Page 129 of 132 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 2640

Thread: 2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    No, I think they're going to look at what he can do and what they feel they can teach him to do. Bargnani has never been under a well established coach or in a good program. I think teams out there are going to look at the situation and decide to roll the dice on him thinking they can do what the Raptors have not been able to do.

Listen, we're trying to arrive at the same destination from different starting points. I want Bargs traded as well, and I would love another top 10 pick as well.
    Your original comment was "I'm sure there must be buyers in the top ten for Bargnani." I'm not disagreeing with that statement, but I'd love to hear you comment futher on which teams in the top ten would do that trade, why, and how they could use Bargs to get different results than the Raptors have had. Trying to get you to expand on this point is like pulling teeth. No disrespect intended.

Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani needs to be paired with a talented center. The Kings, Pistons and Bucks all have talented centers who play a more traditional game. Two out of the three have been in multiple rumors linked to potentially trading their pick. I don't care about how they use him, that's not my problem. You act as though the guy is a plague that no one would want. Fact is he's been in the line of fire from day one in Toronto and has handled himself admirably off the court. He's a talented scorer, who is still young and is very big. Teams looking for scoring punch, who have a strong big man and who think they can improve his weaknesses would probably be interested. FYI, the Bucks had the worst offense in the league last season.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

This team needs a leader more than anything and if Bry Co actually picks Vessely I think the team will be pissed.It's gotta be kemba boys it's gotta be kemba.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is there a draft tommorrow?

Is there a draft tommorrow? because it sure doesn't feel like it. I get home and turn to NBA tv and expect to see pre-draft talk of all the nba teams and needs for each team plus in-depth breakdowns of every player expecting to be drafted in the first round. I mean the NFL does it for like a month straight with each team given its own day to be broken down, so you would think the nba would do it for at least 1 day before draft day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mike Vick wrote: View Post
    This team needs a leader more than anything and if Bry Co actually picks Vessely I think the team will be pissed.It will be kemba boys. it's gonna be kemba.
    ah,thats better
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

NBATV paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaales in comparison to The NFLNetwork. It sucks because I love the two sports pretty much equally, but NFL coverage is much better. It's pretty surprising the NBA doesn't seem to want to put extra coverage on. All these replay games all year round that never get watched... ugh. I'd like to see a lot more stories on teams, players, coaches, fans etc.

*Sidenote* The SEagles are going down this season!! (Had to...)
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

i think a big reason for all the coverage for the NFL is cause teams have 7 picks to make whereas in the NBA you only have 2 rounds. Also, the american channels would just bs the Raptor segment of the show

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Toronto has narrowed its choices to four -- Knight, Jonas Valanciunas, Bismack Biyombo and Kawhi Leonard.
    - Andy Katz, Espn

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/cat.../draft-reports

Post Thanks / Like

all good options
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Where is kemba?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote zulfi wrote: View Post
    i think a big reason for all the coverage for the NFL is cause teams have 7 picks to make whereas in the NBA you only have 2 rounds. Also, the american channels would just bs the Raptor segment of the show
    I wasn't only talking about draft time, I'm talking about having shows all year round. Total Access goes everyday, rain or shine! I just think in this day and age, and given all the new social media coverage, they could give us a few more in depth shows on the NBA.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

If Kanter goes 3 to Utah and they somehow pick up the Jimmer at 12, watch out! I think Jimmer could shine out in Utah moreso than anywhere else. Those Mormans love the Jimmer and would be ecstatic!
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DraftExpress: It's not happening. He's not on the board there. RT @ryhar46: What happened to the Raptors possibly targeting Kemba? http://bit.ly/lbZ5iD

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Bargnani needs to be paired with a talented center.
    At least that's the line that everyone seems to be toeing. Really, who the hell KNOWS what he needs to be effective. Personally, I don't know whether a talented center will make a lick of difference.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

I have my PVR set up to record. I won't get home until a half hour in so I'm not taking any chances on missing #5...

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

The only positive I can think of if we end up with Leonard is that it leaves a roster spot open for Austin Rivers next year.With a couple defensive players that don't need a lot of shots that will give Docs kid and Bargs a lot of chances to get a lot of points.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Talk of Kemba sliding all the way out of the lottery. On my phone so can't link right now.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote grindhouse wrote: View Post
    Is there a draft tommorrow? because it sure doesn't feel like it. I get home and turn to NBA tv and expect to see pre-draft talk of all the nba teams and needs for each team plus in-depth breakdowns of every player expecting to be drafted in the first round. I mean the NFL does it for like a month straight with each team given its own day to be broken down, so you would think the nba would do it for at least 1 day before draft day.
    I don't watch NBA tv when the season isn't on for the most part... I can only handle the same few guys talking about the same few players time and time again.

But I find it funny listening to the Radio where the Canadian stations talk about the draft every now and again, and the American stations where it is talked about CONSTANTLY. Sure they talk some baseball, a little football (obviously that changes as we get closer to preseason, if there is one ofcourse), and literally no hockey (except after the Vacouver riots). But the NBA draft talk is obscene. Every trade scenario, every lottery player and every debate between said players has been discussed, dissected and analyzed to the degree that its sickening.

Then I watched about 20 minutes of hockey draft discussion this morning on TV (seriously following these guys at a theme park?) and realized they have yet to even mention there is the NBA draft.

I can probably break down the NHL draft aswell as I can the NBA draft and I don't follow hockey (ok well that may be a bit of a stretch). But I guess thats par for the course.... yet we think American players (or basketball players in general) will get the attention they deserve/crave up here?

Post Thanks / Like

That would be excellent if the Raptors could go fetch another pick. Sounds like Jameer Nelson all over again. None of this will matter to Kemba in five years when he's proven the critics wrong.

Thread Information