• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ED Davis' FG% Ranking... If He Qualified: 2nd In The NBA

Nene is #1 with .626 FG%
    Ed Davis would be #2 with .612 FG%
    D12 is really #2 with .600 FG%
    Amir is really #3 with .576 FG%

The reason Ed doesn't qualify is because of his lack of minutes.

ESPN

wow... good for him. hopefully they can get a full year out of him next year..

really looking forward to watching the kid develop

Comment

Same here man. I really think if he packs on the muscle he can be a Joakim Noah type player. That's exactly the kind of player a team needs to build with if they want to consistently contend year in, year out. Ed Davis, Amir Johnson, these two guys are partially the reason why I feel maybe, just maybe, Colangelo has turned the page and has realized he needs to bring in defensive minded players if he ever wants to win a Championship. It's better to be late to the dance than not show up in my opinion. If Ed gets bigger and the team drafts a guy like Irving on the perimeter or Harrison Barnes at the wing, the Raptors would probably have enough fire power outside to allow them to start Ed and Amir together... Which leaves Bargnani...

Comment

Well, to be fair if you want to count unqualified players, then you have to count all of them and not just Davis. (Still that puts him in 7th which is pretty awesome.)

I know for me, it's not so much if he starts or not but every time I look at the boxscore I'm annoyed to see he had 6 shot attempts. I swear this is the most popular number for him, and it has got to change.. he needs to be involved more in the offense. I'm guessing the coaches just haven't gotten around to that part of his game yet and is just perfectly happy with what Davis has brought thus far.
        your pal,
        ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
          Well, to be fair if you want to count unqualified players, then you have to count all of them and not just Davis. (Still that puts him in 7th which is pretty awesome.)
          I don't want to be fair. I just wanted to point out where he would be if he had enough minutes to qualify.

Comment

I think it's goofy that some of those guys don't qualify for categories like that. Nene has 516attempts, but DeAndre Jordan (265), Tyson Chandler (323), and Davis (224) have enough to warrant recognition among the "qualified" leaders IMO. Obviously you can't give Jeremy Evans the top spot at 71% on 46 of 64 shooting, but the other three I think deserve it.

Comment

Now Eric Hughes has to work his magic like he did with Amir and get this doode shooting free throws propah!
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Well, technically, it's not more minutes that would qualify Davis, it's more shots. Obviously with more minutes, he'd get more shots, but if he hadn't been injured, he'd have made more field goals. Of course, he still wouldn't qualify without taking more per game.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Ed Davis is the future for PF in this team. BC better fix his mistake and trade Amir Johnson this offseason before everyone around the NBA realize he is an over paid bust.

Jay needs to give more and more minutes to Davis and really groom him to play along side AB.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                    BC better fix his mistake and trade Amir Johnson this offseason before everyone around the NBA realize he is an over paid bust.
                    Ahem... sorry... WHAT?!
                    Really?? Do you watch Amir play? Do you watch Raptors games even?!

I'm not sure 'over paid' or 'bust' are accurate words to describe Amir Johnson.

Comment

I like the fact they are babying Davis a little in terms of his minutes. He gets to go out there and play at 100% speed for 20+ minutes and doesn't have to worry about pacing himself or conserving energy. He also gets a full year to develop his conditioning, etc. to where he can play 30+minutes, while having some time to learn the league and what parts of his game need work. Plus, Amir has been just fine at the 4 after a slow start and there isn't a need to push Davis coming off an injury.

I do think that next year you will see a lot more Ed Davis. I mean, the guy has been a virtual double-double lock when he plays starter minutes and you can't say that about Amir or Bargs.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                        Ed Davis is the future for PF in this team. BC better fix his mistake and trade Amir Johnson this offseason before everyone around the NBA realize he is an over paid bust.

Jay needs to give more and more minutes to Davis and really groom him to play along side AB.
                        Do you really think that Amir and the 5.5 mil he will make next year is a mistake and he is a bust? In less than 27 minutes a game he is putting up 10 and 7 with 1.3 blocks per game, pretty decent if you ask me. I am not a huge Amir fan, but your comment was just plain stupid. I like what Davis brings to the table and feel he will be a starter early in his career, but Amir and his contract going forward is better than guys like Al Harington 6.2 mil, Drew Gooden 6.2 mil, Anderson Varejao 7.7 mil, Charie V, 7.5 mil all for teh 2011/12 season.
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                          Do you really think that Amir and the 5.5 mil he will make next year is a mistake and he is a bust? In less than 27 minutes a game he is putting up 10 and 7 with 1.3 blocks per game, pretty decent if you ask me. I am not a huge Amir fan, but your comment was just plain stupid. I like what Davis brings to the table and feel he will be a starter early in his career, but Amir and his contract going forward is better than guys like Al Harington 6.2 mil, Drew Gooden 6.2 mil, Anderson Varejao 7.7 mil, Charie V, 7.5 mil all for teh 2011/12 season.
                          Bait, fish, fish, bait.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                            Do you really think that Amir and the 5.5 mil he will make next year is a mistake and he is a bust? In less than 27 minutes a game he is putting up 10 and 7 with 1.3 blocks per game, pretty decent if you ask me. .
                            First of all, It is not 5.5 and it is much more and will be even more the following seasons and hence even harder to trade him.

Also, Just because bunch of dudes are over paid and have a bad contract, it does not make Amir's good any better !! Jason Kapano is getting paid 7 million a year , is it fair to Pay Sonny Weems 5 and then say he is not over paid !!! Come on, where is the logic there ??

Now,as far as the numbers, anyone can put up big numbers in garbage team like Raptor. Remember the numbers that David Lee was putting up last year in NY ? Where is he now ?

If we give Ed Davis the same minute as Amir RIGHT NOW, he can easily put up the same numbers. Next year, Amir can not even come close to Davis and his Ass and his big contract will be nailed to the bench !!

The point here is that the future belongs to Ed Davis. He has a higher basketball IQ than Amir, is more talented and is younger and ... Amir has no place in this team.

FIX this mistake ASAP BC !! you know you have some unfinished business with Keliza's contract as well
                            Last edited by Raptor4Ever; Wed Mar 9, 2011, 03:30 PM.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              Ahem... sorry... WHAT?!
                              Really?? Do you watch Amir play? Do you watch Raptors games even?!

I'm not sure 'over paid' or 'bust' are accurate words to describe Amir Johnson.
                              I was critical of the Amir and Colangelo during the off-season. I did not believe he was worth the deal he received. I have changed my mind. The contract was not a coup for Colangelo but Amir is playing at a level where the deal fits. He brings rebounding, defense and energy. 10 and 7 for $5-7M/yr isn't bad and the guy still has time to grow.

Comment

Working...
                              X