Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 83

Thread: NBA Expansion in Montreal: Five Reasons Why Canada Deserves a Second NBA Team

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Queq'part
    Posts
    1,099
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default NBA Expansion in Montreal: Five Reasons Why Canada Deserves a Second NBA Team

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6...ba-team#page/1
    Nice article from writer Justin Bonin of Bleacherreport

    What do you think about it?

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Starter Ryan_1523's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    MTL, Canada
    Posts
    272
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Seems smart to me.. I'd especially like to see this since I'm moving to Montreal next year for school! Hopefully it happens eventually, I'd like another Canadian team to go for along with the Raptors

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I saw the article on the front page, but when I clicked through to it, I saw it was a slideshow, which I hate, so I didn't read it. Besides, it's the Bleacher Report, so I find it surprising to hear that it was well thought out. What I don't understand is why Montreal would be ahead of Vancouver to get an NBA team. The only sports team Montreal seems to have been able to sustain is the Canadiens. Didn't they lose their CFL team?

    Vancouver HAD an NBA team that was unjustly taken away. I think they (we) deserve another one.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,753
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I saw the article on the front page, but when I clicked through to it, I saw it was a slideshow, which I hate, so I didn't read it. Besides, it's the Bleacher Report, so I find it surprising to hear that it was well thought out. What I don't understand is why Montreal would be ahead of Vancouver to get an NBA team. The only sports team Montreal seems to have been able to sustain is the Canadiens. Didn't they lose their CFL team?

    Vancouver HAD an NBA team that was unjustly taken away. I think they (we) deserve another one.
    Unjustly? They were losing 20 million a year.

    That being said I think Vancouver should be ahead of the Montreal.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Unjustly? They were losing 20 million a year.

    That being said I think Vancouver should be ahead of the Montreal.
    There's a lot that happened in Vancouver that is not common knowledge. They were so badly managed, it wasn't funny. And that was before they were bought by an owner who had no intention of keeping the team in Vancouver. I have a close friend who worked for the Grizzlies and I heard plenty of stories. I can't tell you how many times he told me about stuff he saw first hand that had me shaking my head in despair. It was just sad.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,753
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    There's a lot that happened in Vancouver that is not common knowledge. They were so badly managed, it wasn't funny. And that was before they were bought by an owner who had no intention of keeping the team in Vancouver. I have a close friend who worked for the Grizzlies and I heard plenty of stories. I can't tell you how many times he told me about stuff he saw first hand that had me shaking my head in despair. It was just sad.
    Like what?

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Didn't they lose their CFL team?
    The Montreal CFL team (Alouettes) just won their second consecutive championship.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,439
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oh yeah its hard enough for Toronto to attract American players, but you can forget about it in Montreal that deals with a colder winter