Page 53 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2640

Thread: 2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote grindhouse wrote: View Post
    there are no franchise changing players in this draft.
    There may not be a true franchise player in this years draft, but you can get players that will be the caliber of a Lamarcus Aldridge, David West, Tony Parker, Demar Derozan. Picking a guy like Faried early in the first round is not a great pick to me, I don't see him as any more than a great energy guy off the bench. People can compare him a Ben Wallace, but that was a very special situation, not the normal.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    There may not be a true franchise player in this years draft, but you can get players that will be the caliber of a Lamarcus Aldridge, David West, Tony Parker, Demar Derozan. Picking a guy like Faried early in the first round is not a great pick to me, I don't see him as any more than a great energy guy off the bench. People can compare him a Ben Wallace, but that was a very special situation, not the normal.
    Agree

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I respect your opinion but disagree, you see great energy, I see great motor, a kid who moves with purpose. The freshmen in this draft you don't know what your going to get from them we all just see potential, we know exactly what we are going to get from faried. Toronto needs someone to control the paint I don't see anyone besides faried who has the potential to do that.
    Last edited by grindhouse; Mon Mar 28th, 2011 at 11:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I respect your opinion but disagree, you see great energy, I see great motor, a kid who moves with purpose. The freshmen in this draft you don't know what your going to get from them we all just see potential, we know exactly what we are going to get from faried. Toronto needs someone to control the paint I don't see anyone besides faried who has the potential to do that.
    If Faried is the BPA at wherever we select, then he'd be weclome. However, if he's slated to go outside of the lotto/high 20's, there's no way we should be reaching for him with a top 10-pick.

Post Thanks / Like

You think he has the ability to control the paint? I think he can be a good rebounder in the NBA, but he will NOT control the paint. The guy is 6'8" 225, sure he may be able to put on a few more pounds but going against guys bigger and stronger night after night in the NBA will prove to be a challenge for him. I don't envision an NBA starter, and that is what you want from a top 15 pick. He could be a nice player for a good team, but he just does not fit with the group we have in Toronto, we need someone that will be more well rounded and be a starter.

Post Thanks / Like

You think he has the ability to control the paint? I think he can be a good rebounder in the NBA, but he will NOT control the paint. The guy is 6'8" 225, sure he may be able to put on a few more pounds but going against guys bigger and stronger night after night in the NBA will prove to be a challenge for him. I don't envision an NBA starter, and that is what you want from a top 15 pick. He could be a nice player for a good team, but he just does not fit with the group we have in Toronto, we need someone that will be more well rounded and be a starter.
    ..I agree...and when was the last time we saw a team with a starting centre that was 6'7"-6'8"?

Faried with be a solid pro. Probably the first big off a bench, but teams shouldn't be pinning their hopes on him.

Post Thanks / Like

He's a shorter Jordon Hill.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Ouch, lol you can't compare him to that scrub.
    I will try and make a argument for faried but will probably not change anyone's mind....if we trade bargnani who is starting at center. We would probably go with a Amir, Davis line up right. How's that any different than faried in there? He does have long arms and from what I seen maybe stronger than both those guys, he is a senior. I have heard at least 2 scouts call him a lottery pick, as well as say some gm's are looking at him like that. If you guys look at draftexpress they list Ben wallace and amare at 6'8. Last but not least faried has not good hops, not great jumping ability but freakish hops similar to Blake griffen.

One more thing IMHO we cant keep drafting fitness players cause that leads us to soft defense which we have had for the past decade. Faried has put up 20 and 20 5 times that's a feat no matter what level of ball you play at.
    Last edited by grindhouse; Mon Mar 28th, 2011 at 01:48 PM.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    He reminds me of Rodman, except he at least tries on the offensive end.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    ..I agree...and when was the last time we saw a team with a starting centre that was 6'7"-6'8"?

Faried with be a solid pro. Probably the first big off a bench, but teams shouldn't be pinning their hopes on him.
    If the Spurs end up getting him, they'll have two DaJuan Blair's and they will officially be fucking with all the other teams.

Post Thanks / Like

Faried? I love him, but he's the next Reggie Evans. Remember last year when Evans was putting up every shot after every offensive rebound? And then getting blocked? Buddy tried, but sometimes it's not to the benefit of the team. That is Faried's future. Unless he can extend his range significantly.

Post Thanks / Like

I am starting to think people follow this site and our discussion and produce videos anytime we get deep talking about one particular player.

Draftexpress strength and weakness on kenneth faried video http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...th-Faried-3652

Raptors Republic Starter bloodyhandedgod's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am starting to think people follow this site and our discussion and produce videos anytime we get deep talking about one particular player.

Draftexpress strength and weakness on kenneth faried video http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...th-Faried-3652
    Our power is revealed. :lol:
    The kid looks like a great addition. And sometimes the 4 year college players adapt far better. And are a safer choice. Oftentimes these kids come out so early they are not emotionally ready for the NBA world. Not sure about requirements before the NBA draft, but some of them come out too fast.
    I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, hes listed as Chu Chu. I think hes worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name. -Tim W.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote bloodyhandedgod wrote: View Post
    Our power is revealed. :lol:
    The kid looks like a great addition. And sometimes the 4 year college players adapt far better. And are a safer choice. Oftentimes these kids come out so early they are not emotionally ready for the NBA world. Not sure about requirements before the NBA draft, but some of them come out too fast.
    The reason why most GM's stay away from Seniors is because they've pretty much hit their ceiling. Farried very well could be one of these guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Walker & Knight Rising

UCONN's Kemba Walker helps his stock every time he steps on the floor. His athleticism, ability to simply bring it every night, and the vastly improved form on his jump shot has him on top of a very impressive list of guard prospects. Kentucky's Brandon Knight will garner serious top 5 consideration as the draft approaches based on his performance here. He's shown scouts he can value possessions and make the key play at the right time. He's currently 9-26 from behind the arc for the tournament, including five huge ones yesterday, which validates his near 40% for the season. His turnovers are a bit high, but he's made up for them by getting after it on the defensive end, making the extra pass later in the shot clock, and knocking down key jump shots.
    Source: HoopsWorld.com

Post Thanks / Like

If Irving and Barnes are off the board, give me Knight.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd take Knight over Walker.

Post Thanks / Like

That whole Kentucky team is playing some solid defense right now, I would like to see a Kentucky uconn final. Knight vs kemba I want to see if knight can redeem himself from the Maui tournament.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    I'd take Knight over Walker.
    I am in that camp as well. I like what Walker can do, but I like the extra size that Knight brings more.

Post Thanks / Like

That whole Kentucky team is playing some solid defense right now, I would like to see a Kentucky uconn final. Knight vs kemba I want to see if knight can redeem himself from the Maui tournament.
    Aren't they playing each other in the semi-final? I think they are.

Page 53 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast

Thread Information