• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe not but he's still not a SF
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• smushmush wrote: View Post
      Yeah, I think we are seeing the starting SF for the Toronto Raptors this year in Derrick Williams . Legit 6'8 and 241 lbs, can put the ball on the floor, can score the 3, high FG% shots, shoots the 3 well, rebounds the ball, high basketball IQ and defensive fundamentals (Hope, he continues to fall under the radar to Harrison Barnes and Perry Jones ) - imo, you don't find this kind of SF anymore as Derrick Williams is built (the last comparison in terms of weight and height is LBJ and Melo). Imagine a Melo that can rebound and actually shoots high percentage shots or an LBJ that can actually shoot the 3, I'm all in for this Derrick Williams guy . For more information, here is his draftexpress.com (He is #6 now on draftexpress, lower than where the Raptors pick ) profile -

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...Williams-5811/

What do you guys think?
      I am tired of complaining our draft picks have to bulk up to really get good (DD last summer and Ed Davis this summer) .
      He might be a fine choice. And an option depending on where we pick and what happens to Irving. But he is not certainly entering the Draft. As of right now I would not place too much stock in what he says.

At halftime he has 25 points. lol
      8/11 from the floor / 5/6 from 3

A beast.
      “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

• Williams lists as SF/PF. And at 6' 8" who can shoot the 3, he can play the 3 position.
        “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

• Man give me Irving over anyone in the draft any day, dude is just sick. He's 3 games in from horrible injury and breaking ankles, scoring at near will and keeping everyone involved. He's everything the raptors need.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• nbadraft.net already has Derrick Williams going first, and them beating Duke won't do anything but make sure he goes first or 2nd. But who know.... Will Duke's loss drop Kyrie to us??

Comment

• bloodyhandedgod wrote: View Post
              Williams lists as SF/PF. And at 6' 8" who can shoot the 3, he can play the 3 position.
              Saying he can shoot the 3 is an understatement. He's shooting 58% (36/62) from 3 this season.

Comment

• Will Matt Howard of Butler (like Gordon Hayward) declare for the NBA draft?

Will Matt Howard of Butler declare for the 2011 NBA Draft? He is averaging 16.7 ppg and 7.7 rebounds on the season, stretches the floor shooting 3s and most importantly, rebounds the ball - basically another Troy Murphy . Are NBA teams looking this guy off at their own peril while the San Antonio Spurs get this guy again and tout him as another "steal"? Why can't the Toronto Raptors make this kind of steal ? In conclusion, Butler has a good program under smart coach Brad Stevens, they play basketball the right way despite being an "all white" team to scouts. I hope the Toronto Raptors get him with a second rounder (a young Matt Bonner imo) which makes Bargs redundant and we can trade him.

Comment

• I was thinking along the same lines. He's also a leader type, not a bad ball handler and plays well in the clutch.

Comment

• Irving perfect fit for the Raptors

The raptors are the perfect situation right now for Kyrie Irving, and any PG that wants to be great, name a team that has a center like Bargnani offensively can do anything, and Derozan on the wing, with Ed davis, amir, etc. if we dont get Kryrie in the draft, trade the pick lol

Comment

• We should trade down and draft Bismack Biyombo. This guy's already got a very polished inside game and he's a pretty good defensive prescence. At 6"9 he'll probably end up as an undersized C but I see him as a Horford type who can make up for the difference in bulk. Best of all, he's only 18.

Comment

• He'd be a great guy to pick up with a 2nd rounder but we don't have one.
                        Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Fri Mar 25, 2011, 06:32 AM.

Comment

• Trade the pick and move down and get Fredette/Walker/Knight and someone else. Unless we could get Derrick Williams (I doubt that).

Speaking of Knight does anyone else seem to be starting to really like his game? He is clutch, he's very explosive, he can change direction well and stop on a dime. He's also tall at 6ft 3. He is sorta reminding me of Holiday but with more athletic ability; both were raw pgs coming out of college.

Credit for idea of comparing him to Holiday goes to NBADraft.net http://www.nbadraft.net/ncaa-tourney-stock-watch | Great comparison.
                          Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Fri Mar 25, 2011, 07:47 AM.

Comment

• Do we need another undersized C/PF though?

Comment

• smushmush wrote: View Post
                              Will Matt Howard of Butler declare for the 2011 NBA Draft? He is averaging 16.7 ppg and 7.7 rebounds on the season, stretches the floor shooting 3s and most importantly, rebounds the ball - basically another Troy Murphy . Are NBA teams looking this guy off at their own peril while the San Antonio Spurs get this guy again and tout him as another "steal"? Why can't the Toronto Raptors make this kind of steal ? In conclusion, Butler has a good program under smart coach Brad Stevens, they play basketball the right way despite being an "all white" team to scouts. I hope the Toronto Raptors get him with a second rounder (a young Matt Bonner imo) which makes Bargs redundant and we can trade him.
                              Bargnani 7'0", Bonner 6'10", Howard 6'8".

The reason TOR doesn't get steals (although I think Davis was) is because they do not get to pick in the 25-30 range of the draft year in and year out. They also don't have a veteran team for players to take small roles and grow/develop.

Apples and oranges.

Comment

• Easy on the Fredette pick. He is the next Adam Morrison. Great college player. Invisible in the NBA.
                                Deadallus

Comment

Working...
                                X