2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HuskyRaptor wrote: View Post
    is Kanter another Hoffa???? and would you guys be pissed if we took him instead of jonas?
    No i wouldnt be pissed both seem like legit centers. kanter might impact the team earlier. jonas wwould be a good pick to because wed probaly have another subpar season and get another high pick. if we took kanter and his knees messed up in the 1st or 2nd year id be pissed though.

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
      No i wouldnt be pissed both seem like legit centers. kanter might impact the team earlier. jonas wwould be a good pick to because wed probaly have another subpar season and get another high pick. if we took kanter and his knees messed up in the 1st or 2nd year id be pissed though.
      I worry where Kanter has not had any high level game competition this past year. Personally, I think Kanter may be better now but Valanciunas has a higher ceiling (that is only my opinion).

Comment

• what about Bismack Biyombo? Ed davis and Biyombo together would be scary!

Any scouting report must start with Biyombo's dimensions, which are downright freakish. He measured a 7-7 wingspan (which would rank fifth longest in our expansive database) at the Nike Hoop Summit, despite standing just 6-7 ¾ without shoes. No player of record has ever measured a wingspan that is nearly 12 inches longer than his actual height—the closest is Jason Maxiell, who is 6-5 without shoes with a 7-3 ¼ wingspan. He also sports a chiseled 243-pound frame (4.8% body fat) that he should have no problem putting additional weight onto.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...#ixzz1JsBCHOSj
        http://www.draftexpress.com

Comment

• HuskyRaptor wrote: View Post
          what about Bismack Biyombo? Ed davis and Biyombo together would be scary!
          at 6'9 I would rather faried to be honest simple because he is more athletic, don't get me wrong tho he would be a nice to have.

Comment

• HuskyRaptor wrote:
            DraftExpress wrote: Any scouting report must start with Biyombo's dimensions, which are downright freakish. He measured a 7-7 wingspan (which would rank fifth longest in our expansive database) at the Nike Hoop Summit, despite standing just 6-7 ¾ without shoes.
            Dudes a friggin Gorilla! His arms are a foot longer than he is tall?! Freak is right.
            Doesn't matter how short you are when you got arms that long, if you think about it.
            Its not like you rebound with the top of your head.

Comment

• Barnes back to UNC

For what it's worth, Barnes is going back to UNC.

http://tarheelblue.cstv.com/sports/m...041811aaa.html

Crazy man. What a terrible draft this is shaping up to be.

Comment

• Harrison Barnes is not entering the draft!

Mods I am sure you will move this in no time, but I feel it needed to be on the main page for a bit.

Harrison Barnes is not entering the draft and heading back to UNC. This is a big blow to the top of the draft board as he could have gone anywhere from 1-5. http://tarheelblue.cstv.com/sports/m...041811aaa.html
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                  Mods I am sure you will move this in no time, but I feel it needed to be on the main page for a bit.

Harrison Barnes is not entering the draft and heading back to UNC. This is a big blow to the top of the draft board as he could have gone anywhere from 1-5. http://tarheelblue.cstv.com/sports/m...041811aaa.html
                  Shoooooooot, Barnes was our garuntee to get a good player in the top 3 after K.irving and D.williams. I k now there is alot of other players in the draft but after the 2nd pick everything seems a little riskier now. is kanter really the next best at 3...

Comment

• Regarding Biyombo, this guy is quickly becoming in my mind the best Center prospect in the draft.

With a 7'7" wingspan, height will not be an issue so much as people might think it is. Though the 7 footers might be able to simply lean over him (tall reach or not), his short height might actually make him more of a presence in the paint. Having a center of gravity that much lower to the court, but still weighing north of 250 will make Biyombo extremely difficult, if not impossible to back down. Once he gets his position, it's unlikely he's going to be moved from it very easily. And looking at photos of him, i don't see any reason why his body couldn't support another 20 pounds.

More quotes from the same draft express article referenced above:

What makes Biyombo so interesting, though, is his willingness to utilize his physical tools. He plays the game with incredible emotion (think Joakim Noah or Kevin Garnett)
                    Once he catches the ball in the paint, Biyombo usually has one thing on his mind: dunk. He can take off from incredible distances (well outside the restricted area) and still finish plays because of his sheer length and explosiveness. He absolutely crushes the rim any opportunity he gets.
                    defensive ability is the area of Biyombo's game where NBA teams see the most potential
                    He stood out as the most vocal player on the International team over the course of the week at the Nike Hoop Summit, assuming a position of leadership almost immediately upon arrival. You would often see him having tactical discussions between plays with the coaching staff, and he was quick to take teammates aside and explain the nuances of a play to them when something got lost in translation.

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                      Shoooooooot, Barnes was our garuntee to get a good player in the top 3 after K.irving and D.williams. I k now there is alot of other players in the draft but after the 2nd pick everything seems a little riskier now. is kanter really the next best at 3...
                      This was my thought when I read this, the top of the draft board is going to be interesting, who will climb up and take a top 3 spot.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• And then there were two...I had a sick feeling in my gut that this was going to happen. I've been on the ESPN lottery simulator. And I keep clicking it until the Raps get one or two...there's a good chance with third that they fall even further. It will be a gut shot now if we get the third place in the lottery. After those two now, everybody else seems like solid picks but nothing spectacular. Oh well see you back here next year.

Comment

• I like Biyombo a lot, actually. He reminds me of serge ibaka quite a bit. Well worth trying to get a late round first pick for in my mind. Best case: Serge Ibaka 2.0. Worst case: Reggie Evans' replacement as forth big off the bench.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• This sucks but I'm ok with JJ starting another season at the SF spot.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I don't know whether I read a premature report, but I heard this a couple of weeks ago, so it's absolutely no surprise to me.
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Keeping my fingers crossed that we get the first or second pick. It will hurt pretty bad if we drop down, but at least we got big Ed and DD going forward. I'm interested to see how Alabi looks next season, with the little amount of time he played, he exceeded my expectations when he did play.

Comment

Working...
                                X