Page 80 of 132 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 130 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 2640

Thread: 2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently Selby is having monster workouts, drawing comparisons to Monta Ellis.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Apparently Selby is having monster workouts, drawing comparisons to Monta Ellis.
    I would not be surprised. He was hurt this year, suspended for first 9 games, and was the number 1 ranked player coming out of high school. I said this in this thread before that someone will probably get very good value for him if drafted in the 20's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    2 Bargnani's in the paint = true C.
    2 Bargnani's in the paint = 1/4 of a C

Raptors Republic Starter raptorsking's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what it's going to be like in the Raptors war room?

BC: Donatas Motiejunas has the most upside with an unique skill set at 7 feet tall. The landscape of the game is changing.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I really think BC should look into trading Bargnani for Donatas or Jonas or Kanter if we can somehow draft Derrick Williams or Kyrie Irving

Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Im surprised we havnt been talking about Brandon knight more. the 2 players i tihnk are " bc" type players in this years draft are
    Derrick williams and Brandon knight. both are great athletes, leaders and can play multiple possitions. i tihnk knight could be a really solid player for us, possibly from the bench for a year or so to get adjudsted. it would give us a good combo of bayless , knight and calderon ( possibly trade jose) but since knight can play sg and pg we can groom him off the bench the same way toronto has done with bayless this year.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like Knight. A lot. I've mentioned it a few times that he's my #2 guard I'd take (and the more i think about it, if we don't get Irving, a guy I'd hope they take a serious look at) and I'd be totally happy with taking him third. His size, age, defense and killer instinct are all awesome.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    I really like Knight. A lot. I've mentioned it a few times that he's my #2 guard I'd take (and the more i think about it, if we don't get Irving, a guy I'd hope they take a serious look at) and I'd be totally happy with taking him third. His size, age, defense and killer instinct are all awesome.
    ya totally agreee im suprised he wasnt talked about more.
    from nbadraft.net :
    Strengths: Big point guard with excellent size and speed and scoring ability Extremely fast player who excels pushing the ball up the court . Has a tremendous first step to get by opponents off the dribble Strong one on one player Excellent at driving to the basket, good body control, and a quality finisher on the move Very creative passer Quick decision maker A fierce competitor, really steps his level of play up in big situations High motor guy. Plays with a high level of intensity and passion Strong work ethic, constantly looking to improve both his body and game His body has seen an impressive transformation from his sophomore to senior year of high school Has an excellent jumpshot with range out to 3 point Good shooter off the dribble An excellent defender who uses his length and quickness to stay in front of his man Drew 2 changes per game as a senior in high school Very smart, engaging young man with a bright future
    http://www.nbadraft.net/players/brandon-knight

sounds like what we need and wouldnt be a bad pick at #3 IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    ya totally agreee im suprised he wasnt talked about more.
    from nbadraft.net :
    Strengths: Big point guard with excellent size and speed and scoring ability … Extremely fast player who excels pushing the ball up the court …. Has a tremendous first step to get by opponents off the dribble … Strong one on one player … Excellent at driving to the basket, good body control, and a quality finisher on the move … Very creative passer … Quick decision maker … A fierce competitor, really steps his level of play up in big situations … High motor guy. Plays with a high level of intensity and passion … Strong work ethic, constantly looking to improve both his body and game … His body has seen an impressive transformation from his sophomore to senior year of high school … Has an excellent jumpshot with range out to 3 point … Good shooter off the dribble … An excellent defender who uses his length and quickness to stay in front of his man … Drew 2 changes per game as a senior in high school … Very smart, engaging young man with a bright future …
    http://www.nbadraft.net/players/brandon-knight

sounds like what we need and wouldnt be a bad pick at #3 IMO.
    Knight's year was very much like Barnes' - started slow, finished strong. At the start of the year, any reference to Kentucky was immediately followed by discussion of Jones. Of course, Jones slowed down - why is open to much speculation. By the tournament though, Knight had raised his game significantly and the Kentucky talk revolved around him. I think the questions surrounding Knight are 1) his ability to run a team, 2) his turnovers, and 3) the age old question: is he a PG or a SG trapped in a PG body?

The player he mosts reminds me of would be Russell Westbrook. Many of the same questions surrounded him when he came out in 2008. However, a big difference between the two is Westbrook was a SO who played only 9 mins per game as a FR whereas Knight is a freshman who led his team to the NCAA Finals.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Top SF's: HoopsWorld

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=19545

The small forwards have really taken a hit with Barnes and Perry Jones pulling out.

1. Veesley
    2. Leonard
    3. Hamilton
    4. Singleton
    5. Singler

Keep in mind Honeycutt was listed as a SG and it looks like Derrick Williams and Terrence Jones will be PF's.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

what do you guys think of reggie jackson http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bafki...feature=fvwrel

and hope and pray we don't draft a white guy unless he looks like this :P, cause thats what game looks like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0jvZkRA7X0 alex murphy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post

The player he mosts reminds me of would be Russell Westbrook. Many of the same questions surrounded him when he came out in 2008. However, a big difference between the two is Westbrook was a SO who played only 9 mins per game as a FR whereas Knight is a freshman who led his team to the NCAA Finals.
    He's not an athlete like Westbrook though. Russell improved his stock dramatically in 08 by having tremendous workouts.

Raptors Republic Rookie northgrantballer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Why are we not concidering Jan Vesely? (but Irving if we can get him of course)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote northgrantballer wrote: View Post
    Why are we not concidering Jan Vesely? (but Irving if we can get him of course)
    cause vesley is not a top 3 pick

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Why not he has just as much if not more potential then anyone else that will be available and fits a need.

Post Thanks / Like

Let's see what happens after the workouts. I like Vesely. His ceiling is a lot higher than other SF's in the draft.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Unofficial Early Entrant list: NBADraft.net

http://www.nbadraft.net/2011-nba-draft-early-entrants

The date says updated on April 20th but there are guys who declared just on Friday (the 22nd) who declared, namely the trio of Longhorns.

Deadline for underclassmen to withdraw from draft and retain NCAA eligibility is May 8th.

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really starting to like the idea of picking up a later pick or trading down for one of these center prospects. Val would be a steal if he goes where some draft sites are predicting (teens), Biyombo is a very impressive player who has massive defensive potential, and I kind of like Lucas Nogueira who is another center with a lot of potential if he can put on some weight. One of those three should be available in the late lottery and all three are excellent prospects. This draft is weak in terms of NBA ready talent and impact players but there are some nice bigs and point guards in the lottery that could make some noise somewhere down the line.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic Rookie Mr.Grinch's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Derrick Williams still in the draft?
    http://websitedweeb.userboard.net-Introduce your website. No signup required!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Grinch wrote: View Post
    Is Derrick Williams still in the draft?
    Sure is!

Is that E.T. in your picture??

hahaha
    In Masai we Trust.

Page 80 of 132 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 130 ... LastLast

Thread Information