Page 122 of 132 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 2640

Thread: 2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not vesley, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Post Thanks / Like

Vucevic dropped out of the draft. A few euros did, actually.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Val is probably next. His buyout is sounding messy. I don't understand why his current team is making it so difficult.

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, he's staying regardless.

Mostly because the deadline was earlier today
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

The latest nbadraft.net mock (done this morning) still has Vesely going to Toronto. The biggest shift is Kemba moving dropping to almost just outside the lotto and Jimmer moving up to #7 at Sacramento. Maurice Morris also jumps.

Post Thanks / Like

Meanwhile DraftExpress.com was updated yesterday and they have Kemba going at #5 and Jimmer at #7. They see four PG's going in the first seven picks. I'm thinking if the Jazz don't take Knight at #3 it could shake up the whole top ten a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Meanwhile DraftExpress.com was updated yesterday and they have Kemba going at #5 and Jimmer at #7. They see four PG's going in the first seven picks. I'm thinking if the Jazz don't take Knight at #3 it could shake up the whole top ten a lot.
    If the Cavs take Kanter at 1, chances are they'll take Knight at 4.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    If the Cavs take Kanter at 1, chances are they'll take Knight at 4.
    If the Cavs take Kanter first they'll be making a huge mistake. Irving is clear first, he will impact the league far more than any other player in the draft.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how you can say that. I view this draft more like the 2006 draft except the top couple picks are more certain. The draft has a lot of talent but most of the guys are young and need years to develop. Unless your psychic I'm not sure how you can know how all those young guys are going to turn out. Irving is not that athletic and he missed most of last year with a toe injury. Does that toe injury come up again in the future? Tough to say but Yao Ming suffered a devastating toe injury and he's never recovered. He may have to just call it quits even.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how you can say that. I view this draft more like the 2006 draft except the top couple picks are more certain. The draft has a lot of talent but most of the guys are young and need years to develop. Unless your psychic I'm not sure how you can know how all those young guys are going to turn out. Irving is not that athletic and he missed most of last year with a toe injury. Does that toe injury come up again in the future? Tough to say but Yao Ming suffered a devastating toe injury and he's never recovered. He may have to just call it quits even.
    I agree, but I think that the risk would be far lesser and possible outcome much higher if Cleveland draft Irving then if Kanter is available draft him. Otherwise Valanciunas is considered better than Kanter by some.

Post Thanks / Like

Valanciunas might not be able to play for years depending on the buyout.

Post Thanks / Like

Valanciunas might not be able to play for years depending on the buyout.
    With Jamison under contract for next year, JJ Hickson, Varejao, Harongody, and Erden and with little possibility of the Cavs contending for much, I could see them taking Valanciunas IF they feel long term he will be the best option. He is still only 19; if it takes him two years to get over, he is still only 21 and if it takes the Cavs 4 years to become competitive again, he is still only 23 i.e. a college senior.

With the Cavs current roster, they are one of the few teams I could see picking him without worrying about next year. I'm sure they would prefer him to play next year but if he doesn't, they are not going to worry too much.

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I really kind of question why everyone thinks Irving and Williams are head and shoulders above the rest. Williams is a tweener in the worst way possible in that it is likely he will struggle at both the three and the four while Irving had a very bad injury this season. Alternatively you could take guys like Walker, who led his team to a national title or Knight who is an excellent prospect who comes from on of the best point guard coaches ever. Irving basically had a couple good games and got hurt. He is not as athletic as either Walker of Knight and the fact he skipped out on the athletic testing raises some concerns. In this draft I see very little real seperation between the one and seneven spots.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    With Jamison under contract for next year, JJ Hickson, Varejao, Harongody, and Erden and with little possibility of the Cavs contending for much, I could see them taking Valanciunas IF they feel long term he will be the best option. He is still only 19; if it takes him two years to get over, he is still only 21 and if it takes the Cavs 4 years to become competitive again, he is still only 23 i.e. a college senior.

With the Cavs current roster, they are one of the few teams I could see picking him without worrying about next year. I'm sure they would prefer him to play next year but if he doesn't, they are not going to worry too much.
    I believe he only has three more years left on his contract (including this year). Apparently his team that he plays for is really broke too, so I can't see him staying for anymore than a year.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote hateslosing wrote: View Post
    I really kind of question why everyone thinks Irving and Williams are head and shoulders above the rest. Williams is a tweener in the worst way possible in that it is likely he will struggle at both the three and the four while Irving had a very bad injury this season. Alternatively you could take guys like Walker, who led his team to a national title or Knight who is an excellent prospect who comes from on of the best point guard coaches ever. Irving basically had a couple good games and got hurt. He is not as athletic as either Walker of Knight and the fact he skipped out on the athletic testing raises some concerns. In this draft I see very little real seperation between the one and seneven spots.
    It's not what I think, it's what's being reported. Almost everybody is saying Irving then Williams as a lock to go 1 and 2, most likely in that order. It doesn't matter what we think if Cleveland and Minnesota have these guys ranked #1 and 2.

Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

the cavs would be much better off just taking irving at the 1 . why would they take kanter ? .... if the cavs take irviing and he didint work out well no one would be mad because he was the consensus player at 1. if they skip irviing and took kanter and kanter was a bust then the cavs looks like fools. espcially if both the picksare busts lol

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they'll take Vesely and we can all exhale
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Rookie HuskyRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Toronto Raptors | Kemba Walker | G | Connecticut

Walker Lovers, rejoice: I repent my sins. Too many NBA types insist that Walker can not only play the point in the pros, but can play it well. If so, his expansive scoring ability may be too big for the Raptors to pass up, creating a potentially explosive backcourt with DeMar DeRozan. GM Bryan Colangelo also needs a sure thing after barely surviving a bid from one of Toronto's ownership groups to oust him.
    http://www.nba.com/2011/news/feature...s=iref:nbahpt1

Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

wtf kyrie just got popped by some chic for jerkin it on cam. haha http://www.twitvid.com/Y4TBO

Page 122 of 132 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 ... LastLast

Thread Information