Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: NBA Expansion in Montreal: Five Reasons Why Canada Deserves a Second NBA Team

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd agree you can get by without speaking French, it's more of a challenge but you can do it. I lived in Holland for awhile too and it's even easier to get by without Dutch there than it is to get by without French in the 514. I also find you need a thick skin to get by Anglo only in Montreal. People can be down right rude and hard to deal with if they don't see a modicum of effort. For what it's worth my parents both eventually left because it's just too hard to advance in nearly any career in MTL/Québec if you don't speak French.

My main point was that Anglos are still less than 20% of the cities populace. And Francos are still a majority

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Just moved to montreal about three months ago and still have not found many hoop junkies. Basketball gets little to no press here and Mtl hockey coverage has gotta be worse then toronto maple leaf media over kill. I think montreal people would only support a winning elite franchise.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    In Obama's defense on the bank bailing, it was Bush that started the process. Obama didn't have much choice in the matter.
    I like where you and Apollo's heads are at. Obama is a charming figurehead who was put into office to try and sway ill will feelings that the U.S. people had towards Bush, and the Government. The fact is that U.S. presidents have no pull when it comes to altering the landscape of politics; especially in the U.S, corporations rule all. Exactly like Apollo has stated.

Back to bball. They gotta move the team to Vancouver and sign Yao Ming & Steve Nash. Yao would appeal to the HUGE asian community, and Steve would obviously appeal to everybody. This probably isn't the solution to win a championship, but it could get basketball running on its feet.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information