Page 55 of 132 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 2640

Thread: 2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    CLEVELAND IS BEATING MIAMI JEZUS!!!!!!!! there on a 14 - 0 run damn!
    What really possessed you to make this comment in this thread?

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    lol, I was thinking the same thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Perry Jones

Chad, your mock draft has the Raptors taking Perry Jones right now (shameless plug). I like him, but he also terrifies me. Do you think he projects as a 3 or a 4? And isn't it most likely he ends up Anthony Randolph v. 2.0?
    Chad Ford
    (2:37 PM)

He intrigues and terrifies everyone. He's a better prospect than Randolph. Doesn't have some of the same personality issues, is a better shooter, more skilled. But he's going to have to find a position in the pros (he thinks he's a guard, his college coach thought he was a center), and his motor worries me. He's a really nice kid. But does he have the mental makeup to dominate? But on straight up talent + upside, he's an A list prospect.
    Source: "Chat With Chad Ford", ESPN.com

Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The player I am most concerned about the Raps drafting is Kemba Walker. He seems to be exactly like Johnny Flynn, who I believe is in the D-league right now. Instead of drafting Kemba, how about seeing if you can pick up Flynn on the cheap and see if he can develop. Plus, Flynn is basically a local boy, having grown up just across the peace bridge.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

lol sorry i was in the moment.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I just threw it on a random thread sorry guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Barnes Probably Staying In College

Shirley Barnes told The Daily Tar Heel that her son has goals that he wants to fulfill.

The North Carolina freshman forward said after losing 76-69 to Kentucky on Sunday in the Elite Eight that he felt just like he did three years ago, when a last-second shot gave Iowa’s Marshalltown the 51-50 win against Barnes-led Ames in the state playoffs when he was a sophomore.

“That hurt for three months,” his mom, Shirley Barnes, said on Tuesday. “And that was the last time he lost. He has goals and I think he wants to fulfill those goals.”

When asked if he had played his final game in a North Carolina uniform, Barnes gave no indication which way he was leaning, only that he was living in the moment that visibly consumed him.

“I’m not thinking about the NBA,” he said.

Shirley Barnes said when the time is right, her son will make his decision.

“Harrison needs to heal from this loss,” she said. “We haven’t really talked about it, honestly. It’s not pressing to us. It’s what it is.”
    Source: RealGM.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Irving Undecided On Draft

Duke guard Kyrie Irving is projected as the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft if he decides to leave school early.

This weekend, the 19-year-old Irving will travel home to New Jersey to discuss his options with his family.

But no one should expect a quick answer.

"Right now, we're going to do our due diligence and privately discuss it as a family," Drederick Irving, Kyrie's father, said Wednesday. "It could be a month or it could be a week. It's not going to be quickly."

Irving said after the Arizona game that the decision remained uncertain. On Wednesday, his father echoed those comments, calling this the biggest decision of Kyrie's life.

"Right now," Drederick Irving said, "Kyrie's focus is on being a student and doing well in the classroom."
    Source: RealGM.com

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm extremely low on Knight, he's not explosive, makes poor decisions, is a poor shooter, and a sub-par defender. He can improve on all these things, but I don't want him shooting another 1-17 game, in a raptor's uniform.

Kemba is the real deal, after watching him against Arizona, like shelvin Mack they're both extremely clutch shooters. He's like Ty Lawson, except less explosive and a much better shooter.
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, Faried I was big on him for a little while, but not anymore. he's a combination between James Johnson and Reggie Evans, thanks, but no thanks. He'd be a good fit on Chicago, but not Toronto.
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

cleveland winning also means we got a better chance in the draft which relates to this thread technically.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like to look for players who I think fit into the core group of this team which is derozan and davis. Even tho I think faried would be a great fit along side davis (rasheed + wallace comparison) there is another prospect I want to put out there....

juan johnson the comparison would be Lamarcus Aldrige but he is shorter.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

food for thought Kentucky is in the final 4 and they didn't have kanter all season, terrence jones has been the main guy during the season and brandon knight in the tournament. Does anyone think these guys should get more credit for what they have done to this point?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    I'm extremely low on Knight, he's not explosive, makes poor decisions, is a poor shooter, and a sub-par defender. He can improve on all these things, but I don't want him shooting another 1-17 game, in a raptor's uniform.

