2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grindhouse wrote: View Post
    it doesn't matter I was just playing. Canadians have a tendency to do well in high school disappear completely or do ok in college and if they make the league how long do they last? add on top of that, that there is more competetion at the point guard spot than any other position in the league. wait and see approach is probably the best thing for us to do.
    Canadians? Ok, well he's out playing ALL of the American PG's in the states right now.
    I'm not sure where you're from, or who you're specifically referring too, but the NCAA is already littered with Canadian talent, and there's only going to be more coming. I think you need adjust your opinion on 'Canadians' when it comes to basketball, because you might be surprised. The NBA will be seeing MANY more of them. Cory Joseph and Tristan Thompson will only be the beginning.

Myck Kabongo is going to be big. Wait and see, indeed.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
      isn't demar mostly playing SG for the Raptors? And why is that the problem? He's not at a size disadvantage at all against other SFs.
      I think Demar is at a slight size disadvantage at the SF position, actually. NBA.com has him listed at 6'7" and 220 lbs, but I've seen him listed as small as 6'5, 210. He's probably closer to 6'6 220, but even still with guys like Lebron (6'8" 250), Durant (6'9" 230), Marvin Williams and JSmoov (6'9" 240), Artest (6'7" 260), you start to see that even though he is a bit more athletic then these guys, he would just get beat the eff up night in and night out trying to guard them.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        How do you post videos? I want to get one up of that Perry Jones kid.. 6'11" with handles like a guard. We NEED him.
        Use the video tag ([ video ] url [ /video ]) or click on the in the toolbar.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
          Use the video tag ([ video ] url [ /video ]) or click on the in the toolbar.
          Thanks man.

Comment

SIDE NOTE:

Gotta love that they've got Cory Joseph going possible lottery, and Tristan Thompson Top 25, as well.
            They've have been playing some solid ball for Texas and are repping Toronto with the best of em.

Once Myck Kabongo is ready, Colangelo NEEDS to do whatever it takes to acquire his rights.
            http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...7/myck-kabongo
            Dude can save this team single handedly, being a top Prospect (this link has him as No.2 PG in the country, but most have him No.1) AND him being from Toronto.
            That guy looks beastly but I'd wait till he plays in college before I'd make a decision.

BTW Knowing the Raptors they wont be bad enough to draft him and I'd probably take wayyyyy too much to trade for a top 3 pick so the odds of us getting him is slim to none if he actually is good enough to "single handedly save this franchise".

Comment

That guy looks beastly but I'd wait till he plays in college before I'd make a decision.

BTW Knowing the Raptors they wont be bad enough to draft him and I'd probably take wayyyyy too much to trade for a top 3 pick so the odds of us getting him is slim to none if he actually is good enough to "single handedly save this franchise".
              Fact... but perhaps if we're already in the top 10 range, it won't take as much top move up a few spots. Still, a PG from Toronto who will be starting for the Long Horns next year and ranked atop his position .. Raps would be silly to not try for him.

Comment

Canadians? Ok, well he's out playing ALL of the American PG's in the states right now.
                I'm not sure where you're from, or who you're specifically referring too, but the NCAA is already littered with Canadian talent, and there's only going to be more coming. I think you need adjust your opinion on 'Canadians' when it comes to basketball, because you might be surprised. The NBA will be seeing MANY more of them. Cory Joseph and Tristan Thompson will only be the beginning.

Myck Kabongo is going to be big. Wait and see, indeed.
                chill I am from toronto, I hope he does well but like you said I will wait and see.

Comment

Fact... but perhaps if we're already in the top 10 range, it won't take as much top move up a few spots. Still, a PG from Toronto who will be starting for the Long Horns next year and ranked atop his position .. Raps would be silly to not try for him.
                  It would be really really cool if he develops as it seems he will and then we land him. A home town boy playing for the Raps!
                  Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

How do you post videos? I want to get one up of that Perry Jones kid.. 6'11" with handles like a guard. We NEED him.
                    We NEED Perry Jones? Really? The kid is struggling mightily at Baylor.

If I had a choice of the 3, I'd take Barnes. The reason being is that there have been questions about PJones and his desire to actually want to bring his game to the next level. There are also inconsistency issues as well as lack of Ball IQ issues.

In regards to Terrence Jones, he is beasting it, but there have been reports that he's tuning out Calipari and only really playing for himself, and on defense, he's really lazy. Do we really want a player like that on this team?

Barnes needs a bit more polish but he's playing for a good coach in Roy Williams and a good system at UNC.

We're not in a position where we say we'd want player 'X', we'd have to select the best player available.

But, if you're asking about favourite players in the draft, I love Jared Sullinger from Ohio State and Enes Kanter (who was supposed to play at Kentucky).

Comment

What do you guys think of the Brazilian C that they say is going to be picked by the heat #1 pick (28th overall) (which we own). He looks like he'd a great addition to this team but I don't like that they say he has a superstar attitude. Reminds of Ryan Leafs (NFL) ton of potential but his attitude made him the biggest bust in NFL history.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/lucas-nogueira
                      This guy cant even play until the 2013-2014 season. he would be awsome but thats way to long of a wait

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        We NEED Perry Jones? Really? The kid is struggling mightily at Baylor.

If I had a choice of the 3, I'd take Barnes. The reason being is that there have been questions about PJones and his desire to actually want to bring his game to the next level. There are also inconsistency issues as well as lack of Ball IQ issues.

In regards to Terrence Jones, he is beasting it, but there have been reports that he's tuning out Calipari and only really playing for himself, and on defense, he's really lazy. Do we really want a player like that on this team?

Barnes needs a bit more polish but he's playing for a good coach in Roy Williams and a good system at UNC.

We're not in a position where we say we'd want player 'X', we'd have to select the best player available.

But, if you're asking about favourite players in the draft, I love Jared Sullinger from Ohio State and Enes Kanter (who was supposed to play at Kentucky).
                        No doubt I take Barnes if we can, but I'm just not sure, when it's all said and done that he won't be the number 1 pick. It's his to lose.

No doubt Terrnce Jones has shown some questionable attributes.

But I do NOT believe that 12.5 points on 52% shooting, 8.2 rebounds, a block and a steal is struggling, for a team that's 8-3.
                        I think he's got a chance to be a Kevin Durant/ Tracy McGrady type, and with his mix of height, handle and pure athletic freakishness, I wouldn't be surprised to see PJ go No.1 this summer either.
                        Either way, they're all solid, and we need one of them. haha

And ya exactly, this is more of a hypothetical, 'We need a SF, there's a few in a the draft, if you could take any, who do you like.'

Comment

The Oilers would be CRAZY trading 2 offensively talented rookies for Geno. Not happening.

Comment

KakashiPrince wrote: View Post
                            what happen to Kyrie Irving?
                            Just read that he actually suffered a toe injury that could cost him the whole season... :S
                            There goes Duke with him.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                              This guy cant even play until the 2013-2014 season. he would be awsome but thats way to long of a wait
                              Why not?

Comment

isn't perry jones a pf?
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X