No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah...I wouldn't be upset at all if the Raps ended up with Walker. The guy is so automatic in the clutch he stinks like transmission fluid.

Comment

• jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
      Yeah...I wouldn't be upset at all if the Raps ended up with Walker. The guy is so automatic in the clutch he stinks like transmission fluid.
      Lol!!!

Comment

• Guys, Derrick Williams is staying in college.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          Guys, Derrick Williams is staying in college.
          You are correct in him saying that. What I wonder is if the lure of a top 3 pick pulls him out. It is pretty hard for his stock to get any higher. It wouldn't be the first time a player changed his mind. Granted this is a unique year with a lock out looming.

May 8th can't come soon enough.

Comment

• irving/Kemba/barnes/sullinger/dwill in that order would be my wishlist. KI's injury is a little scary. Having an extra bit of bone in your foot and having to get special shoes (which are a steel cage for his toe area to keep it from bending too much) is not good news.

Kemba is more team oriented than AI and although AI never won this team could use a guy that tough. Bayless ain't gettin 'er done, that's for sure.
            LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

• For those who want to do some listening on some of the top prospects in the draft...........

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...-with-SI-3650/

Comment

Guys, Derrick Williams is staying in college.
                I understand that and have read the statements. Only commenting on his skillset.

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                You are correct in him saying that. What I wonder is if the lure of a top 3 pick pulls him out. It is pretty hard for his stock to get any higher. It wouldn't be the first time a player changed his mind. Granted this is a unique year with a lock out looming.

May 8th can't come soon enough.
                No kidding

Comment

• Wouldn't be displeased if we didn't get Irving but ended up with Knight/Kemba/Burks. I mean yeah id be pissed if we missed out on getting Irving cause BC (or whoever, I guess) didn't try to move up (if we have to) to get him, but each of those dudes has a lot of potential. May want to hold off on trading Calderon ASAP tho.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Say the Raps do draft a PG. What's better: having a veteran natural point guard to act as teacher and act as a steadying hand, or to have a second prospect PG on the roster so as to give them both someone to compete against (a need to constantly stay sharp and improve) for minutes?

Who is likely to return better pieces (players/picks): Calderon or Bayless?

Comment

• Agreed, but hasn't the raptors needing Irving been a conclusion since like, game 20?

Comment

• If the Raptors aren't getting an all-star point-guard they should pass this year and draft one in 2012. I'd only draft the 'Jimmer' and 'Kemba' if Barbosa isn't coming back and/or will miss the majority of next season due to injury. They'd essentially play his role as instant offence with poor defence.
                        -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                        -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Burks is shooting 50% from the field this year and gets to the line eight times a game, making 82% of those attempts.
                          He's like an undersized Derozan. Good athelete who gets all his points driving to the basket, while his jump shot is a work in progress. For a top 5 pick, no thank you.

Comment

• He has a much better handle than DeRozan.

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                              Updating my list thanks March Madness

1.Irving
                              2.Barnes
                              3. Dwilliams (I was afraid he'd not declare and that's what it looks like
                              -----------
                              (Top 3 have distinguished themselves from the rest)
                              4.Kenneth Faried (right now I think he's outplaying Henson as the best wing defender)
                              5. Sullinger (best talent available but I will probably change this by the end of the week.
                              Updated top 5

1.Irving
                              2.Valanciunas (best available)
                              3. Kanter (ditto)
                              4. Jones (ditto)
                              5. Faried

Comment

• Out of the point guards, I'd be really happy if Raps had a second pick and got B-Knight.

None of the PG's in this draft are the kind of guys you can just give the ball to and make your #1 option. But I think B-Knight is the best complimentary piece, especially for where you might get him (anywhere from like 7-14ish)

He's big, not just in height, but in actual wingspan and bulk, quick, and is the best defender of the bunch. That already puts him ahead of the rest, because like I said none of them are going to dominate offensively but everyone has to play defense.

And he can knock down shots....which is important if he's going to be a starter but not a centerpiece option. Plus he's known to be a workaholic, so I expect him to become a better PG as he proceeds.

Add everything together, I see B-Knight as a potential Chauncy Billups.

Fredette is of course a better shooter, but you're not going to let him facilitate the offense in the NBA. If B-Knight is like a 35-40% spot up 3pt shooter, then the rest of his game makes him a way better PG to have.

And Kemba Walker, I know he's tearing it up, but he's not going to dominate the NBA like that. I dont expect him to have much more impact than like an Aaron Brooks (which of course is still a successful NBA career)

Comment

Working...
                                X