Page 99 of 132 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2640

Thread: 2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote G-locity wrote: View Post
    I know it is difficult to add a good center in the off season or via trade but i do have faith in BC, kanter could be gone by the time we pick (if we stay at 5) and jonas has potential but i think he's just not ready just yet for nba grinding.
    I have faith in BC, but if you're talking a center who doesn't have injury problems, a bad contract, or isn't near retirement, I think you're placing a little too much faith. If you try to name the last three legit centers to be traded, you'll see why. And unfortunately for FA, we just don't have that much room, nor wins, to attract anyone with.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2011/

Draft Express has us taking Knight.

1) Irving
    2) Williams
    3) Walkers
    4) Jones V
    5) Knight
    6) Jan Vesely
    7) Bismack
    8) Kanter
    9) Donatas Motiejunas
    10) Marcus Morris

I am really hoping we take Bismack.
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Tue May 17th, 2011 at 11:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Apologizes. Disregard my previous question...

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

If by draft night and we're still picking 5th, i say kemba or brandon if they're still available and try to add a center through the off season, drafting a center even if its jonas or enes, will still take a lil time for them to develop statisticaly. If we do get a pg, i guess jose's time is up in T.O. But then again, with BC back in charge, we all know that he is full of surprises though its usually a 50/50 chance of us loving it or hating it. I say sit back cus its gonna be one interesting off season.
    Kemba or Knight? Wow, I'm astounded about how much neither excites me. Two incredibly flawed PGs who might very well not be any better than either Calderon or Bayless.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

I know it is difficult to add a good center in the off season or via trade but i do have faith in BC, kanter could be gone by the time we pick (if we stay at 5) and jonas has potential but i think he's just not ready just yet for nba grinding.
    The Raptors don't need someone who's ready for NBA grinding. They need someone who's going to be ready in 2-3 years.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post

1) Irving
    2) Williams
    3) Walkers
    4) Jones V
    5) Knight
    6) Jan Vesely
    7) Bismack
    8) Kanter
    9) Donatas Motiejunas
    10) Marcus Morris

This would be a dream if Kemba and Jonas get taken before 5, leaving us with Kanter. The biggest question marks I have are with Kemba and Bismack. Kemba is no where near the 6ft they have him listed as (5'9"ish), and Bismack may be no where near the 18 yrs they have him listed as. The pre-draft workouts will be where things get decided, and who knows who this year's Flynn will be (someone who moves up the ranks quickly) or Ed Davis will be (someone who gets under valued).
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Post Thanks / Like

1) Irving
    2) Williams
    3) Walkers
    4) Jones V
    5) Knight
    6) Jan Vesely
    7) Bismack
    8) Kanter
    9) Donatas Motiejunas
    10) Marcus Morris

They have Kanter going 8th? Are they the only ones who don't have him going in the top 5? If they can draft 5th and still draft Kanter, I'll be happy. I have a feeling that's unlikely, though.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorDan wrote: View Post
    This would be a dream if Kemba and Jonas get taken before 5, leaving us with Kanter. The biggest question marks I have are with Kemba and Bismack. Kemba is no where near the 6ft they have him listed as (5'9"ish), and Bismack may be no where near the 18 yrs they have him listed as. The pre-draft workouts will be where things get decided, and who knows who this year's Flynn will be (someone who moves up the ranks quickly) or Ed Davis will be (someone who gets under valued).
    You beat me to it.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    They have Kanter going 8th? Are they the only ones who don't have him going in the top 5? If they can draft 5th and still draft Kanter, I'll be happy. I have a feeling that's unlikely, though.
    I don't know that they've actually updated the draft in regard to what each team would pick. Despite the update time showing it was updated this evening, it looks awfully close if not the same as before, which was just an absolute ranking of the prospects. I'd be ecstatic if the Jazz take Kemba at #3 though.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

1. derrick williams
    2. irving
    3. kanter
    4. biyombo
    5. faried
    6. kawhi
    7. brandon knight
    8. kemba
    9. morris
    10. alec burks
    11. jan vesely
    12. jimmer
    13. jonas
    14. chris singleton
    15. tristan

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorDan wrote: View Post
    There is no proof he's not 18.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Alec Burks.

Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no proof he's not 18.
    Its true. The opposite is also true.

His age tests were inconclusive. The radiographic examination of the hand for forensic age diagnostics is flawed for several reasons. Further tests are necessary, such as the radiographic examination of the progress of ossification of the cartilage at the sternal end of the clavicle. Even still this is flawed.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Oh, please. Because I really don't like who's going to be most likely available at 5. Walker and Knight are not guys I'd want to take with the 5th pick. I'd seriously try and move up to the top 3 because I don't think anyone outside of that is really worth it.
    More like top 2. Picks 3-4-5 and even 6 are practically interchangeable, at least thats how BC puts it. Picking at 5, as opposed to say picking at 3 can even be a positive as you save money as there isn't a major drop off in talent between those 2 slots.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default This draft is shitttttyyy

This looks like the bargs draft all over again. I think there will be two or three good players but a few good role players as is found in every draft. I see everyone thinks we should trade up but nobody knows what kind of offers we will get. I don't care if we trade up or down as long as we get out of the offseason with a defensive, rebounding center. Bargs and 5th pick for a pylon

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Gee I wonder why they didn't pull the ping pong balls live and in front of the camera.

Gee I wonder how Cleveland got 1 and 4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tank wrote: View Post
    More like top 2. Picks 3-4-5 and even 6 are practically interchangeable, at least thats how BC puts it. Picking at 5, as opposed to say picking at 3 can even be a positive as you save money as there isn't a major drop off in talent between those 2 slots.
    I see Kanter as a top 3 pick and then a big drop off. If Kanter doesn't go 3rd, which I think he will, to Utah, then you might be right. I think there's definitely a chance the Raptors could end up with a good player at 5, but the chance is a lot worse.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote FromTOtoVAN wrote: View Post
    This looks like the bargs draft all over again. I think there will be two or three good players but a few good role players as is found in every draft. I see everyone thinks we should trade up but nobody knows what kind of offers we will get. I don't care if we trade up or down as long as we get out of the offseason with a defensive, rebounding center. Bargs and 5th pick for a pylon
    Please let the Raptors not get the Sheldon Williams of this draft.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote OTFP wrote: View Post
    Gee I wonder why they didn't pull the ping pong balls live and in front of the camera.

Gee I wonder how Cleveland got 1 and 4
    Cleveland got the 1st and 4th pick because the Clippers moved up. And the didn't put the ping balls live on camera because they pick the first pick first by ping balls live, which doesn't create the anticipation. You do realize that there are plenty of witnesses to watch the proceedings (including Doug Smith, this year). It's pretty much impossible to fix it the way they do it.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    It's going to be a long, long rebuild
    i dont wanna renew my seats :|

Page 99 of 132 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 ... LastLast

Thread Information