Page 32 of 132 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Maleko wrote: View Post
    No way should we pass on Barnes or Irving or even a few others to trade down and get Fredette. Perhaps pick up another pick if you want him that badly but your love on for him needs finger a little realistic.
    I don't really like Barnes and I highly doubt Irving will fall to 5 (if he even enters that is).

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Would you rather Barnes fall to San Antonio and average 25ppg on his career?
    Hes had a decent season and would be a great fit on our team

Post Thanks / Like

He's not going to fall to Spurs and he's not going to average 25PPG. He has potential but you never know how much he'll develop.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't heard one person talk about John Henson from UNC but that kid is a freak!
    Been putting up some nice numbers of late. Double Double guy with 3 blocks a game.
    Compared to Anthony Randolph. Very versatile. Could play the 3 for us.
    http://www.nbadraft.net/players/john-henson
    I like him. 18 boards against Duke today. 11 yesterday against Clemson.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    i haven't heard one person talk about john henson from unc but that kid is a freak!
    Been putting up some nice numbers of late. Double double guy with 3 blocks a game.
    Compared to anthony randolph. Very versatile. could play the 3 for us.
    http://www.nbadraft.net/players/john-henson
    i like him. 18 boards against duke today. 11 yesterday against clemson.
    no fucking way he plays the # in any league!

Post Thanks / Like

If you guys are insisting on potential/SF then we should get Perry Jones hands down. He has more [far] more potential then Barnes.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    If you guys are insisting on potential/SF then we should get Perry Jones hands down. He has more [far] more potential then Barnes.
    There are questions on Perry Jones, with some scouts very disappointed in his supposed athleticism. That said, I can't say as I have not seen him play at all. If he is as advertised with ball handling and skills at 6'11" then booyah.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    no fucking way he plays the # in any league!
    Easy on the language.

He has the necessary speed, mobility as well as some moves off the dribble to make plays on the perimeter
    Defensively he is a menace, because he is quick enough to stay infront of smaller players and he is also a tremendous shotblocker at this level ...
    Even though he is capable of playing both 3 and 4 positions, he is still a tweener on the offensive end because he is not a consistent threat at either spot
    All of the above makes me disagree with you.
    And if you've seen him play, you could see that he absolutely does have potential at the 3 or 4 spot.

From Bleacher Report.
    If there's a shot at getting him late, I say we do.
    The 6'10" Tar Heel sophomore is oozing NBA potential out of every pore.

In fact, no ACC player is as coveted by NBA teams as Henson is for his ridiculous wingspan, athleticism, shot blocking and rebounding.

Any time you can average 3.1 blocks, 9.7 rebounds and shoot 51percent from the field, you're going to turn heads. In just 25 minutes per game, Henson is doing just that, along with pouring in a tidy 11.3 points per game.

His ability to literally control the game from the paint is seen a few times per generation of big men. Try to name three other players in college basketball who can do what Henson does around the basket. It's a struggle to rattle off any.

The power to make teams shoot from the outside because they're afraid to shoot from inside the paint is something that many coaches never get the opportunity to experience, but all dream of having.

Henson's blessings will be just one reason that the Heels will be must-see TV for the next few weeks, especially if they tangle with Duke again on Sunday morning for the ACC crown.
    Sounds like a difference maker at the 3/4/5.
    Last edited by Joey; Sun Mar 13th, 2011 at 06:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Maleko wrote: View Post
    There are questions on Perry Jones, with some scouts very disappointed in his supposed athleticism. That said, I can't say as I have not seen him play at all. If he is as advertised with ball handling and skills at 6'11" then booyah.
    He absolutely is as advertised. Unfortunately he tends to not try as much as he should.
    Last edited by Joey; Mon Mar 14th, 2011 at 08:14 AM.

Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

lets drop the fredette thing already, he wil lbe the next reddick i can already see it. i remember when i was young, immature and had little basketball knowledge too. i saw reddick and was amazed at his skills in NCAA. then he go to the NBA and meh... fredette will be no different. some people are acting like he is the next big thing lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    lets drop the fredette thing already, he wil lbe the next reddick i can already see it. i remember when i was young, immature and had little basketball knowledge too. i saw reddick and was amazed at his skills in NCAA. then he go to the NBA and meh... fredette will be no different. some people are acting like he is the next big thing lol
    They aren't the same players. Fredette will be big if he gets into the right system. Mark my word.

