2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defensive Player of the Year
    HOUSTON—The National Association of Basketball Coaches have named Morehead State senior Kenneth Faried Under Armour Defensive Player of the Year.

Faried was presented with the award at the annual AT&T NABC Guardians of the Game Awards Show held at the Cullen Theater in Wortham Center. Tim Brando, CBS television and Sporting News Radio broadcaster, was the host of the show.

“We always talk about what a great rebounder Kenneth is, what a great overall player he is, even how good of a person he is, but what gets lost in that is his defensive prowess. The Ohio Valley Conference has known for three years what a good defender he is, that’s why he’s the only player to ever be named OVC Defensive Player of the Year,” MSU coach Donnie Tyndall said. “He forces opponents to change their offensive post play . I’m very proud of Kenneth and what he’s accomplished as a player and a person, but to win an award of this caliber is very humbling for him and our program.”
    http://www.msueagles.com/news/2011/4...px?path=mbball

College All-Star MVP
    -Morehead State senior Kenneth Faried dominated the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) Reese’s College All-Star game, earning West Team MVP honors with a 17-point, 18-rebound performance.
    http://www.msueagles.com/news/2011/4...px?path=mbball
    Last edited by grindhouse; Wed Apr 6, 2011, 06:20 AM.

Comment

• Faried is not going to go in the top 15, I struggle with this love for a guy who's ceiling is role player at best. He has a great motor and super hustle, but that can only get you so far.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
        Faried is not going to go in the top 15, I struggle with this love for a guy who's ceiling is role player at best. He has a great motor and super hustle, but that can only get you so far.
        I agree in saying that a great motor and super hustle will only get you so far...
        But Faried is an ELITE level rebounder and VERY solid Man defender. Bad Draft or not.
        That being said, the more people that drop out of this draft, the better chance he has of climbing. Where he falls, I honestly have no clue.

ADD Nice Article here on Faried. http://www.nba.com/2011/news/feature...ure/index.html
        Last edited by Joey; Wed Apr 6, 2011, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Faried is not going to go in the top 15, I struggle with this love for a guy who's ceiling is role player at best. He has a great motor and super hustle, but that can only get you so far.
          tbh,was just putting out information, he is the only person in the draft who plays defense, regardless of where he goes in the draft I think he is someone I at the very least am keeping a eye on....

FYI this draft is terrible 1 - 32 are the same all "role players" I can put money on it not one of these guys becomes a star.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
            tbh,was just putting out information, he is the only person in the draft who plays defense, regardless of where he goes in the draft I think he is someone I at the very least am keeping a eye on....

FYI this draft is terrible 1 - 32 are the same all "role players" I can put money on it not one of these guys becomes a star.
            I for sure would take the bet that someone in the top 32 becomes a star, the definition of star is up for debate, but I am sure at least one of those players will get allstar game consideration.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I for sure would take the bet that someone in the top 32 becomes a star, the definition of star is up for debate, but I am sure at least one of those players will get allstar game consideration.
              Who's your pick of the draft? We could do a avatar bet or something like apollo and mango I wouldn't mind seeing you rock a faried avatar

Comment

Who's your pick of the draft? We could do a avatar bet or something like apollo and mango I wouldn't mind seeing you rock a faried avatar
                Do you want to know who I think the Raptors pick, or who will turn into a top level player? All I said was that someone out of the top 32 players will eventually become a star player, not a superstar, but a very good player in the league.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• It's impossible to know who we will pick who even knows if BC is still here. I want to know who your stud of the draft is. I been wrong before for my picks so it's nothing to me but if I am going to be criticized I at least want to know your choice and we can have some fun with it.
                  Last edited by grindhouse; Wed Apr 6, 2011, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• Colangelo's contract doesn't run out until after the draft. Just thought I'd point that out in case anyone thought it ran out at the end of the 82nd game.

Comment

It's impossible to know who we will pick who even knows if BC is still here. I want to know who your stud of the draft is. I been wrong before for my picks so it's nothing to me but if I am going to be criticized I at least want to know your choice and we can have dome fun with it.
                      I don't have a clear guy who I think is going to be "The Man", but there are a few who I think will have very good NBA careers.
                      Irving can run a team and make shots, think Chauncey Billups. Barnes (if he comes out) started slow but came on strong down the stretch, I see a little mix of a Luol Deng/Richard Jefferson. Brandon Knight may take a little longer than the first two, but I liken him to a taller Jameer Nelson, very solid nothing flashy. I know none of the guys guys I compared them to are superstars, but all of them have had very good careers to date and have had success in the win column. I am unsure of Derrick Williams, is he Corliss Williamson or Antawn Jamison? The Euros I am not familiar enough with to guess, if I had watched them in international play I would have an idea...maybe after the summer Olympic qualifiers.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

It's impossible to know who we will pick who even knows if BC is still here. I want to know who your stud of the draft is. I been wrong before for my picks so it's nothing to me but if I am going to be criticized I at least want to know your choice and we can have some fun with it.
                        Irving or Valanciunas.

