• Show
Clear All

• Bismack Biyombo nike hoops highlights/interview video

Source

Comment

• He's a solid player

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
        The thing about Sullinger is that he's from the Columbus area, so he's through and through a Buckeye, so it's understandable that he'd want to return to lead his school to a national championship, but they'll be in tough Carolina isn't losing too much and both them and Duke look to have outstanding diaper dandies coming in.
        don't forget about the team that eliminated them in the sweet 16. kentucky's got the best recruiting class again next year with espnu's top rated PF, SF, and PG in anthony davis, michael gilchrist, and marquis teague.

that poor sorta-canadian kid that excelled in the AA game probably won't even see the floor.

fucking calipari... how has he escaped major ncaa-imposed consequences? however he's recruiting has gotta be illegal

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          Ignore? I'm not ignoring anything.
          Ok, so you managed to quote DE a few times, but fail to mention they have him listed, officially (as measured from Pre-Draft camps), as 6'-9" with shoes and under 300lbs.

And as for 'alot of people prob up their height'. Really?
          So the NBA management, scouts and staff just ask the player how tall they are? And take their word on it?

Anyway, my whole point to this whole thing, is that I agree with Glen Davis, that Sullinger could in fact be hurting his chances by going back for a year. Look what happened to Ed Davis.

There are alot of IFs involved in that scenario where his stock does drop, but those IFs are not by any means impossibilities or completely insane to think as possible.
          You know that a lot of players embellish their height. You know this. At least I hope you do. But arguing that Davis was a potential lotto pick? I don't think he ever stood to be lotto selection. Not at his height and weight at LSU.

Could Sullinger be hurting his chances by going back to Ohio State for next season? Sure. But I don't think he's too worried about it. The nay-sayers will fuel him and I think he'll put up another great season. You gotta understand, he's from Columbus - he grew up dreaming of playing for Ohio State. So, this season left a bitter taste in his mouth. He's got a great support system where he is, and I think that alone won't let him fail. There were a lot more negatives surrounding Davis' game than Sullinger's, so if Sullinger does drop at all, it won't be much. As for Davis, if he opted out into the 2009 draft, he probably would have been drafted right around where he was drafted in 2010 - or at least not far from it. He probably would have went 11 to Jersey. Or 10 to Milwaukee. In most mocks leading up to the 2010 draft, Davis was scheduled to go anywhere from 7 to 10. His refusal to work out for certain teams and the concern for his wrist dropped him a few spots, but it's not like he dropped out of the lotto or into the second round, so that's not really a good comparison.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
            The other gorilla in the room for someone who rebuffs a top 3 type position in the draft is the potential for injury which creates doubt in selectors going forward. That can translate into a lot of money and possibly non guaranteed if he fell into the round 2 because of it. DaJuan Blair is an example but I am not sure about his history re the draft.
            Blair is a different animal as it is. The guy has no ACL's. That raised a lot of red flags for a lot of teams.

Comment

• There is no way Davis is 6'6, are you telling me he's the same height as Ray Allen?

Edit: oh hey a new page
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

You know that a lot of players embellish their height. You know this. At least I hope you do.
                So again, you're saying that the NBA team drafting them just asks the players, and takes the Players word on how tall they are? Thats ridiculous. There's no room for them to 'embellish' unless they have the Doctors and Officials doing the Measurements on the Pay Roll.

As for Davis, after UNC won the Championship he was slated as going as high as 4 or 5.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                  There is no way Davis is 6'6, are you telling me he's the same height as Ray Allen?
                  I don't get it either.

Comment

So again, you're saying that the NBA team drafting them just asks the players, and takes the Players word on how tall they are? Thats ridiculous. There's no room for them to 'embellish' unless they have the Doctors and Officials doing the Measurements on the Pay Roll.

As for Davis, after UNC won the Championship he was slated as going as high as 4 or 5.
                    Look at guys like Charles Barkley. He would tell you that he's 6'8", but he's closer to 6'5". That's one example. Shorter guys will always want to be taller. Look at Joey Graham. He's like 6'5", but he's listed at 6'7". There are examples like that all over the place. I gave you one example with Kemba Walker, but you chose to ignore that tidbit.

