Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Alabi send down to D-League... again... again.

Raptors Republic Superstar Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I love how BC hype up all his second round picks and then when it doesn't work out he swipe them under the carpet and pretend that they never existed.

Post Thanks / Like

He called Alabi a project from the get go and how is he swiping him under the carpet? You'd rather him be sent out and embarrassed, maybe have his confidence wrecked because he's not ready?

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah BC shoulda said "I really think this guys is gonna suck. I mean we have to pick somebody and his name sounds pretty cool."

Much more realistic.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    They're only allowed to send him down three times so if he gets called up again he's with the big club the rest of the way.

I think what they've been doing is sending him there to get in game experience, then calling him up to assess his progress and offer additional instruction. At that point they send him down again for more playing time. They look to be trying to develop the guy. He's not ready for the NBA yet so it could be detrimental to his confidence to force it on him. He's a second rounder. He's a project. Projects take time, they're projects.
    He's a second rounder that was predicted to go around 26th though and he fell in the draft because of hep B or something. but yah i think next year he may get a little burn and maybe he could become a decent backup center or atleast a 3rd string C

Post Thanks / Like

Quote dn66 wrote: View Post
    They should sit Anjica and play Alabi.
    We are in a tank mode anyway...
    what are you talking about ? right now Alabi sucks.... Ajinca, sucks less..... thats why they play ajinca. Ajinca is 22 the same age as alabi, alabi is still waaaay to raw... thats why they play ajinca. the team is trying to figure out who to keep and who to cut.... thats why they play ajinca. yea it would be nice to get alabi minutes but not if he will just be embarassed. Wait and see how ajinca does and next year i bet alabi gets a shot if he has improoved.

some people on here dont know anything about alabi or ajinca (you know who u r)... so why are you commenting?
    Last edited by pesterm1; Fri Mar 11th, 2011 at 01:47 AM.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I will tell you what I see when I watch him (watched him play last night). He is a guy you use in a half court set which toronto doesn't play cause it slows the game down. He sets excellent picks and screens, I consistently see people get open when he sets a pick. His entry pass denial has gotten much better. He is playing the pick and roll better on the defensive side of the ball and I see aggression from him in short spaces. I honestly think he can make a good defensive team better and get his points on put backs. I don't think he will ever dominate any side of the ball single handedly which Toronto needs him to do because everyone else sucks defensively. I have seen hints of another level but it's not nearly enough. Last thing that I have seen which I like is he put on some weight

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote hateslosing wrote: View Post
    I still think he has a great shot at being a backup in this league. Keep in mind most draft sites had him projected to go in the top 25 and he only fell because of the hep B thing. If BC is willing to give him the time to develop and he pushes it hard in the gym, I think he'll surprise a lot of people in the next couple season. Here's hoping anyway!
    i think he could become a Serge Ibaka type guy.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to see he's at least got his FG% to a respectable level.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He actually has a decent stroke on his jumper and can knock down open shots from the elbow. The biggest thing with Alabi is his awareness. He looks lost alot out there and if he can just learn when and where to move, he'll look like a much better player.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    i think he could become a Serge Ibaka type guy.
    I would have to disagree. That is an insult to Ibaka, in my opinion. Ibaka is a year younger, already in his second year, and has contributed from the beginning in the NBA - he put up numbers similar to Ed Davis type numbers last year.

I don't hold much faith in Alabi - as much as I'd like to be wrong. Ujiri should have took him with him to DEN as he was his project. Again, I hope I'm wrong but that is my opinion right now.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote e2thed wrote: View Post
    They should just void his NBA contract and make him stay there, like come on quit playing with the dudes emotions and tell him hes not good enough for the NBA already.
    Come on man, minor league baseball players and hockey players go through YEARS of this sometimes before they either get a true or or actually make the big club. He makes enough money and if he truly cares about getting better he'll focus on basketball, rather than how big his bed is or how shitty the bus rides are.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

Quote hateslosing wrote: View Post
    He actually has a decent stroke on his jumper and can knock down open shots from the elbow. The biggest thing with Alabi is his awareness. He looks lost alot out there and if he can just learn when and where to move, he'll look like a much better player.
    Ya i totally agree, many times he is lost or turns his back to the ball and gets lost. thats all part of being young and not playing in the NBA. the d league should help him with that and but he will need nba minutes to take it up another notch. next year i bet we see alabi play 10 mins a game

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information