2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    CLEVELAND IS BEATING MIAMI JEZUS!!!!!!!! there on a 14 - 0 run damn!
    What really possessed you to make this comment in this thread?

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
      lol, I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

• Perry Jones

Chad, your mock draft has the Raptors taking Perry Jones right now (shameless plug). I like him, but he also terrifies me. Do you think he projects as a 3 or a 4? And isn't it most likely he ends up Anthony Randolph v. 2.0?
        Chad Ford
        (2:37 PM)

He intrigues and terrifies everyone. He's a better prospect than Randolph. Doesn't have some of the same personality issues, is a better shooter, more skilled. But he's going to have to find a position in the pros (he thinks he's a guard, his college coach thought he was a center), and his motor worries me. He's a really nice kid. But does he have the mental makeup to dominate? But on straight up talent + upside, he's an A list prospect.
        Source: "Chat With Chad Ford", ESPN.com

Comment

• The player I am most concerned about the Raps drafting is Kemba Walker. He seems to be exactly like Johnny Flynn, who I believe is in the D-league right now. Instead of drafting Kemba, how about seeing if you can pick up Flynn on the cheap and see if he can develop. Plus, Flynn is basically a local boy, having grown up just across the peace bridge.
          Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

lol sorry i was in the moment.

Comment

I just threw it on a random thread sorry guys.

Comment

• Barnes Probably Staying In College

Shirley Barnes told The Daily Tar Heel that her son has goals that he wants to fulfill.

The North Carolina freshman forward said after losing 76-69 to Kentucky on Sunday in the Elite Eight that he felt just like he did three years ago, when a last-second shot gave Iowa’s Marshalltown the 51-50 win against Barnes-led Ames in the state playoffs when he was a sophomore.

“That hurt for three months,” his mom, Shirley Barnes, said on Tuesday. “And that was the last time he lost. He has goals and I think he wants to fulfill those goals.”

When asked if he had played his final game in a North Carolina uniform, Barnes gave no indication which way he was leaning, only that he was living in the moment that visibly consumed him.

“I’m not thinking about the NBA,” he said.

Shirley Barnes said when the time is right, her son will make his decision.

“Harrison needs to heal from this loss,” she said. “We haven’t really talked about it, honestly. It’s not pressing to us. It’s what it is.”
                Source: RealGM.com

Comment

• Irving Undecided On Draft

Duke guard Kyrie Irving is projected as the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft if he decides to leave school early.

This weekend, the 19-year-old Irving will travel home to New Jersey to discuss his options with his family.

But no one should expect a quick answer.

"Right now, we're going to do our due diligence and privately discuss it as a family," Drederick Irving, Kyrie's father, said Wednesday. "It could be a month or it could be a week. It's not going to be quickly."

Irving said after the Arizona game that the decision remained uncertain. On Wednesday, his father echoed those comments, calling this the biggest decision of Kyrie's life.

"Right now," Drederick Irving said, "Kyrie's focus is on being a student and doing well in the classroom."
                  Source: RealGM.com

Comment

• I'm extremely low on Knight, he's not explosive, makes poor decisions, is a poor shooter, and a sub-par defender. He can improve on all these things, but I don't want him shooting another 1-17 game, in a raptor's uniform.

Kemba is the real deal, after watching him against Arizona, like shelvin Mack they're both extremely clutch shooters. He's like Ty Lawson, except less explosive and a much better shooter.
                    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• Also, Faried I was big on him for a little while, but not anymore. he's a combination between James Johnson and Reggie Evans, thanks, but no thanks. He'd be a good fit on Chicago, but not Toronto.
                      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

cleveland winning also means we got a better chance in the draft which relates to this thread technically.

Comment

• I like to look for players who I think fit into the core group of this team which is derozan and davis. Even tho I think faried would be a great fit along side davis (rasheed + wallace comparison) there is another prospect I want to put out there....

juan johnson the comparison would be Lamarcus Aldrige but he is shorter.

Comment

• food for thought Kentucky is in the final 4 and they didn't have kanter all season, terrence jones has been the main guy during the season and brandon knight in the tournament. Does anyone think these guys should get more credit for what they have done to this point?

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                              I'm extremely low on Knight, he's not explosive, makes poor decisions, is a poor shooter, and a sub-par defender. He can improve on all these things, but I don't want him shooting another 1-17 game, in a raptor's uniform.

Kemba is the real deal, after watching him against Arizona, like shelvin Mack they're both extremely clutch shooters. He's like Ty Lawson, except less explosive and a much better shooter.
                              12-25 @ SDSU
                              8-20 vs Cincy
                              8-22 @ Pitt
                              8-23 @ W Virginia
                              10-27 @ Marquette
                              7-23 @ Louisville
                              4-16 @ St Johns
                              3-16 vs Syracuse
                              7-23 vs Louisville
                              5-16 @ Marquette
                              6-17 vs Tennessee
                              6-18 vs Villanova
                              8-27 @ Texas
                              8-23 @ N Dame
                              10-27 @ Pitt

If you don't call Knight "clutch" then that word has no meaning. How the hell is Knight not explosive? Kemba makes just as bad if not worse decisions then Walker, just because he gets assists doesn't mean he's a better decision maker. Knight is extremely smart, he shouldn't have problems making decisions in the NBA. Knight is better defender then Walker. IDK where you're getting your info from.
                              Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Fri Apr 1, 2011, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                                12-25 @ SDSU
                                8-20 vs Cincy
                                8-22 @ Pitt
                                8-23 @ W Virginia
                                10-27 @ Marquette
                                7-23 @ Louisville
                                4-16 @ St Johns
                                3-16 vs Syracuse
                                7-23 vs Louisville
                                5-16 @ Marquette
                                6-17 vs Tennessee
                                6-18 vs Villanova
                                8-27 @ Texas
                                8-23 @ N Dame
                                10-27 @ Pitt

If you don't call Knight "clutch" then that word has no meaning. How the hell Knight not explosive? Kemba makes just as bad if not worse decisions then Walker, just because he gets assists doesn't mean he's a better decision maker. Knight is extremely smart, he shouldn't have problems making decisions in the NBA. Knight is better defender then Walker, IDK where you're getting your info from.

Thats what I was thinking when I read that comment
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X