Page 54 of 132 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 2640

Thread: 2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

  1. #1061
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,736
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Kemba and Knight play each other in the next round, can't wait for it. I'm on team Knight too, don't see how his draft stock gets hurt unless he really shits the bed in the tourney and/or has awful workouts.

  2. #1062
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,187
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    I am in that camp as well. I like what Walker can do, but I like the extra size that Knight brings more.
    I'm not sure which I'd prefer. Size and 2 years younger are definitely in Knight's favor.

  3. #1063
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,736
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Couple other dudes to watch in that game are Liggins and Lamb. Both great defenders and shooters. If they both opted for the draft (I don't think Liggins does) then I'd be all for buying/trading for a late first round pick to get them. They'd be perfect off the bench. Lamb, tho 6'5, has a 7'0 wingspan. That's just ridiculous.

  4. #1064
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm liking Knight's 6'3" size. He pretty much has the same attitibutes as Kemba, but looks like he could handle the 1 spot if needed.
    I'm also digging the numbers he's put in as a freshman. Impressive.

  5. #1065
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,537
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    I'm liking Knight's 6'3" size. He pretty much has the same attitibutes as Kemba, but looks like he could handle the 1 spot if needed.
    I'm also digging the numbers he's put in as a freshman. Impressive.
    Except Knight averaged Less Assists, Less Rebounds, Less Points and Less Steals while putting up more 3 Pointers than Kemba has ever put up in his whole career. Though his numbers are impressive for a freshman, the fact that he's put up 220 3 pointers as a freshman doesn't lead you to believe he's 'shoot first' as you were saying was the problem with Kemba? Not sure I understand that.

  6. #1066
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,986
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Kemba and Knight play each other in the next round, can't wait for it. I'm on team Knight too, don't see how his draft stock gets hurt unless he really shits the bed in the tourney and/or has awful workouts.
    Kemba is going to run wild all over him. Book it.

    Knight is more of a combo guard. People need to recognize that come draft night. Walker has better tools to one day be a top notch PG. He shoots a lot now because his team doesn't have depth. He gets a lot of dimes still.

  7. #1067
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Except Knight averaged Less Assists, Less Rebounds, Less Points and Less Steals while putting up more 3 Pointers than Kemba has ever put up in his whole career. Though his numbers are impressive for a freshman, the fact that he's put up 220 3 pointers as a freshman doesn't lead you to believe he's 'shoot first' as you were saying was the problem with Kemba? Not sure I understand that.
    Did you also read the part where I said "looks like he could handle the 1 spot if needed.". By if needed, it means by spot minutes here and there. Kemba's been playing college ball for 3 years bro, and his assist totals were never really solid. If we're gonna go with an undersized 2, I'd rather take the guy who can probably run the point better. Is that a bit more clear?

  8. #1068
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Kemba is going to run wild all over him. Book it.

    Knight is more of a combo guard. People need to recognize that come draft night. Walker has better tools to one day be a top notch PG. He shoots a lot now because his team doesn't have depth. He gets a lot of dimes still.
    I don't know about that. Knight's really fast too. I think he can keep up. Avatar bet?

  9. #1069
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,986
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    When I look at Knight I see a Jason Terry/Antoinio Daniels hybrid type player.
    When I look at Walker I see a kid with Stephon Marbury type of skill set.

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    I don't know about that. Knight's really fast too. I think he can keep up. Avatar bet?
    What do you have in mind?

  10. #1070
    Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,320
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Aren't they playing each other in the semi-final? I think they are.
    My mistake

  11. #1071
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    When I look at Knight I see a Jason Terry/Antoinio Daniels hybrid type player.
    When I look at Walker I see a kid with Stephon Marbury type of skill set.
    When I see Knight, I see a hyrbid of Jason Terry.. hopefully he becomes more like Jrue Holliday.
    When I see Walker, I'm sorry, the only thing I can think of is Ben Gordon..maybe..MAYBE there's an outside chance he becomes Damon Stoudamire.


    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    What do you have in mind?
    If Walker destroys Knight, I'll change my avatar to Walker for a week. If Knight gets the best of him, then you gotta rock a Knight avatar for a week.

  12. #1072
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,537
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Kemba is going to run wild all over him. Book it.

    Knight is more of a combo guard. People need to recognize that come draft night. Walker has better tools to one day be a top notch PG. He shoots a lot now because his team doesn't have depth. He gets a lot of dimes still.
    Agreed. 100%.

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    When I see Walker, I'm sorry, the only thing I can think of is Ben Gordon.
    Again, I just don't agree with this comparison at all. But thats what forums are for.
    Last edited by Joey; Tue Mar 29th, 2011 at 10:41 AM.

  13. #1073
    Raptors Republic All-Star WJF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,463
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Kemba Walker = Damon Stoudamire/Speedy Claxton
    Brandon Knight = Mark Jackson/Kenny Smith

    Who do you want?

  14. #1074
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Again, I just don't agree with this comparison at all. But thats what forums are for.
    I'm not the only one out there with that comparison. I think there was a video put out by ESPN by where Chris Broussard alluded to the Walker-Gordon comparison as well (apparently, a lot of scouts have been whispering the same thing). I'm not saying that i'm right and you're wrong because Walker could very well blow up to be like Rondo-Rose-Westbrook. I just go by what I see and my gut instinct.

  15. #1075
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,736
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Apollos gonna be rocking a knight avatar in no time

  16. #1076
    Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,320
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Kemba will win, when I watched there game before knight couldn't come close to stoping him. Kentucky Is playing better team defense now so I am watching to see how knight plays team defense because he will not stop him alone.
    Last edited by grindhouse; Tue Mar 29th, 2011 at 11:45 AM.

  17. #1077
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,986
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    If Walker destroys Knight, I'll change my avatar to Walker for a week. If Knight gets the best of him, then you gotta rock a Knight avatar for a week.
    It's on. Alert the media.

    I'm going to create a thread for this on the NBA. Check back in a second...

  18. #1078
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,986
    Post Thanks / Like

  19. #1079
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Burlington Ontario
    Posts
    749
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    CLEVELAND IS BEATING MIAMI JEZUS!!!!!!!! there on a 14 - 0 run damn!

  20. #1080
    Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,320
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    In the 2011 NBA Draft, many players from non-power conference schools will make people wonder who they are when their name is called on draft night. But if you watched any college basketball over the last two years, you should already be familiar with the name of Kenneth Faried of Morehead State.

    The Chicago Bulls should certainly learn his name, as he could be just what the team needs as it moves ahead in hopes of returning to the NBA Finals.

    Chad Ford of ESPN says that " For the past two years, we've listed Faried in the "sleeper" category. No more. NBA scouts know him well, and many believe he'll be a lottery pick on draft night. His energy and knack for grabbing rebounds is elite -- some go so far to say Dennis Rodman-esque. A big game or two for Morehead State should be the icing on a terrific career."

    Faried averaged a double-double over his final three seasons at Morehead State, shot very well from the field while picking up a pair of assists and blocks per contest. He is the real deal.

    While he may not last to this point, the Bulls would have to start chuckling if he was still on the board for their pick. Faried is the total package as a power forward and would give Chicago one of the best frontcourts in the NBA within a year or two of developing. He has the tools already in place, and just need to polish up a bit of his skills while improving at the free throw line.

    While Carlos Boozer may sound well and good, he is always an injury away from missing the season. That will only grow worse with age. Faried could step right in and be the biggest rebounding presence the Bulls have had since Dennis Rodman.

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6...-chicago-bulls

Page 54 of 132 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •