Bosh or Bargs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e2thed wrote: View Post
    I can see Miami trading Bosh + role players + 1st rd pick for Paul and + role players, in the offseason.
    I'm not too sure NOH are going to want to take a 2016 1st round pick*. You can't trade 1st round picks consecutive years and MIA have their given away this year, 2013, 2015 with CLE having the right to swap other years.

MIA's problem is they have 2 guys who need the ball to be effective in Wade and LBJ. Trading Bosh for Paul doesn't fix that, in fact, it adds a third..

*unless it is a draft day trade and the rights to a player are sent.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      I'm not too sure NOH are going to want to take a 2016 1st round pick*. You can't trade 1st round picks consecutive years and MIA have their given away this year, 2013, 2015 with CLE having the right to swap other years.

MIA's problem is they have 2 guys who need the ball to be effective in Wade and LBJ. Trading Bosh for Paul doesn't fix that, in fact, it adds a third..

*unless it is a draft day trade and the rights to a player are sent.
      if miami wants to be successful they need to dump LBJ. They both want the ball, but its Wade's team and he already helped em win a championship.
      Last edited by Raptors_; Wed Mar 9, 2011, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Sucks??

Sounds like some Raps fans are still holding a grudge against the guy. He doesn't suck and his stats aren't that much lower this year than last. I think his numbers are actually higher than they would have been when he first signed, (I was expecting something like 15 and 7).
        Deadallus

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
          if miami wants to be successful they need to dump LBJ. They both want the ball, but its Wade's team and he already helped em win a championship.
          The offense when in a half court set is stagnant when Wade and Lebron take turns running iso's and trying to break down the D. If they are having an off night on the defenive end and aren't getting out in transition they look pretty medicore. Scary thought considering the playoff are based on half court basketball.
          Deadallus

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            Bosh is very much a Shareef Abdur-Rahim for me now ...

He seemed like a Legit All-Star while with a bad team, but once you put him around ACTUAL good players, you see that he is NOT all that special of a player.
            I think it has more to do with the fact that the Heat have no real system in place. It's all about giving the ball to Lebron and hoping for something. Bosh is the 3rd option, but really they're using him as a role player there while Wade and Lebron hog the ball and "create". The Heat are a clusterfuck of a team and Bosh is paying for it the most because there's 2 other guys dominating the ball. If the Heat ran their offense through Bosh, and had Lebron and Wade there as his wing support then we wouldn't even be having these conversations.

In fact, if they ran their offense through Bosh then they wouldn't have that atrocious record that they do in close games. Giving the ball to Bosh in the elbow is much a much better option than having Lebron dribble it out for 10 seconds at the 3 point line only to miss it.

And him and Bargs shouldn't even be in the same sentence. Completely different levels of talent.
            Last edited by nubreed000; Wed Mar 9, 2011, 02:34 PM.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
              I think it has more to do with the fact that the Heat have no real system in place. It's all about giving the ball to Lebron and hoping for something. Bosh is the 3rd option, but really they're using him as a role player there while Wade and Lebron hog the ball and "create". The Heat are a clusterfuck of a team and Bosh is paying for it the most because there's 2 other guys dominating the ball. If the Heat ran their offense through Bosh, and had Lebron and Wade there as his wing support then we wouldn't even be having these conversations.

Him and Bargs shouldn't even be in the same sentence. Completely different talent levels.
              I believe you have it just about right.

I'd just add that watching the last 3 games (they seem to televise every game nationally) he seems to have regressed mobility wise. Apart from the brace on one knee and the other one bandaged he doesnt run too well, lost some of his muscle/weight from last year and whether by design or not he is much more of a jump shooter than when here....he hardly plays inside or physical...and this is precisely what the Heat need. Both Bargnani & Bosh are not leaders and inherently "soft" in the trench. Thats the best equal comparision I can make. The question though must be asked...how is it Haslem was playing the position so much better than Bosh on the Heat...transitioning from a first option is a weak possibility.

Comment

You can't really compare him on the Heat to what Bargs is doing now. They are playing too different rolls, in short Bargs = 1st option and Bosh = 3rd option.

BTW Bosh is totally the Heat's scapegoat.
                Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Wed Mar 9, 2011, 05:21 PM.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                  What did John Lennon say? Oh yes, "Instant karma's gonna get you. Gonna knock you right in the face."

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy in a better situation.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                    You can't really compare him on the Heat to what Bargs is doing now. They are playing too different rolls, in short Bargs = 1st option and Bosh = 3rd option.