Kemba is the real deal, after watching him against Arizona, like shelvin Mack they're both extremely clutch shooters. He's like Ty Lawson, except less explosive and a much better shooter.
    12-25 @ SDSU
    8-20 vs Cincy
    8-22 @ Pitt
    8-23 @ W Virginia
    10-27 @ Marquette
    7-23 @ Louisville
    4-16 @ St Johns
    3-16 vs Syracuse
    7-23 vs Louisville
    5-16 @ Marquette
    6-17 vs Tennessee
    6-18 vs Villanova
    8-27 @ Texas
    8-23 @ N Dame
    10-27 @ Pitt

If you don't call Knight "clutch" then that word has no meaning. How the hell is Knight not explosive? Kemba makes just as bad if not worse decisions then Walker, just because he gets assists doesn't mean he's a better decision maker. Knight is extremely smart, he shouldn't have problems making decisions in the NBA. Knight is better defender then Walker. IDK where you're getting your info from.
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Fri Apr 1st, 2011 at 12:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    12-25 @ SDSU
    8-20 vs Cincy
    8-22 @ Pitt
    8-23 @ W Virginia
    10-27 @ Marquette
    7-23 @ Louisville
    4-16 @ St Johns
    3-16 vs Syracuse
    7-23 vs Louisville
    5-16 @ Marquette
    6-17 vs Tennessee
    6-18 vs Villanova
    8-27 @ Texas
    8-23 @ N Dame
    10-27 @ Pitt

If you don't call Knight "clutch" then that word has no meaning. How the hell Knight not explosive? Kemba makes just as bad if not worse decisions then Walker, just because he gets assists doesn't mean he's a better decision maker. Knight is extremely smart, he shouldn't have problems making decisions in the NBA. Knight is better defender then Walker, IDK where you're getting your info from.

Thats what I was thinking when I read that comment

Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice and once again, Myck Kabongo shows awesome skills and would love to pick him in next year's draft. He would love to be in Toronto (being from Toronto and, well he openly stated he wants to play for the Raptors).

Post Thanks / Like

Assuming he declares. And assuming the raps can land him. And assuming he's better than irving/knight/kemba

Post Thanks / Like

Did you see that old school hook by Kyle Wiltjer? Man I am looking forward to the U19 team for Canada this year.

Post Thanks / Like

[spoiler]
    One of my favorite nights of the year for the past eight years or so has been the night of the McDonald's AA game. I've seen tape on many of the top prospects that would be in the game, but you can't really judge the primacy of stud players until you pit them against each other.

Some guys like O.J. Mayo will respond by jacking up 30+ shots at a horrible clip and ostracizing their teammates. Others, like Brad Buckman, will defer to the more talented and prestigious players and pick their spots on the night. The true megastars, like Kevin Durant, will fit seamlessly into the game and still put up huge numbers. Durant had 25 points in the game and was co-MVP with Chase Budinger, who, while good, really had no business being mentioned in the same sentence on that night.

That said, the most important thing I take from the game is how the player perceives himself with regards to his supposed peers. The next thing I look at is his skillset. The third thing is effort and the least important thing to me is stats. I honestly couldn't care less if UNC commit James McAdoo, who was hilariously named co-MVP with Kentucky commit Mike Gilchrist, hit one three and had a bunch of breakaway dunks to total 17 points.

