No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And then watch. He'll slip all the way to San Antonio, and ONCE AGAIN they'll have a steal on their hands and keep them dominant for years. Thats just how it works, for some reason. haha
    Sadly this will probably happen :|
    I think Williams or Jones would be a better fit though.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      And then watch. He'll slip all the way to San Antonio, and ONCE AGAIN they'll have a steal on their hands and keep them dominant for years. Thats just how it works, for some reason. haha
      Man. This is so possible it's actually scary.

Comment

• ok so the knock on kenneth faried is that he is from a small school and the sick numbers he is putting up is from the weaker teams in the conference. Morehead did face #3 ranked ohio state earlier in the season where despite the lose held them to the second lowest point total for the season thus far and faried 15 pts 12 rebounds, 5 stl, and 2 blocks in 32 mins.
        Faried also had 20 pts and 18 rebounds against #15th ranked florida.

I find it amazing that this kid has put up 20 and 20 numbers 3 times this season yet there is still little talk about him. When I watch him I keep thinking amare, I think if there is any steal in the draft its this kid. SI featured him in their jan issue and morehead already retired his jersey.

billy donovan on faried http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_8N2...eature=related
        Last edited by grindhouse; Sat Feb 19, 2011, 01:37 AM.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
          "Thats what a Next Level player looks like in my opinion."
          Wow. How is this kid not getting more air time?

But you don't need to wonder why a guy would go to a place called MoreHead .... hahah
          Last edited by Joey; Sat Feb 19, 2011, 02:06 PM.

Comment

But you don't need to wonder why a guy would go to a place called MoreHead .... hahah
            Joey, Joey, Joey..... *** - lol

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Joey, Joey, Joey..... *** - lol
              hahahah Sorry couldn't resist.

Comment

will hold my tongue...
                Last edited by grindhouse; Sun Feb 20, 2011, 03:50 AM.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  If I'm making the selection, I'm looking for more than a jump shooting SF. The games I have seen and the reviews I've read all question where is his driving and putting the ball on the floor. Terrence Jones is who I'm looking to take at SF if at all possible. Rebounding and defense are more important than anything offensive at this point of the rebuild. This is all my opinion of course - there is no right or wrong here, just opinions.
                  Then why not derrick williams, he passed terrence jones on espns board and has a very efficieny, high iq, good defense, hits the three, athletic guy , he kinda reminds me of a paul pierce

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                    Then why not derrick williams, he passed terrence jones on espns board and has a very efficieny, high iq, good defense, hits the three, athletic guy , he kinda reminds me of a paul pierce
                    Everything I've read has him at the 4 in the NBA. Honestly, I have not seen a lot of him play. I like Jones because of his explosiveness and power.

Comment

• Derrick Williams definitely could play the 3. He's athletic and is shooting 69% from the 3-point line with a make a game. He would be my first choice to draft, then Terrence Jones.

Comment

• dballa21 wrote: View Post
                        Derrick Williams definitely could play the 3. He's athletic and is shooting 69% from the 3-point line with a make a game. He would be my first choice to draft, then Terrence Jones.
                        +1, he has the highest player efficeincy rating and is ranked to go 4th in the draft right now. this guy is a very good player (still only 19 yrs old),is a solid leader, he knows how to get to the line, hit the 3 and rebounds at a high rate. I tihnk he will have no problem making the transition to the NBa. T jones looks great to but im afraid he might just be another marvin williams. This pick is very important, if we pick a dud were screwed. ESPN has him listed as a SF as well.

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                          +1, he has the highest player efficeincy rating and is ranked to go 4th in the draft right now. this guy is a very good player (still only 19 yrs old),is a solid leader, he knows how to get to the line, hit the 3 and rebounds at a high rate. I tihnk he will have no problem making the transition to the NBa. T jones looks great to but im afraid he might just be another marvin williams. This pick is very important, if we pick a dud were screwed. ESPN has him listed as a SF as well.
                          I don't know much about him to be honest. I'm going to start looking at video. Here is a good start:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA4wHQgCp6c

I'm sold! lol

I most definitely agree with:

"This pick is very important, if we pick a dud were screwed."

Comment

• Here is a good highlight package of Williams:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze3NXkUmLKA

My only concern is there is only one highlight of him taking the ball off the dribble. Can he create his own shot on the perimeter? Is this important with the team's current make up?

Comment

• Terrene Jones or Perry Jones no doubt. If none are available, Kyrie Irving. We need a Center but I'd be more inclined to sign a guy like Sammy D in the offseason and drafting a PG or preferably a SF. My pick would be Terrence Jones

Comment

• Found this in an article in the toronto sun:
                                “I will say there’s all sorts of conversation as we always do as a matter of course,’’ 'Colangelo relayed from Arizona on Sunday after leaving the league’s all-star weekend for a scouting trip."

Looks like BC is scouting D Will today, very possible pick at 3,4 or 5

Source :http://www.torontosun.com/sports/bas.../17348636.html

Comment

Working...
                                X