• I would say I am
    Barnes
    Irving
    Valenciunas
    Williams
    Kanter
    The last two are a ways back though.

Comment

• yea i don't see how Williams would fit he's not a sf and he's a bit undersized for a pf

Comment

• He is a bit of a tweener right now but as his shooting range extends he will be a legit 3/4

Comment

• Derrick Williams is being looked at as a No.1 pick. i want DW!
          Looks like a class act guy, has BLAKE like dunks

Comment

• Derrick Williams could potentially be an NBA SF, but may be a little slow to guard the quicker SF in the league. Derrick Williams is 6'8", 235lbs (according to DraftExpress.com)...that would make a huge Small Forward.

How about this comparison for a current NBA player: Paul Millsap.

I am certianly not saying talent wise, as I believe Williams is a more complete player then Millsap is. Here are Millsap's measurements though: 6'8" 250lbs (according to ESPN). He has spent his career playing as a PF, but the Utah Jazz are going to try to help him extend his shooting range this summer to be a more consistent three point threat. There hope is that they could move him to SF as soon as next summer.

There are many who have large doubts as to whether Millsap can make the transition due to the additional speed that the SF position requires. I have the same defensive concerns when it comes to Williams as an NBA SF. Williams though would not need to extend his range as he is already a great 3-pt threat.
            http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• this guy remind me of Lebron kinda.

Comment

• ^ lol

Comment

• Williams can make it at sf imo. he is a larger small forward but he is another freak athlete and will do very well on a raptors team. i think williams will be a solid nba player maybe never great but he will be very good. its up to him how good he gets but i like that he is humble and has good work ethic like derozan. those r the guys we want on our team. i dont mind haveing a bigger SF , i like have a line of wiliams, davis and aanother C. or wiliams, Davis and AMir

Comment

• http://basketball.realgm.com/blog/21...ams_Of_Arizona
                    Good read on Derrick Williams.
                    I think he will be the best player from this draft class.

Derrick Williams is talked about playing in a similar way to paul pierce.

Dwilliams - pierce
                    davis- garnett
                    derozan - ray allen ( without the 3 and more dunks) plays the same style though , uses screens well and slashs.
                    amir - big baby ( energy role as a big )
                    not at all the same i know but some food for thought
                    Last edited by pesterm1; Sun Apr 10, 2011, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                      Williams can make it at sf imo. he is a larger small forward but he is another freak athlete and will do very well on a raptors team. i think williams will be a solid nba player maybe never great but he will be very good. its up to him how good he gets but i like that he is humble and has good work ethic like derozan. those r the guys we want on our team. i dont mind haveing a bigger SF , i like have a line of wiliams, davis and aanother C. or wiliams, Davis and AMir
                      I am with you I like a big SF, but my concern is his lateral movement for defense. Ultimately, with his shot and range he would be a very good SF offensively, but will he be a gaping hole defensively? I wouldn't have a s*&tfit if we picked him, just thinking he could become a liability on one end of the floor. That said, he wouldn't get posted up!

Comment

http://basketball.realgm.com/blog/21...ams_Of_Arizona
                        Good read on Derrick Williams.
                        I think he will be the best player from this draft class.

Derrick Williams is talked about playing in a similar way to paul pierce.

Dwilliams - pierce
                        davis- garnett
                        derozan - ray allen ( without the 3 and more dunks) plays the same style though , uses screens well and slashs.
                        amir - big baby ( energy role as a big )
                        not at all the same i know but some food for thought
                        I have a hard time seeing Derozan as a Ray Allen type at all. I know you are trying to make the Raps all seem like the Celtics, but I would put Derozan's style more like an Eddie Jones, hoping ED can be more of an Okafor, and Amir as a Kurt Rambis (with slightly more hops).

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
                          I am with you I like a big SF, but my concern is his lateral movement for defense. Ultimately, with his shot and range he would be a very good SF offensively, but will he be a gaping hole defensively? I wouldn't have a s*&tfit if we picked him, just thinking he could become a liability on one end of the floor. That said, he wouldn't get posted up!
                          I posted an article above that talks about Williams lateral quicks.

" Defensively, Williams had to guard a lot of players that were bigger than him. He was generally playing defensive around the bucket, which makes his ability to guard small forwards remain in question. His lateral quickness defensively is not a huge issue, but could stand to improve.

Against post scorers, Williams does a good job in trying to maximize his length. He sometimes bodies up a little too much in the post, leaving him vulnerable for the offensive player to slip past him to the basket.

We of course saw some stellar individual defensive plays in the tournament, but Williams will have his struggles initially as most young players do. He does, however, have a physical profile that will allow him to guard multiple positions at a high level if he commits himself."

I dont think you could ask for much better then that.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/blog/21...#ixzz1J8Q05Zpu

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
                            I have a hard time seeing Derozan as a Ray Allen type at all. I know you are trying to make the Raps all seem like the Celtics, but I would put Derozan's style more like an Eddie Jones, hoping ED can be more of an Okafor, and Amir as a Kurt Rambis (with slightly more hops).
                            i was more just comparing how DD uses screens and has a nice jumper ( not from 3 point...yet).

Comment

i was more just comparing how DD uses screens and has a nice jumper ( not from 3 point...yet).
                              Fair point. At least Derozan was quoted this am about wanting to improve his 3pt shot. A little concerning that he thinks it will just come in time. He does have a strong off-season work ethic so should be coming along nicely.

Comment

• Irving before Barnes, Barnes before anyone else.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X