Page 52 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2640

Thread: 2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re the ESPN piece...htf does the writer know how the balls will fall? BobCats as #1??? They could make the playoffs with Indiana and NY in freefall. Maybe he is making things up the player assessments as well.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

If the Raps are not looking at Bargs beyond this contract...Valanciunas makes even more sense

My updated draft board for the Raps would be:

1. Irving
    2. Valanciunas
    3. Barnes

After that, probably:

Kanter
    Knight
    PJones

But Im waiting on more info about Kanter's knees (if they are really an issue), and if PJones has any drive to compete and improve his game.

I honestly wouldn't be mad at Raps for taking Knight even at 4 - if they could not work out a trade down or they suspected that other teams right below them were high on him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Re the ESPN piece...htf does the writer know how the balls will fall? BobCats as #1??? They could make the playoffs with Indiana and NY in freefall. Maybe he is making things up the player assessments as well.
    It was just a screenshot that the poster took and pasted. It's not linked in with the article.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    NBA Ready or Not?

The screenshot was of the lottery generator thing.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I still say if we don't get the number one pick we take kenneth faried I see the Ben Wallace in him.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kings win, Kings win!

Toronto is tied for fourth worst!

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Kings win, Kings win!

Toronto is tied for fourth worst!
    Don't get happy.

Quote Kings Schedule wrote:
    Tue 3/29 Suns | Wed 3/30 @Nuggets | Fri 4/1 Nuggets | Sun 4/3 Jazz | Tue 4/5 @Rockets | Wed 4/6 @Spurs | Fri 4/8 @Grizzlies | Sun 4/10 @Warriors
    Quote Raptors Schedule wrote:
    Wed 3/30 Bucks | Sat 4/2 @Bulls | Sun 4/3 Magic | Tue 4/5 @Knicks | Wed 4/6 Cavaliers | Fri 4/8 @76ers | Sun 4/10 Nets | Mon 4/11 @Bucks
    We'll at least get 2 wins (Nets and Cavs at home) can't say the same about the Kings.

edit:

Man I wish we can get a 2nd rounder so we can get Harrellson. This guy is a beast.
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sun Mar 27th, 2011 at 06:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

The way they're playing I wouldnt be surprised if the raps don't win again this season

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2011 NBA Draft Early Entrants

http://www.nbadraft.net/2011-nba-draft-early-entrants

I usually question this sites information but this is a good place to get an idea of who is in or out plus the key dates leading up to the draft.

Raptors Republic Starter hotfuzz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Jared Sullinger to stay at Ohio state

Jared Sullinger To Stay At Ohio State, Pass On 2011 NBA Draft, Father Says
    Mar
    1:22p
    by Mike Prada

Jared Sullinger appears to be serious about his post-game declaration that he would return to Ohio State for his sophomore year and pass on declaring for the 2011 NBA Draft. Sullinger's father told Pete Thamel of the New York Times that he is sure his son will be coming back to school.

Satch Sullinger on his son: "You can etch it in stone. Jared Sullinger will be back at The Ohio State University."

This is a bit of a surprise, because Sullinger is expected to be one of the first players selected in the 2011 NBA Draft. Draft Express has him going No. 4 in its latest mock draft, and ESPN's Chad Ford has him in the same spot. But the prospect of an NBA lockout, combined with Sullinger's own desire to keep his college experience alive, has evidently convinced Sullinger to stay in school.

Ohio State will lose three starters -- Jon Diebler, David Lighty and Dallas Lauderdale -- to graduation, but returns Sullinger, William Buford, Deshaun Thomas and Aaron Craft next season, making the Buckeyes a potential candidate to open the season as the nation's No. 1 team.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/3/2...tate-nba-draft
    "Duh! Winning"
    - Charlie Sheen

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully Barnes will declare even though UNC did not win.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see faried anywhere on that list but everyone knows he is a lottery mid-first round. Tyshawn Taylor is at late second round undrafted if he goes undrafted Toronto must pick him up I don't think we have a second round pick this year. If we trade bargnani for something in this draft Terrence jones would be the guy I would go for.

There are always sleepers in the draft guys who are on good teams that run very rigid sets and go unnoticed. Josh selby has come off the bench mainly cause of Taylor add on top of that his suspension which no one knows what he did besides the coach and the team and I see a diamond in the rough waiting to be found.

The toughness of Terrence jones is showing going through Ohio st and now unc playing solid defense and playing within the sets I like his game.

Faried is just a BEAST

So far my 2 calls for the tourney have been right morehead beating louville, uk in the final 4.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Dallas Lauderdale is a cool-ass name. I'm jealous.

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

For someone who can go this high and may be a top pick, it will be shocking if he turns down going pro especially considering the millions he may be risking.

In the end money talks and bullshit walks.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    For someone who can go this high and may be a top pick, it will be shocking if he turns down going pro especially considering the millions he may be risking.

In the end money talks and bullshit walks.
    But if there's a lockout then nobody's playing, and nobody's gettin' paid. I can see the reasoning behind these guys going back to school. For some it might even be for educational purposes, imagine that!
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic Starter hotfuzz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote malefax wrote: View Post
    Dallas Lauderdale is a cool-ass name. I'm jealous.
    I like William Buford and David Lighty as well.
    "Duh! Winning"
    - Charlie Sheen

Post Thanks / Like

Faried is not a guy who is going to save our team, or even put us on track to making the playoffs. He is a younger more athletic Reggie Evans and is still a work in progress.

Post Thanks / Like

Sullinger will be the next Roy Hibbert - top 5 one year, 17 the next.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    Faried is not a guy who is going to save our team, or even put us on track to making the playoffs. He is a younger more athletic Reggie Evans and is still a work in progress.
    there are no franchise changing players in this draft.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Sullinger will be the next Roy Hibbert - top 5 one year, 17 the next.
    Yes and I read some scouts saying that the knock against Sullinger is his height, and that won't change for next year, and the rest of his game is where it will be as well. With a greater competition for next year's draft, and perhaps increasing with every lottery pick this year that does not declare, he is expected to drop considerably. 5- 17 is reasonable, if not underestimating the potential drop in pick point for Sullinger next year. That alone will reduce the 'millions' he can command when drafted.

He likes his college experience and power to him, what is disappointing and to Mack North's statement, I have yet to hear him say he is going back to further his education.

Page 52 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast

Thread Information