2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smushmush wrote: View Post
    Yeah, I think we are seeing the starting SF for the Toronto Raptors this year in Derrick Williams . Legit 6'8 and 241 lbs, can put the ball on the floor, can score the 3, high FG% shots, shoots the 3 well, rebounds the ball, high basketball IQ and defensive fundamentals (Hope, he continues to fall under the radar to Harrison Barnes and Perry Jones ) - imo, you don't find this kind of SF anymore as Derrick Williams is built (the last comparison in terms of weight and height is LBJ and Melo). Imagine a Melo that can rebound and actually shoots high percentage shots or an LBJ that can actually shoot the 3, I'm all in for this Derrick Williams guy . For more information, here is his draftexpress.com (He is #6 now on draftexpress, lower than where the Raptors pick ) profile -

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...Williams-5811/

What do you guys think?
    I am tired of complaining our draft picks have to bulk up to really get good (DD last summer and Ed Davis this summer) .
    Where the Raps have so many holes and needs in the roster, there are a number of players at the top of the draft who could help. Derrick Williams is definitely one of them. Game vs. Duke was absolutely sick.

The question of course is will he declare - like so many others. May 8th is the date to circle on your calander as this is the date players must be in or out for the draft to retain NCAA eligibility (this is an NCAA rule).

Comment

• No Jimmer.

Thanks.
      “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

• moe_shuttlesworth wrote: View Post
        The raptors are the perfect situation right now for Kyrie Irving, and any PG that wants to be great, name a team that has a center like Bargnani offensively can do anything, and Derozan on the wing, with Ed davis, amir, etc. if we dont get Kryrie in the draft, trade the pick lol
        Irving will be the perfect situation for a lot of teams in the top 7 - TOR, CLE, SAC, UTA, DET.

If Irving is who the Raps want, hopefully WSH and MIN pick 1 and 2 followed by TOR at 3.

Comment

• If we go with a point guard in the first round, either by keeping our pick or trading up or down I will be stoked if we get Irving and happy if we get Knight. I love Jimmer, but the guy is not the right player for this team at this point. Kemba Walker has been clutch, but I am not sure of how he would fit with the group we have as well.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Williams does shoot a crazy percentage from 3 point land this year, my only concern is how slow and with how little hop he shoots that shot. Does he get it off and does he have the range to make the transition to NBA 3 point shooter? AS a 4 he may catch guys who don't come out and guard him, as a 3 good luck.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Hollinger said he reminds him of a "tougher Danny Granger" (via twitter) needless to say I'm intrigued
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                Hollinger said he reminds him of a "tougher Danny Granger" (via twitter) needless to say I'm intrigued
                I like Derrick Williams, and how he has consistently improved his game (to come out of nowhere to be considered in the top picks for that matter). I question his defense and his mobility at the 3 in the NBA. I PROBABLY wouldn't pick him, but I also certainly wouldn't throw my shoe at the TV if the Raps do take him.

Comment

• Well, if he's open for the 3, he's open for the 3. I would think that his height and high release would negate any ill consequent of his slow overall shot.

Man though did ever just destroy Duke yesterday. Played with extreme poise, like there's no reason he couldn't replicate this game on any given day. Clearly a cut above the rest of the players.

And I caught the overtime of the BYU game yesterday. First time I'd seen Fredette play. That guy is a gigantic hole on defense. Terrible.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                    Kemba Walker has been clutch, but I am not sure of how he would fit with the group we have as well.
                    how would he not fit in as well as Irving.......Kemba goes off for 36 last night, hit a game winner to complete a 5 game win streak to get his team well positioned in the tourney while breakin some ankles, and has just as much potential as Irving....I hope they draft Kemba man, dude is straight fire
                    Your ex came by; you can call me Jonas Valanciunas, cause I'm the king of rebounds!

Comment

• His defense is actually pretty decent. He has extremely long arms which helps him finish around the basket and block shots. Like you said though, it's his mobility that's a question for me. I don't remember him once taking a defender to the rack (or even use a pull up jumper) on a defender on the wing. All his points come around the basket and on wide open 3's cause he's playing the PF position and the other teams' PF is generally sagging off him. I'm not saying he's overrated or anything, I think he's going to be a solid pro, I just don't see him as a 3.

I hope he declares so one of the teams in front of us take him leaving us with sweet sweet Irving
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                        I don't remember him once taking a defender to the rack...
                        Actually yesterday he drove a few times and finished excellently. Once off a pump-fake from 3 (benefit of being a good distance shooter), where he got his man off his feet then exploded to the hoop for a thunderous jam. Another was straight up dribble penetration, with a through-the-legs hesitation, and a couple crossovers. Ended with a lay-up and 1.

Comment

• Irving, Kemba, and Jimmer are my top 3 choices. If we don't shake Calderons contract, then it would be better to go with Jimmer and put him at the 2. He's absolutely sick, a better version of Redick. We could definately use a lights out shooter. People who say his game won't translate to the NBA have zero reason to back that up. Above all else, I think BC should aggressively pursue Ricky Rubio.

Comment

• huskies2raps wrote: View Post
                            how would he not fit in as well as Irving.......Kemba goes off for 36 last night, hit a game winner to complete a 5 game win streak to get his team well positioned in the tourney while breakin some ankles, and has just as much potential as Irving....I hope they draft Kemba man, dude is straight fire
                            Right now offense is not really our problem, except late n game, Kemba would come in handy there. The reason I think he does not as well as Irving and Knight is size and the way they play the game. While Kemba is a good passer and great ball handler, he is very ball dominant, not a good thing for this team, I don't see him being as effective when he is not the man, I do see Irving and Knight being able to be better facilitators.....just my two cents,
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Nick wrote: View Post
                              Irving, Kemba, and Jimmer are my top 3 choices. If we don't shake Calderons contract, then it would be better to go with Jimmer and put him at the 2. He's absolutely sick, a better version of Redick. We could definately use a lights out shooter. People who say his game won't translate to the NBA have zero reason to back that up. Above all else, I think BC should aggressively pursue Ricky Rubio.
                              Jimmer at the 2? You have no clue.
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                                He'd be a great guy to pick up with a 2nd rounder but we don't have one.
                                Damn not having the high 2nd pick this yr. It was given up 4 yrs. ago for Delfino. Guess we were supposed to be up & running by now!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X