Page 50 of 132 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2640

Thread: 2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Deadallus wrote: View Post
    Easy on the Fredette pick. He is the next Adam Morrison. Great college player. Invisible in the NBA.
    No he's not. Just stop comparing a PG with the ball in his hands that gets double/triple teamed to a guy who mainly came off screens and scored. They are 2 different players. Just because you score a lot of point in college doesn't automatically make you "the next Adam Morrison".

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Shantz wrote: View Post
    For a draft class that is being insulted quite a bit this year through the general media, it does have a good group of players near the top (depending on who declares). And with the teams that are picking, it is a complete wildcard as to who will be picked where.

Most experts are saying that the Cavs would really want Kyrie, but is it possible that they take Williams/Barnes/Jones with their pick and then attempt to get Brandon Knight with the Clippers pick?

Minnesota could be looking at any player...Sacramento has a number of holes in their team and have recently talked about trading their pick this year...Washington would only exclude PGs from their board...etc.

Once again, depending on who declares for the draft, there are many players who would fit in well with the Raptors and fill an automatic need.

Kyrie Irving
    Harrison Barnes
    Enes Kanter
    Brandon Knight
    Derrick Williams
    Jared Sullinger
    Jan Vesely

There might not be any star playesr like Durant (but guys can surprise), but there is enough talent to find some strong pieces.
    Honestly the only problem is that there isn't that one cant-miss franchise player that there is in many drafts (that you take regardless of who you are or who you have). Eg. Rose, Griffen, Wall in the most recent drafts.

Chances are that somone will still emerge to be an all-star, maybe perennial all-star. Because even in the 2006 draft, Rondo and B-Roy emerged.

But there isnt that one guaranteed guy at the top.

After that, however, the top 10 looks as solid as any recent draft.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Ruuuuu wrote: View Post
    Honestly the only problem is that there isn't that one cant-miss franchise player that there is in many drafts (that you take regardless of who you are or who you have). Eg. Rose, Griffen, Wall in the most recent drafts.

Chances are that somone will still emerge to be an all-star, maybe perennial all-star. Because even in the 2006 draft, Rondo and B-Roy emerged.

But there isnt that one guaranteed guy at the top.

After that, however, the top 10 looks as solid as any recent draft.
    I think it is possible that the 'missing' franchise player in this draft might be a good thing for the Raptors. Having that one can't miss star/franchise player it really comes down to how the lottery balls fall. That is still somewhat the case in this draft, but with 8 talents that are all looking strong the luck element is limited. Rather then missing out on a Rose/Griffen/Wall, the Raptors will get an opportunity to pick between a number of players and base it off of a good fit.

That said, I would much rather be able to draft a legitimate franchise player, but if that is lacking at least there are some strong players who will be very good starters in the league.

Once again though...it all comes down to who declares and who does not.

Post Thanks / Like

I said it before and I'll say it again. I'm really impressed with Liggins on Kentucky. I hope we can get him whenever he declairs, he's a great defender and a pretty good offensively. He's always coming off the bench and giving what kentucky needs (offense, defense, assisting, rebounding). He's like the perfect backup PG, I hope they give him time next season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    No he's not. Just stop comparing a PG with the ball in his hands that gets double/triple teamed to a guy who mainly came off screens and scored. They are 2 different players. Just because you score a lot of point in college doesn't automatically make you "the next Adam Morrison".
    We don't want another JJ Redick either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Prime wrote: View Post
    We don't want another JJ Redick either.
    He's not a JJ Redick either, he's more like Curry then anything with longer range.

Post Thanks / Like

Brandon. Knight.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope we get Knight! He is everything we need at PG; speed, size, clutch and athletic.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope we get Knight! He is everything we need at PG; speed, size, clutch and athletic.
    great game!!

Post Thanks / Like

I really hope we trade down and pick up another pick somehow. The value at the top of the draft is weak.

