No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usually draftexpress and nbadraft.net are similar in mock drafts, but this year, both differ quite significantly, there's no clear cut #1, which is why I wouldn't be surprised if we won the draft this year.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
      how did u get to that site
      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• e2thed wrote: View Post
        how did u get to that site
        Need to be an ESPN Insider.

Comment

• Ouch. Starting to have second thoughts on T. Jones.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6037431

Comment

• Jones is such a fantastic talent, but news about his attitude has been out there for quite some time. That attitude could scare off some teams. I'm sure if he's around when the Raptors select, we'll select him. His talent is just too good to pass up. I'm sure the Raptors will do their due dilligence with him - will probably talk to coaches at UK and at his high school.

Comment

• We're Number 5! We're Number 5!

From the bottom. With the Washington Wizards upset of the Celtics tonight, the Raptors are now have the fifth worst record in the league, which of course means an even better chance at a top 3 pick in the draft.

Come on, you have to find your silver lining somewhere.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Unbelievable. I mean I can understand the Cavs, but how could anyone else possibly be worser than us?! I hate this league.

Comment

• matt wrote: View Post
                  Unbelievable. I mean I can understand the Cavs, but how could anyone else possibly be worser than us?! I hate this league.
                  That good start really hurt, er, helped the Raptors.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• unfortunately the mavs came back vs the Nets, i believe if Jersey had won they wouldve passed us too

Comment

Unbelievable. I mean I can understand the Cavs, but how could anyone else possibly be worser than us?! I hate this league.
                      Raptors aren't a bad team. They have been dealing with injuries and horribly tough schedule as of late. We will start winning again soon. Bunch of home games in a row coming up and Barbosa should be back. IMO we will be able to win at least 5 out of the next 8 games.

Raptors upcoming schedule: Mon 1/24 Grizzlies | Wed 1/26 76ers | Fri 1/28 Bucks | Sat 1/29 @T'Wolves | Mon 1/31 @Pacers | Wed 2/2 @Hawks | Fri 2/4 T'Wolves | Tue 2/8 @Bucks

Comment

• Madman wrote: View Post
                        unfortunately the mavs came back vs the Nets, i believe if Jersey had won they wouldve passed us too
                        I noticed that. A win by the Nets would have still put Toronto a half game ahead of them.
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Every Raptors loss is great news for this team. This best thing for this team is to land a top 3 pick in this draft. It will enable them to likely draft that young stud player that they desperately need. Along with their cap space and trade exemption, the continued development of DeRozan, Davis, etc., you're going to have a real nice young group going forward. Right now, Cleveland, New Jersey, Minnesota, and Sacramento are below the Raps in the standings. I can see Jersey and Sacramento likely pulling past them since both teams haven't played up to their potential as of now. Minnesota might as well. Cleveland will finish dead last. With a bit of luck in the lottery, I can see the Raps picking 1, 2, or 3. I'm still really hoping that Kyrie Irving comes out for the draft and we get him. He's the exact type of player we need. Wouldn't mind one of the stronger wing players either like Perry Jones, etc.

Comment

Ughh if you hate this league then why are you on this site?

Comment

• I don't follow much college ball but I don't understand why prognosticators call this one of the weakest drafts in recent memory. Is it because there's no real consensus # 1? I'm looking at the scouting reports and I have to admit that based on that, it cannot be any weaker than the 2006 draft. No, this is not a shot at Bargs but just based on comparisons of the projected top 10 and the 2006 draft year.

As for the Raps, they need to get an up-and-comer with star potential and continue the trend of losing while the kids develop on how to play as a team in this league. They don't need to draft based on need but the best player available at that position. Here's hoping for the #1 spot.
                              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• As for the Raps, they need to get an up-and-comer with star potential and continue the trend of losing while the kids develop on how to play as a team in this league. They don't need to draft based on need but the best player available at that position. Here's hoping for the #1 spot.[/QUOTE]

You must think that the draft is always fixed! Washington needs a lift, they get Wall. The Knicks need a lift, they get Ewing. The NBA brokers the move of Colangelo to Toronto with an "international plan", and Toronto gets the first pick. Cleveland sucks and has no interest in the team, they get Lebron. They lose Lebron, they suck, they get the first pick next year. If Jersey is in the lottery when they finally move to the Bronx, they will get the pick. No special concern for Toronto, so we are not getting the pick. We will not even be in the top three. We need to hope that the teams most in "corporate need" are all below the Raps so that they can at least draft at their natural spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X