but it's doubtful he possesses more than that.
Have you guys seen the Combine Athletic test results?
Really surprised how badly Irving did. Think he's still hurt? Not trying? Will he slip because of these results?
Also, why were there so many kids who didn't get one bench press in? Seriously? The kids invited to the combine are the ones who are prepping at major facilities in Chicago, Vegas, LA, etc... you're telling me they can't learn how to do a bench press. I'm not looking for miracles in a few months but they had to now what was coming.
Last edited by Joey; Thu May 26th, 2011 at 07:15 PM.
"I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)