Yeah, after UNC won their championship, he was slated to go top-5.. for the 2010 draft, not the 2009 draft. I remember logging onto the nbadraft.net site and looking at the mock draft for the 2010 season and seeing E. Davis being in the top-5 - actually, he was mocked as the #3 pick for the 2010 draft.

Comment

Look at guys like Charles Barkley. He would tell you that he's 6'8", but he's closer to 6'5". That's one example. Shorter guys will always want to be taller. Look at Joey Graham. He's like 6'5", but he's listed at 6'7". There are examples like that all over the place. I gave you one example with Kemba Walker, but you chose to ignore that tidbit.
                      I'm not ignoring ANYTHING. You're not answering my very simple question. I'm asking HOW can a player change the official measurements, to reflect the Height they would prefer be shown?
                      Thats ludicrous.

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                      Yeah, after UNC won their championship, he was slated to go top-5.. for the 2010 draft, not the 2009 draft. I remember logging onto the nbadraft.net site and looking at the mock draft for the 2010 season and seeing E. Davis being in the top-5 - actually, he was mocked as the #3 pick for the 2010 draft.
                      And no, after the 2008-2009 season, in which Davis was a key player on the UNC title team, Davis was projected as being a Top-5 pick. Then he broke his wrist and failed to put on weight in 2009-2010 and fell to 13.

After posting 11 points and 8 rebounds in only 14 minutes in the National Championship game, Davis’ stock reached an all-time high. Although he was projected to be a sure-fire lottery pick, Davis opted to return to North Carolina for his sophomore season to make his game more NBA ready.

At the time, this decision was widely viewed as a smart choice on the part of Davis. By returning to North Carolina, he would see his minutes increase dramatically and get the chance to become the focal point of the Tar Heel offense. No one, not even Davis himself, could have imagined how disastrous the 2009-2010 season would become for Davis and North Carolina.
                      Last edited by Joey; Mon Apr 11, 2011, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• Ray Allen - Official 6'5"

I think there's more than an Inch between them, Mango.

Unless Ray Allen lied to the NBA and told them he was 4 inches taller then he actually is.
                        Which apparently is a BIG problem in the game these days.

Comment

• Sheed is 6'10". He looks to be towering over Davis but he is standing closer to the camera.

Comment

Ray Allen - Official 6'5"

I think there's more than an Inch between them, Mango.

Unless Ray Allen lied to the NBA and told them he was 4 inches taller then he actually is.
                            Which apparently is a BIG problem in the game these days.
                            all players boost their real height you do know that right ?

Comment

And no, after the 2008-2009 season, in which Davis was a key player on the UNC title team, Davis was projected as being a Top-5 pick. Then he broke his wrist and failed to put on weight in 2009-2010 and fell to 13.
                              You're a joker. Seriously. Look at the article again.

After posting 11 points and 8 rebounds in only 14 minutes in the National Championship game, Davis’ stock reached an all-time high. Although he was projected to be a sure-fire lottery pick, Davis opted to return to North Carolina for his sophomore season to make his game more NBA ready.

At the time, this decision was widely viewed as a smart choice on the part of Davis. By returning to North Carolina, he would see his minutes increase dramatically and get the chance to become the focal point of the Tar Heel offense. No one, not even Davis himself, could have imagined how disastrous the 2009-2010 season would become for Davis and North Carolina.
                              Joey, when the Raptors selected him at #13, was that outside of the lotto? As far as I know, the lotto is anywhere from 1-14, unless they changed the rules and lotto is now considered 1-5. That article doesn't tell me that he was supposed to be a top-5 selection. It just tells me that he was a sure-fire lotto pick - Which he became anyways the next season.

Comment

You're a joker. Seriously. Look at the article again.

Joey, when the Raptors selected him at #13, was that outside of the lotto? As far as I know, the lotto is anywhere from 1-14, unless they changed the rules and lotto is now considered 1-5. That article doesn't tell me that he was supposed to be a top-5 selection. It just tells me that he was a sure-fire lotto pick - Which he became anyways the next season.
                                Ed davis was suppose to be a much higher pick tho joey is right about that.

Comment

Working...
                                X