Even if you do compare them, though, Bosh is still better. And I wonder how Bosh feels about being a scapegoat 2 years in a row. Ouch.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                      And I wonder how Bosh feels about being a scapegoat 2 years in a row. Ouch.
                      But when do you go from "ScapeGoat" to being the "Common Link"?

Comment

Bargnani is better its not even close! Comparing there attributes.. Bargnani is bigger, stronger, quicker comparing their skill bargani has longer range, a more versitile arisenal of moves, and better passing out of the double teams. He's also much healthier and much less wear and tear. Bosh is 26 going on 40

Comment

AB.

-Half the price
                          -Still learning his game
                          -Can play as the 2nd option on a team. Like Kukoc on the Bulls. Maybe better.
                          -Much better 3 point shooter. I think. Too lazy to look it up. But it easily seems so.
                          -Cries less

Bosh is clearly the better player now. But who will be the better one in a few years? And who will cost more $?
                          “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

bloodyhandedgod wrote: View Post
                            AB.

-Half the price
                            -Still learning his game
                            -Can play as the 2nd option on a team. Like Kukoc on the Bulls. Maybe better.
                            -Much better 3 point shooter. I think. Too lazy to look it up. But it easily seems so.
                            -Cries less

Bosh is clearly the better player now. But who will be the better one in a few years? And who will cost more $?
                            Hmmm, Kukoc was #2 option over Pippen? I dunno what Bulls teams you watched, surely not the teams that included MJ.
                            Cries less? Maybe so. Bur Bargs basically shows no emotion, where I'd almost take crying over that, sad as it sounds.

As far as "still learning the game" You gotta be f'ing joking me! It's dudes fifth f'ing season(Oh sorry it's his first as "the man", so sorry!)! As my man Charlie Sheen would say "Shut uuuppp! Shaaaaaaaaaaaat Aaaaaaap!" Imagine Bosh took more than his 2 1/2 to make his mark, he'd have been crucified by this point, not much more than one year older nonetheless, but he's not still growing? Jeeeeez I can't believe I'm still trying to make an argument for this... DUH!

WINNING!!!!!!!!!

I get he broke your heart over twitter, but there's no denying FACTS!

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                              Hmmm, Kukoc was #2 option over Pippen? I dunno what Bulls teams you watched, surely not the teams that included MJ.
                              Cries less? Maybe so. Bur Bargs basically shows no emotion, where I'd almost take crying over that, sad as it sounds.

As far as "still learning the game" You gotta be f'ing joking me! It's dudes fifth f'ing season(Oh sorry it's his first as "the man", so sorry!)! As my man Charlie Sheen would say "Shut uuuppp! Shaaaaaaaaaaaat Aaaaaaap!" Imagine Bosh took more than his 2 1/2 to make his mark, he'd have been crucified by this point, not much more than one year older nonetheless, but he's not still growing? Jeeeeez I can't believe I'm still trying to make an argument for this... DUH!

WINNING!!!!!!!!!

I get he broke your heart over twitter, but there's no denying FACTS!
                              Heck no. Of course Pippen was #2. But maybe he could be a #2 in Toronto. (do not take that literally) You might be right, but he really seems like he still has a lot to learn. End of games to start with. Every year he has improved on offense. I see a lot of Dirk in his game. And am willing to have him as a #2 choice on this team. Could make us very hard to defense. Who the hell can guard an outside shooting 7 footer? Just too rare. Still means we need a #1. Maybe DD. And teach AB how to attack a basket more often.
                              “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

Bosh is definitely the better player. Andrea may have more talent but he doesn't use it and Bosh's basketball IQ is better.

As for the Heat, basically their offence, as presently constructed is based on pushing the ball out to James and Wade, then letting them go. That works great in the regular season against most of the teams in the NBA but when you get a good defensive club like Boston and Chicago and you need to go to a 1/2 court offence, it doesn't work. If it did, the Phoenix Suns of 4-5 years ago would have won a few championships.

Miami needs to find a play-making point guard who can run the offence and feed Wade and James. Those two guys play too similar of a style to be effective without someone getting them the ball. After that, if they could add a good defensive centre and a decent power forward who can play good D and score occasionally, they'll be fine. Finding these pieces is going to be tough though. One guy that could fit in their nicely is Steve Nash. He'd be great at feeding Wade and James the ball. Not sure if Miami have the assets to get him though in a trade or if Nash would want to go.

I think Reily won't yet pull the plug on the big 3 yet. Coach Spo. will be the fall guy after the season and I think he'll give it another shot next year. Unfortunately, though, with a hard cap likely coming, I don't know what he's going to do with $45 million tied up in 3 players?

Comment

Working...
                                X