Some player thoughts after the jump:

Myck Kabongo, PG, Texas: For those of you who only glanced at the stat lines and didn't watch the game or those who watched the game and were nonplussed, don't fear. You'll see a much more steady and under-control player when Kabongo is under Rick Barnes' keen eye. The stage and nature of the game certainly brought out the flair in Myck, who had some insane passes and showed off some astounding handle that had the crowd "ooohing" and "ahhhhing" in the opening minutes of the game.

But he also had five turnovers (I actually thought it was more), a few from overly-ambitious passes to teammates, a few from passes where he kind of just lobbed the ball to nobody in particular, and one where he tried to do some fancy behind-the-back move and just lost the ball. He was also 0-6 from the field, including two wide-open missed threes and a few easy missed layups.

Texas fans will be extremely happy to know that Myck nailed both his free throw attempts, his only two points of the game. I expect him to shoot at least 75% from the line next year. ESPN had him with five assists and six rebounds on their last stat run-through, which is generally what you're going to get from Myck—a stat-stuffing game and not too much scoring.

What I liked most about Myck was his mentality. He knew he belonged with the rest of the top players in the country and showed no fear in running the offense for his team and trying to break down (more like embarrass) the opposing guards that were covering him. Great confidence, solid poise, and didn't get upset when he messed up.

Anthony Davis, PF, Kentucky: Not sure if anybody remembers, but this kid created a real buzz right after he committed to Kentucky when it was rumored UK gave his father and him $200K for his signature. Well, from what I saw in that game, whatever they paid him clearly was not enough. Due to growing seven inches in the last year, Davis has good perimeter skills to complement his 6'10" height. He's finally starting to fill out and once he does, he'll be absolutely unstoppable. Good handle, decent shot, great athleticism, very good tenacity, stellar shotblocking ability, and a good feel for the game make his potential hard to envision. He was so much better than everybody else in the game and he's improving at an enormous rate. Comparisons to KG sound pretty much spot-on. He will almost assuredly be the number one pick in next year's NBA draft. Davis had 14 points.

Austin Rivers, SG, Duke: I've seen Rivers play nearly 10 times now, so I knew what to expect from Doc's most talented son. Deep range and a nasty pull-up jumper go well with his crafty dribbling ability, huge basketball IQ, and good finishing skills at the rim. He's only a good, not phenomenal, athlete though, so at only 6'3" he'll need to develop his point guard skills to excel at the next level. Will he be Chauncey Billups or O.J. Mayo? Austin had 14 points.

Khem Birch, PF, Pittsburgh: Surprisingly, Myck wasn't even the best Canadian in the game. That honor goes to Birch, who is generally tabbed as the tall, lanky, athletic guy who can block shots like bullet-proof vests but has a raw athletic game. Kid was all over the place in this game though, not only blocking shots, but also crashing the boards with alacrity (nine offensive rebounds). 10 points and 10 rebounds is a solid game for a young man that many scouts will be drooling over in next year's draft.

Bradley Beal, SG, Florida: I'm glad Beal had a really strong game because he was ice-cold when I saw his St. Louis Eagles AAU team take on Rivers' Winter Park team last year. Beal is often described as a Ray Allen-type player because he has a beautiful shot, but doesn't do much fancy stuff off the bounce. He's also capable of athletic finishes at the rim and rebounded well in this game. Beal had 17 points. Florida will have a crowded backcourt next year with Beal and Rutgers transfer Mike Rosario joining returning mighty mites Erving Walker and Kenny Boynton.

P.J. Hairston, SG, UNC: Hairston had 15 points and drained three DEEP threes, including one that looked like it was four or five feet behind the NBA arc. He's also a plus athlete and I like him more than Beal due to his better height (6'6" vs. 6'3/4"). Hairston should jump right into heavy minutes with the Heels, who desperately need his consistent shooting range.
    [/spoiler]

http://www.burntorangenation.com/201...bongo-thoughts

Anthony Davis sounds beastly, if he can be anything like KD I hope the Raps can pick him. (The first overall pick next season probably isn't likely though )

edit: How does this forum not have a spoiler tag?

Page 55 of 132 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast

Thread Information