No announcement yet.

NBA Expansion in Montreal: Five Reasons Why Canada Deserves a Second NBA Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Montreal is the last city on earth that an NBA franchise would survive.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      This is off track but it's needed:
      Source: npr.org

- He lied about pulling the troops. America's biggest expense. I can barely count on one hand all the wars America is now involved in.
      - He bailed out the big banksters in America, who are now moving their HQ's to China as a thank you.
      - He bailed out banksters in other countries like here in Canada and the UK for example.
      - 35,000,000 Americans meanwhile are on food stamps. What's the population of Canada again?
      - He continues to let the Fed screw the American people out of their hard earned money. Imagine if a private corporation controlled the printing of Canadian currency and charged the Canadian government interest on their own currency? Imagine if the corporation had total immunity, could not be audited, answered to no one?
      I can go on for a while with on this one if you want to take this debate to PM.

That said, why would the NBA move a team back to a failed market when there are other markets with just as much potential, if not more? I'd love to see a team in Vancouver or Montreal but I don't see it on the horizon.
      In Obama's defense on the bank bailing, it was Bush that started the process. Obama didn't have much choice in the matter.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

dagon420 wrote: View Post
        dumb idea
        quebecois dont care about basketball
        Officially the most ignorant comment I've read in this thread. You clearly don't know anything about the Quebecois.

ADD Charles basically covered it, but as I've said before, if you were at the QPBT (Quebec Provincial Basketball Tournament) you would see SOLD OUT arenas for High School and College kids, much like the US, that no one outside of Quebec has heard of. And yet NOW these kids are finally getting recruited to NCAA because the QBF actually takes the time to nurture and develop young stars, much like Spain or France has been doing for years. Canada as a whole, needs to take a lesson from Quebec Sport.
        Last edited by Joey; Tue Mar 8, 2011, 11:30 PM.

Comment

pesterm1, im not from mtl but im from the province of Quebec. You gotta understand that now everybody speaks english in Montreal. French people are now a minority in this city!

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
            pesterm1, im not from mtl but im from the province of Quebec. You gotta understand that now everybody speaks english in Montreal. French people are now a minority in this city!
            Great point!! This is absolutely true. Montreal is by far an anglophonized city.
            And I am from Montreal. Living in Toronto, but I know that Quebec embraces SPORT.
            And basketball IS one of the finest sports ever created. Quebec and Montreal Sport Fans are well aware of this.

Comment

That is absolutely NOT. TRUE. It's very popular. The only thing is that we don't have a team, so how you can say we don't care? Go at a college game and you'll see that ther is alot of basketball fans. It's always sold out. The Raptors game was sold out. There is A lot of high school an college teams and the level of play is really good. What else do you need?
              Better weather maybe, and no offence man but Montreal is a dull place. I've Been there and i found it pretty boring. Not a good place to start a NBA fanchise just yet

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                Better weather maybe, and no offence man but Montreal is a dull place. I've Been there and i found it pretty boring. Not a good place to start a NBA fanchise just yet
                I mean no offense by this at all.. but how old are you Raptors_?
                Montreal is very literally one of the funnest, most enjoyable cities in all of North America. And MANY have acknowledged this.
                IF you're looking to find more Girls, Booze, Strippers, Chronic, Scenery, History etc. You want Montreal, and thats more than you will ANYWHERE else in Canada. And the US for that matter.

US Athletes LOVE Canada. Our Strippers actually take their clothes off.
                (If that is inappropriate I apologize, but it is a legitimate argument for athletes.)
                Last edited by Joey; Wed Mar 9, 2011, 12:03 AM.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  I mean no offense by this at all.. but how old are you Raptors_?
                  Montreal is very literally one of the funnest, most enjoyable cities in all of North America. And MANY have acknowledged this.
                  IF you're looking to find more Girls, Booze, Strippers, Chronic, Scenery, History etc. You want Montreal, and thats more than you will ANYWHERE else in Canada. And the US for that matter.

US Athletes LOVE Canada. Our Strippers actually take their clothes off.
                  (If that is inappropriate I apologize, but it is a legitimate argument for athletes.)
                  Im 15 and i dunno u might be right. I found it pretty boring when i went there. Not old enough to go to strip clubs so thats probably why, lol. If you compare Toronto to Montreal i'd say Toronto is alot better in my opinion. I doubt there will ever be a NBA team in montreal, maybe in the next decade.

Comment

I doubt there will ever be a NBA team in montreal
                    Fully agree man.
                    I'm more just trying to argue the fact that I DO believe that Montreal could support a team. Whether or not the players would support a team there is another issue.

Comment

I mean anyway... Why not just give it a try? They already have a huge arena. There is a whole lot of fans from all around the world. The city is far from being boring. And as for the temperature... NY, Boston, Philly, New Jersey, Toronto are not far from the same. Why would Cleveland or Minnessota have a team and not Montreal? If it doesn't work, ok, then the team go away. As for now, how can we know if it would work if we don't try it?

Comment

I mean anyway... Why not just give it a try?
                        Because if you try and fail, that's tens, maybe hundreds of millions of dollars down the drain. If you're going to do it, you better be damn sure it's going to be a success.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I mean anyway... Why not just give it a try? They already have a huge arena. There is a whole lot of fans from all around the world. The city is far from being boring. And as for the temperature... NY, Boston, Philly, New Jersey, Toronto are not far from the same. Why would Cleveland or Minnessota have a team and not Montreal? If it doesn't work, ok, then the team go away. As for now, how can we know if it would work if we don't try it?
                          Mathematical calculation.

Comment

I know this is not really ''mathematical'' but I guess that everyone who buy a professional team is is giving it a try...

Comment

i thought the same thing when i was your age, bro... but trust me... the second you hit drinking age, and have a good amount of party cash in your pocket... GO TO MONTREAL FOR A WEEKEND.

in montreal, you should be waking up when the sun goes down, and going to sleep when............... well... don't sleep.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                                i thought the same thing when i was your age, bro... but trust me... the second you hit drinking age, and have a good amount of party cash in your pocket... GO TO MONTREAL FOR A WEEKEND.

in montreal, you should be waking up when the sun goes down, and going to sleep when............... well... don't sleep.
                                I think you have Montreal confused with Thailand, although Montreal is a great party city. I recommend supersex (rippers) to those who have never been.

Comment

Working...
                                X