Valanciunas will take time to develop but I think he will be very good in time. Irving will contribute from the beginning, in my opinion.

Comment

• Kemba Walker

Comment

It's impossible to know who we will pick who even knows if BC is still here. I want to know who your stud of the draft is. I been wrong before for my picks so it's nothing to me but if I am going to be criticized I at least want to know your choice and we can have some fun with it.
                            Kind of depends on where we pick. Irving sure, Valenciunas depending upon trades we may make, Kanter worries me (injury riddled career?), I would pick Barnes if he comes out. Beyond that, Kemba and Knight are a stretch (I would consider that way if we drop to 7th in the lottery draw), I am back and forth on DWilliams: he has good energy, drive and offense, but concerned about his defense at the SF position due to laterals. No to the Jones' as both could 'possibly' become very good, but likely not for their first teams or within 5yrs, and the attitude/behavioural issues we have glimpses of make me think of too many potentials gone by the wayside.

Comment

• Interesting Read from NBADraft.net on a few UConn Prospects.

Kemba Walker 6-0 171 PG UConn Jr.
                              All he does is win tournaments. First the Maui Invitational, then the Big East, and now the NCAA.

Despite shooting just 11-30 fg and 1-9 from 3 in the Final Four, Kemba was the catalyst, taking the Huskies on his back and willing them to victory. His stock continues to climb.

Against Kentucky, Kemba had 18 points and 7 assists and made a key steal on Brandon Knight late in the game which helped seal the victory. He didn't dominate Knight like in their early season match up, but he came away with the win and outscored Knight by a point.

Kemba's shot was off in the title game, hitting just 5-for-19, but he found other ways to contribute. He came up with key defensive plays and continued to lead his team, despite his frustrating shooting performance. This was an extremely ugly, grind it out game and Kemba kept scratching and clawing.

Walker finished with a 23.4 ppg average in the tournament connecting on 40% from the floor and 29% from 3. He was incredibly efficient from the line hitting 44-49 free throws (90%).

Had UConn fallen short of a title, it's hard to imagine Walker would have been a top 10 pick and lottery might have slipped from his grasp as well. But teams love winners and he stands an excellent chance of being a top 10 pick after guiding the Huskies to the title.

Detractors will point to his size: he appears shorter than 6 feet in shoes and its effect on his defensive ability. As well as his shoot first mentality. Can he effectively run a team on the next level?

He's done enough to make teams consider him as a potential starting NBA point guard and should get looks from teams as early as the 8th pick.
                              Jeremy Lamb 6-5 180 SG UConn Fr.
                              A star is born.

No player improved their draft stock over the course of the tournament more than Jeremy Lamb.

The ironic story about Jeremy's father Rolando knocking out Calhoun's Northeastern team with a game winning shot early on his coaching career, and then Jeremy ending up being so instrumental in Calhoun winning the title this year is beyond incredible.

Just as he'd done in the Sweet 16 and Elite 8, Lamb took over in the second half showing what a clutch performer he is.

After going scoreless in the first half, it was his early second half surge that helped push the Huskies out to a commanding lead over Butler. He finished with 12 points on 4-8 shooting.

He's got a little Kevin Durant to his game with his incredible length, pure shooting ability, calm demeanor and same ice water running through his veins.

The freshman averaged an incredible 16.2 ppg, 12-19 from 3 (63%), 58% from the floor and 81% from the line over the six games.

There has been some speculation that Lamb could decide to enter his name in this year's draft. And while he has moved himself into being a likely first rounder just based on his potential, he really would be selling himself short by making the jump now. He shows a great deal of potential and still has a lot of maturing to do both physically and skill wise.

He needs to add weight, improve his ball handling ability and become an all around player or he's a lot more likely to get lost in the shuffle and never reach the level he's supposed to.
                              http://www.nbadraft.net/final-four-stock-watch
                              Last edited by Joey; Wed Apr 6, 2011, 11:06 AM.

Comment

I don't have a clear guy who I think is going to be "The Man", but there are a few who I think will have very good NBA careers.
                                Irving can run a team and make shots, think Chauncey Billups. Barnes (if he comes out) started slow but came on strong down the stretch, I see a little mix of a Luol Deng/Richard Jefferson. Brandon Knight may take a little longer than the first two, but I liken him to a taller Jameer Nelson, very solid nothing flashy. I know none of the guys guys I compared them to are superstars, but all of them have had very good careers to date and have had success in the win column. I am unsure of Derrick Williams, is he Corliss Williamson or Antawn Jamison? The Euros I am not familiar enough with to guess, if I had watched them in international play I would have an idea...maybe after the summer Olympic qualifiers.
                                Ok cool choose one bro, you already know who I got and anyone who wants to join can choose their player for the draft. At the end the year whoever has the player that wins rookie of the year or has the player with the best season everyone else has to rock that players avatar for x amount of time.

You game to see who is scout of the year!

Comment

Working...
                                X