Post Thanks / Like

If we can't get Irving, I'm all for trading down. I'm also all for knight. Up till tonight I kind of mulled over which PG I liked second most and after that game against probably the favorites to win it all, I'm all aboard the Knight train. Dudes got it. One thing you can't teach is poise and he oozes it. Did you see how calm he was after hitting the game winner, getting back on defense? That's who I want running my team.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I really hope we trade down and pick up another pick somehow. The value at the top of the draft is weak.
    If we trade down, I'm all in for Knight, Walker or Faried.

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

ha this draft is gonna be a joke, Barnes and Sullinger arent declaring if they lose the tourni.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sullinger not declaring: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6260339

Sitting in the Ohio State locker room following the top-seeded Buckeyes' 62-60 loss to Kentucky, the freshman said he would not be entering his name for the NBA draft and would return for his sophomore season.

"I'm going to be an Ohio State Buckeye next year," he said. "This isn't why I came here, to come in here and see my seniors in here crying. I came here to win a national championship."

Plenty of people make pledges in the rubble of an emotional loss only to change their mind later, when the sting and suddenness of the season fades and the promise of the NBA looms.

Sullinger, who had 21 points and 16 rebounds in his final game of the season, insists that won't happen.

"I'm a man of my word," Sullinger said. "I don't change my word and no one changes it for me. This is what I want."

Sullinger said he made the decision following the game, but coach Thad Matta said it's the message Sullinger has been sending to him all season.

"Oh he's been telling me that all along," Matta said. "And I believe it. He told me, draw me up a contract, whatever you need to do. I believe him when he says it."
    Did he not learn anything from Spoelestra and the HEAT about the crying?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Sullinger not declaring: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6260339

Did he not learn anything from Spoelestra and the HEAT about the crying?
    Meh, we didnt' need a PF anyways and this is just going to make the top of the draft that much weaker. We should trade down.

Raptors Republic Starter charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you guys think Brandon Knight would be an upgrade?

I was wondering the question. Do you think that Brandon Knight of Kentucky would be an upgrade? I mean if you'd have the choice between keeping Bayless as our future starting point guard or let this role go to Knight, what would you do?

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

this one is hard for me because I saw the maui tourney when kemba destroyed him and now he has 2 big games in the NCAA tourney.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    I was wondering the question. Do you think that Brandon Knight of Kentucky would be an upgrade? I mean if you'd have the choice between keeping Bayless as our future starting point guard or let this role go to Knight, what would you do?
    Yes, Knight is smarter and more athletic IMO.

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Brandon Knight can defend elite guards, he will lose one on one to UNC's Strickland in Elite 8 though.
    Last edited by e2thed; Sat Mar 26th, 2011 at 01:29 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yo its frustrating for the Raps, but its also a bad decision for these top 5 picks to pull out like this...

MEMO to Sullinger: Sorry to break it to you buddy, but no one cares if Ohio State wins an NCAA Championship. (lol @ "my seniors were crying"...bro you met these guys a few months ago, what about your family?). You've already proven that you're good. That college tournament...some people win it, some dont. You're risking millions of dollars by going back for it.

(BTW can you imagine a top Law student turning down a mult-million dollar offer from a top Law firm because he wanted another go at the "National College Law Court Case Competition" ?)

Anyway if Barnes pulls out too, forget about trading down for B-Knight....he might be a decent pick at 4-6.

But again, Barnes would be crazy to pull out. Without DWilliams and Sullinger he is a guaranteed top 5 pick, and probably top 2 pick. So he would not be going back to increase his draft stock. He would be paying and risking millions of dollars for another shot at winning a NCAA championship.

Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Dwight, Durant...none of these guys won an NCAA tournament, who cares? Melo happened to win in the one year he was there, but I can guarantee you if he lost in the finals he wasn't going back for another shot LOL.
    Last edited by Ruuuuu; Sat Mar 26th, 2011 at 02:45 PM.

Thread Information