2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    Saying we should take Jonas or Biyombo because knight isn't very polished is kind of insane
    No, we should take Biyombo because he's the answers to all our probs. He is a defensive freak, he has a great attitude AND his upside is through the roof.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
      No, we should take Biyombo because he's the answers to all our probs. He is a defensive freak, he has a great attitude AND his upside is through the roof.
      I agree Biyombo fills a bigger need but, you never draft for need.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        I agree Biyombo fills a bigger need but, you never draft for need.
        getting absolutely destroyed by kemba in the maui game to the point where they didn't let him guard him in the NCAA tournament is enough for me to pass on this kid.

Brandon knight is in almost in then nba... look where you are
        your right clown, knight is the best!!!

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
          getting absolutely destroyed by kemba in the maui game to the point where they didn't let him guard him in the NCAA tournament is enough for me to pass on this kid.

your right clown, knight is the best!!!
          I don't get it you pro Knight or what?
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
            Knight has more upside due to his size and athleticism.
            Walker is athletic. Size is overrated. How often to you hear of a guy getting drafted because he's big with the hopes of the team developing him? A lot. How often to those players disappoint? A lot. My experience has been that the guy with the most talent is the guy you should go with and FYI, Walker is anywhere from 6'0"-6'2" and blazing fast like Rondo and Paul (same height).

Comment

• My final list before knowing the lottery order and assuming we do not get another pick(s):

Kyrie Irving, Derrick Williams, Enes Kanter, Kemba Walker, in that order.

Since we could drop to 6th the only other to consider are Jonas Valenciunas, Brandon Knight and Jan Vesely.

Comment

• Switch Burks with Kemba and you got mine.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                  Switch Burks with Kemba and you got mine.
                  Would you pick Burks in top 6 though? I would say if we had Charlotte's pick sure I would take him but in top 6 I think it might be hard to justify.

Comment

• Thoughts on Burks and a good Knight player comparison

Some people have suggested Burks could go that high and has great potential. He could be a PG or a SG in the NBA depending on how his club wants to develop him. He would be a pretty big PG.

I just thought of an excellent player comparison for Brandon Knight. Antonio Daniels 2.0. Daniels actually performed better than Knight in college by the way.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Some people have suggested Burks could go that high and has great potential. He could be a PG or a SG in the NBA depending on how his club wants to develop him. He would be a pretty big PG.

I just thought of an excellent player comparison for Brandon Knight. Antonio Daniels 2.0. Daniels actually performed better than Knight in college by the way.
                      Undoubtedly I would like to have him, especially with his versatility 1-3 leaving many options with rotations. But I have yet to see a professional mock (hell even an unprofessional one) that has him in the top 6. 8-14 is all I have seen for months and now (just double checked with all the dropouts from the draft.)

I would be willing to bet the Raptors world would be all over Colangelo for taking Burks in top 6. I am all for grabbing another pick to take him though, and probably wouldn't throw my show at the TV if they do take him outside the top 3 (assuming Irving, Kanter and Williams are gone). But wow I can imagine RR the next day or even that night with the comments and debates if it happens.

Comment

• I'm really high on Burks but it's more of a personal thing. The way I see it, if we can't get a impact starter, why not a quality sixth man? It's just a preference, I guess.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Frankly I'd like to see him learn and play PG but who knows. At worst, he's the first guy off the bench at 3 positions.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

That's a terrible comparison for Brandon Knight
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
                              But I have yet to see a professional mock (hell even an unprofessional one) that has him in the top 6. 8-14 is all I have seen for months and now (just double checked with all the dropouts from the draft.)
                              Mock drafts aren't the unquestioned word of God or anything. They rarely get it all right. Let's take '09 for an example.

Wayback machine archive NBAdraft.net update June 22, 2009
                              Final draft results courtesy of NBAdraft.net

What do we see in particular? Well, we see Tyreke Evans, who Burks has a comparable game to, being mocked in at 8th by the very credible guys at NBAdraft.net. The final result had him going at 4th and if my memory is correct no one was slotting him that high. He of went on to win ROY honors. Burks is slotted in at 8th right now.

Russell Westbrook has a similar story.

Comment

man how can you even compare their college careers? knight was the highest impact player on arguably the most storied school in NCAA history, as a freshman. daniels played four years at fucking bowling green. and FWIW knights numbers at that age are far better, without even considering the context.

also, i pointed it out during the tourney but walker also totally shit the bed in his first final four appearance. 5 pts, 20% shooting, 1:2 assist to turnover ratio. if you wanna project knight as a prospect you cannot ignore his age.

Comment

Working...
                                X