Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    14 points and 4 rebs in OT.
    5 of 6 FT's down the stretch and 4/4 to end it - including 2 that made it a 5 point game. Looks like he was just waiting for the games to matter before he started to play - lol.

His bandwagon is starting to get full. I feel cramped in here.
    BTW, I should mention I wasn't on the bandwagon by myself or anything. I am like most other fickle draft followers.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
      Weems if he calms down - apparently quite upset right now.
      Poor Weems. He's not getting enough PT to pad his stats before free agency. I wonder why he's not getting minutes...

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        Poor Weems. He's not getting enough PT to pad his stats before free agency. I wonder why he's not getting minutes...
        And the issue is if he plays within himself, hustles on defense and take his high(er) percentage shots, getting off his all-star attitude when he isn't one, he would get a fair contract and consistent bench minutes for the Rpators or another team. If he plays like he did earlier in the year, chucks shots etc. then he plays himself into a fringe NBA-er. So common too which is a shame. I like Weems, or at least the one that came out last year, not the ego-driven one this year. Time will tell, but it concerns me if he does get a contract he slips into the bad-Sonny instead of steady-Sonny.

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
          HAHA. But Barnes has the talent, he didn't play too well in the season, also due to all the hype. His season was by no means bad, and he showed the kind of things he is capable of. I think he will be a really good NBA player, and he would fit in perfectly with the team. I'm still hoping to get Irving though.
          Like I said I prefer Barnes now, and many have said (NBA scouts and such - not us slouches) that his game is more suited to the NBA than college. Irving would be great, and I would be very happy with him, but I think unless we have a #1 or perhaps a #2 pick we won't get him. Remains to be seen if we get him whether we trade him and down taking Barnes and either another pick or player from the other team.

Comment

DraftExpress has him at 12 to the Rockets.... how long until that changes?
            ESPN now has Barnes going 4th.

Comment

HAHA. But Barnes has the talent, he didn't play too well in the season, also due to all the hype. His season was by no means bad, and he showed the kind of things he is capable of. I think he will be a really good NBA player, and he would fit in perfectly with the team. I'm still hoping to get Irving though.
              Im not, after seeing this break out game, and im sure it wont be the last. Barnes is my number one pick. he is only 18 and he has alot of room to improove. the raps rookie development has been very strong and has done a great job. Barnes is our man. my second draft pick would be derrick williams and then perry jones.

I tihnk having jose would be very good for a guy like barnes too.

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                Im not, after seeing this break out game, and im sure it wont be the last. Barnes is my number one pick. he is only 18 and he has alot of room to improove. the raps rookie development has been very strong and has done a great job. Barnes is our man. my second draft pick would be derrick williams and then perry jones.

I tihnk having jose would be very good for a guy like barnes too.
                So do you think the status quo on the PG is fine for next year (2011/12: Calderon/Bayless) and use the 2012 draft pick to find a PG who can learn from Calderon for a year as it will be the last year of Jose's contract?

Personally, I think the Raps take the best player available - either of Barnes or Irving would make me smile.

Comment

• Fredette named CBS, SI and Forde Minutes player of the year.

Comment

So do you think the status quo on the PG is fine for next year (2011/12: Calderon/Bayless) and use the 2012 draft pick to find a PG who can learn from Calderon for a year as it will be the last year of Jose's contract?

Personally, I think the Raps take the best player available - either of Barnes or Irving would make me smile.
                    Yah thats pretty much how i see it. calderon and bayless will do for now. bayless expires in 2012. maybe by then he brings his game together and he is our pg. but jose does a good job being a leader, he stays possotive, helps the young players find their shots, his effort is always there and he can be a good mentor if we draft a pg in 2012. the other option is getting a pg ( possibly rubio) in a trade or in free agency. the way i see it is if we get rid of calderon and get a pg this year i dont think we make the playoffs. washington got Wall last year and they still suck. we are better off keeping jose and bayless , drafting a sf and then hopefully get close ot making the palyoffs. if we get a pg this year i dont see us getting close to the playoffs again. i dont think they raps players or fans can handle another season like this one(although one can argue that the loosing is related to injuries). toronto has to make the playoffs and become a blossoming team so we can atleast have a chance to sign good free agents. loosing again next year would be a big step backwards

Comment

• Guys, it's looking more and more like if we get a top 5 pick, no matter who's taken before us we can still get a great player.

This makes me very happy.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                        Guys, it's looking more and more like if we get a top 5 pick, no matter who's taken before us we can still get a great player.

This makes me very happy.
                        +1

Comment

What is the PG class for 2012? And I think only Barnes and Irving seem like star potential players.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                            Fredette named CBS, SI and Forde Minutes player of the year.
                            Fredette will probably be a late lotto pick at best.

Comment

What is the PG class for 2012? And I think only Barnes and Irving seem like star potential players.
                              Could be good. Especially if we have a shot at Myck Kabongo. Would fit in well, really likes Toronto. We might have to wrangle better pick for next year than we might get, or who knows. Some projections (early) have him at 10 next year.

Comment

Fredette will probably be a late lotto pick at best.
                                +1

Comment

Working...
                                X