2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
    I'm starting to dig Vesely more and more. The kid has a lot of length and athleticim.. and tries to dunk EVRYTHING. Really exciting.
    ya just look at this video

Comment

• His nickname is the Dunking Ninja. How many times do I have to say this. hahah

ADD He shows decent handle as well, in that video above.
      Last edited by Joey; Fri Apr 15, 2011, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• all the stuff I have seen of this jan vesely guy are transition dunk from a 6'10 guy who can run the floor or someone creating a shot for him. I have yet to see him create his own shot which currently our entire system is based off of. just saying

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
          all the stuff I have seen of this jan vesely guy are transition dunk from a 6'10 guy who can run the floor or someone creating a shot for him. I have yet to see him create his own shot which currently our entire system is based off of. just saying
          We should really only pick him if of Irving, Williams, and Barnes are gone, and he has pretty good workouts.

Comment

• Forgive me for asking, but I thought we had a second #1 in this draft? What exactly is our draft positions?(aside from our top pick) Don't we still have a 2nd rounder at least...

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
              Forgive me for asking, but I thought we had a second #1 in this draft? What exactly is our draft positions?(aside from our top pick) Don't we still have a 2nd rounder at least...
              The Raptors had Miami's pick but traded it for James Johnson.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
                Perhaps, but I am more for getting another pick to go after a second top-10 pick. If we have a cheap chance to get Selby to back up Derozan I am still not sure with his size.
                A sleeper for a team picking 22-30. I do not want or see the Raps getting him.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                  Forgive me for asking, but I thought we had a second #1 in this draft? What exactly is our draft positions?(aside from our top pick) Don't we still have a 2nd rounder at least...
                  The 2nd round pick belongs to DET as part of the Delfino trade - 2009 & 2011 2nd rd picks for him.

Comment

• Thanks guys...

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                      all the stuff I have seen of this jan vesely guy are transition dunk from a 6'10 guy who can run the floor or someone creating a shot for him. I have yet to see him create his own shot which currently our entire system is based off of. just saying
                      i agree i am not high on vesley, i dont care that he can dunk to br honest, d williams had much better dunks this year. id take atleast 4 players over vesly at this point. williams, barnes, kanter, valanciunas. i dont tihnk vbesley is worth our top 3 pick

Comment

• is Kanter another Hoffa???? and would you guys be pissed if we took him instead of jonas?

Comment

• HuskyRaptor wrote: View Post
                          is Kanter another Hoffa???? and would you guys be pissed if we took him instead of jonas?
                          that hoffa pick by us was quite the stretch

Comment

• raptorsking wrote: View Post
                            that hoffa pick by us was quite the stretch
                            Look up Hoffa's stats at BYU.
                            He was no slouch. Player of the Year for his Conference I believe.
                            Mind you that BYU and the Mountain Conference, but still. haha

Comment

• HuskyRaptor wrote: View Post
                              is Kanter another Hoffa???? and would you guys be pissed if we took him instead of jonas?
                              There is absolutely nothing that suggests that is true. The Raptors drafted Hoffa because Babcock took the job only a week or so before the draft, was ill prepared because of it and so he went with a player that he hoped would fill a need and who those around him were also endorsing. Hoffa had an NBA body, that's why they reached on him. They misjudged his intelligence and his skills. He's the poster boy for what can happen when a team drafts based on need instead of talent. Kanter has more talent in his pinky.

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              Look up Hoffa's stats at BYU.
                              He was no slouch. Player of the Year for his Conference I believe.
                              Mind you that BYU and the Mountain Conference, but still. haha
                              I liken Hoffa to PJ Tucker in the sense that they were men among boys at the college level and the things they did there were accomplished through superior strength. When they hit the NBA everybody else was big and strong. They could no longer use their bodies as a crutch to be effective and they were exposed. Fortunately they took Tucker in the second round, no loss. Unfortunately they took Hoffa in the lottery just before Iggy.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                I liken Hoffa to PJ Tucker in the sense that they were men among boys at the college level and the things they did there were accomplished through superior strength. When they hit the NBA everybody else was big and strong. They could no longer use their bodies as a crutch to be effective and they were exposed. Fortunately they took Tucker in the second round, no loss. Unfortunately they took Hoffa in the lottery just before Iggy.
                                A similar analogy could be used with Jermaine O'Neal with athleticism. He was never fundamentally sound, he got by on his athleticism. Once he lost the athleticism, he was never able to compete at the same level.

Comment

Working...
                                X