Post Thanks / Like

They aren't the same players. Fredette will be big if he gets into the right system. Mark my word.

lol. Im sure that exact sentece has been said every year, no offense. I bet when fredette is drafted and isnt what some exect they will just blame the system (its the circle of life).

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

lol. Im sure that exact sentece has been said every year, no offense. I bet when fredette is drafted and isnt what some exect they will just blame the system (its the circle of life).
    Yup.

Although I would bet he would be great off the bench in Boston. Starter? Nowhere for a playoff team.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Check out Harrison Barnes highlites from his big game:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AJFWX-yLgY

He'd be a really good complement to Demar at SF, because whoever gets plugged in there needs to be a good shooter to make up for DD's lack of range.

I was already on the HB bandwagon before his recent strong games, thinking that even if Raps draft approximately 5th, they could pick him up. Now I hope he just doesn't blow up too much in the NCAA tournament

Post Thanks / Like

I can say the same thing about Baners. I think he's being overhyped even though he only had a half decent season. Fredette will be big and people will regret passing on him. He has everything to be a star.

It's too early to say anything about anyone though. We'll need to wait for March Madness.
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Mon Mar 14th, 2011 at 12:24 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

yah exactly, March Madness seperate the men from the boys.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Ruuuuu wrote: View Post
    Check out Harrison Barnes highlites from his big game:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AJFWX-yLgY

He'd be a really good complement to Demar at SF, because whoever gets plugged in there needs to be a good shooter to make up for DD's lack of range.

I was already on the HB bandwagon before his recent strong games, thinking that even if Raps draft approximately 5th, they could pick him up. Now I hope he just doesn't blow up too much in the NCAA tournament
    I think you guys are reaching on this kid, terrence jones is a NBA SF watch this game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rJok9ZrnYE barnes didn't even guard him and jones guard 3 - 5 in that game. If we are talking about putting barnes at SG then I see where that will work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote grindhouse wrote: View Post
    I think you guys are reaching on this kid, terrence jones is a NBA SF watch this game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rJok9ZrnYE barnes didn't even guard him and jones guard 3 - 5 in that game. If we are talking about putting barnes at SG then I see where that will work.
    I was really high on T. Jones at the start of the year. He has really regressed. I wonder if Calipari has messed him up. There have been a number of instances this year with obvious conflict between the two. Calipari is a screamer as a coach. Yesterday in the SEC final Jones was on the bench and Calipari stood in front of him screaming for about 2 minutes - no joke, it was 2 minutes. I'm sure he deserved it but the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Calipari should, in my opinion, start questioning how he handles T. Jones for the sake of the team and the player.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Important draft dates

Some dates to keep in mind:

April 24 - early entry deadline (i.e. college freshmen, sophmores, and juniors)
    May 8 - deadline to pull out of draft and retain college eligibility (NCAA rule)
    May 17 - draft lottery
    June 14 - deadline for international players to pull out of draft
    June 23 - Draft Night

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sullinger Would Be The #1 If He Were 6'11"? Not Entering The Draft?

Ohio State forward/center Jared Sullinger will soon have to make the most important decision of his young life: Stay another year with the Buckeyes or enter his name in the 2011 NBA draft.

The early entry deadline is at 11:59 p.m. April 24. Its going to be extremely difficult for the 6-foot-9, 280-pounder to bypass the kind of money the NBA can offer.

His draft stock continues to rise. Hell likely be a top five selection in the draft. If he returns for a second year with the Buckeyes, scouts could uncover some warts to his game and he could drop on the draft boards.

Ohio State coach Thad Matta isnt convinced Sullinger is leaving.

I think he will come back, he said last week. Im hoping and I think Jared knows he has some work to do now. When the season ends we can look at all his options, but hes one of those kids that enjoy college and he knows talking with our former players that are in the NBA what its all about at the next level. Its a different world.

I definitely have always been this way with guys, I want wants best for them, so whatever that is, well point them in the right direction.

Sullinger, 18, isnt a finished product. Hes also a bit undersized. The Buckeyes list him at 6-9, but one NBA front-office executive said hes probably closer to 6-7 1/2.

If he makes himself available for the draft, the day in Chicago when teams can measure, poke and prod the players will be extremely important to Sullinger. His actual size without shoes and with shoes could sway some teams in the draft.

One front-office executive told Fox Sports Ohio that if Sullinger was 6-11, hed be the No. 1 pick in the draft. On the plus side, he reportedly does have a 6-11 wingspan, which is outstanding.
    Source: Morning Journal.com

Page 32 of 132 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 ... LastLast

Thread Information