Page 98 of 132 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 2640

Thread: 2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Raptors Republic Rookie Raptors's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Bismack.
    I would take him but theres that issue with his age.

Ps... I'm actually fine with the 5th pick. Other than Irving, everyone else is up for grabs. I know Williams is suppose to go 2nd, but I just couldn't see him fit well with our current roster. I like Ed Davis and he should be starting PF. What raptors need is a good Center which Williams isn't.
    Last edited by Raptors; Tue May 17th, 2011 at 10:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

It's going to be a long, long rebuild
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

I think we're getting out of control with all the Draft Threads... Just saying... Hard to keep up with the conversation.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Brandon Knight or Jonas Valanciunas will be the best player on the board at 5. If either of them are there you take them it's as simple as that. I hope the rumors about the Wolves trading their pick and Flynn for Calderon were true.
    @Chr1st1anL

Post Thanks / Like

According to ESPN twitter feeds (can't remember which guy), Minnesota has already stated that it is open to trading the #2 pick for veteran help...

I think Calderon & #5 pick for #2 pick would be a good trade that is fair for both teams. Toronto gets #2 overall pick and Minnesota gets a top-5 pick and a veteran PG to mentor Rubio

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Rookie Raptors's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I hope the rumors about the Wolves trading their pick and Flynn for Calderon were true.
    Whoever came up with those rumours still hasn't gotten over the fact that 420 is long gone.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    According to ESPN twitter feeds (can't remember which guy), Minnesota has already stated that it is open to trading the #2 pick for veteran help...

I think Calderon & #5 pick for #2 pick would be a good trade that is fair for both teams. Toronto gets #2 overall pick and Minnesota gets a top-5 pick and a veteran PG to mentor Rubio
    Oh, please. Because I really don't like who's going to be most likely available at 5. Walker and Knight are not guys I'd want to take with the 5th pick. I'd seriously try and move up to the top 3 because I don't think anyone outside of that is really worth it.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptors wrote: View Post
    Whoever came up with those rumours still hasn't gotten over the fact that 420 is long gone.
    I could see Flynn & #2 for Calderon & #5 potentially working for both teams.

Minnesota unloads Flynn's contract and picks up a veteran player who is also a great PG mentor (and fellow Spaniard) for Rubio, while still getting a top-5 draft pick. There's a decent chance that Minnesota could still get the player they like at #5, since they don't need a PF (Love, Randolph), PG (Rubio) or SF (Beasley, Johnson). One of Kanter/Valanciunas will likely be there at #5, as a young C for Minny.

Toronto unloads Calderon's contract, picks up another decent high-potential young PG to compete with Bayless and could snag Williams with the #2 pick.

I doubt this is the last rumor we'll here in the next month! lol
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue May 17th, 2011 at 10:56 PM.

Raptors Republic Rookie G-locity's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If by draft night and we're still picking 5th, i say kemba or brandon if they're still available and try to add a center through the off season, drafting a center even if its jonas or enes, will still take a lil time for them to develop statisticaly. If we do get a pg, i guess jose's time is up in T.O. But then again, with BC back in charge, we all know that he is full of surprises though its usually a 50/50 chance of us loving it or hating it. I say sit back cus its gonna be one interesting off season.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote G-locity wrote: View Post
    If by draft night and we're still picking 5th, i say kemba or brandon if they're still available and try to add a center through the off season, drafting a center even if its jonas or enes, will still take a lil time for them to develop statisticaly. If we do get a pg, i guess jose's time is up in T.O. But then again, with BC back in charge, we all know that he is full of surprises though its usually a 50/50 chance of us loving it or hating it. I say sit back cus its gonna be one interesting off season.
    I really think you're underestimating the difficulty of adding a decent center via free agency or trades.

Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

All I can say is I feel a lot better today. We now know that we have a direction with Colangelo. I think with his guidance and his vision being totally on the raps future, I think we have a better chance at doing well at the draft. I'm sure if he wasn't signed he would not be able to pull the trigger on any draft day trades.

I don't mind the 5th pick, I would rather #1 or #2, but I don't see a legit 3rd pick out there. My hope is that Brandon Knight, or Kemba performs well in the workouts and we are able to get one of them. Which shouldn't be to far fetched. Or maybe someone else works their way up the draft board. We have a very capable group leading us.

Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptors wrote: View Post
    That's classic. But you know, it 420 somewhere in the world every hour! (or on the half hour in nfld)
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Raptors Republic Rookie G-locity's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quixotic wrote: View Post
    I really think you're underestimating the difficulty of adding a decent center via free agency or trades.
    I know it is difficult to add a good center in the off season or via trade but i do have faith in BC, kanter could be gone by the time we pick (if we stay at 5) and jonas has potential but i think he's just not ready just yet for nba grinding.

Post Thanks / Like

Would it work on paper if we trade Bargnani + Calderon + TPE for Flynn + 2nd Pick???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote jk1m wrote: View Post
    Would it work on paper if we trade Bargnani + Calderon + TPE for Flynn + 2nd Pick???
    WTF? How much are you willing to give up? That is a lot of talent to be giving up for not much in return. This would be one of the worst trades in Raptor history.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

trade the pick all the players outside of williams and irving are role players

Post Thanks / Like

There is no way to know this right now

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote jk1m wrote: View Post
    I'm not sure you understand how the TPE works, so no, it wouldn't "work on paper."

Post Thanks / Like

Excuse my excitement of wanting to trade away Bargnani for a D-Will or Irving. Plus my buzz might've impaired my thought process. Hahah. If you think about it we can still additionally use our 5th pick on a Kanter/Valanciunas/Walker

Page 98 of 132 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 ... LastLast

Thread Information