Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 86

Thread: Is this summer time to move Kleiza and Amir Johnson ?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Is this summer time to move Kleiza and Amir Johnson ?

    It was great to see Davis starting and getting comefortable beside AB. I am not sure when Amir will be back but I hope Jay keeps him on the bench where he belongs.

    The future starting front line for Raptors is AB and Davis which has a great balance for both offence, defence.

    With the emergence of DD as a reliable SG, and James Johnson as reliable back up SF, BC needs to move both Kleiza and Amir this season and use the money to get a legitimate SF. He will have almost 10 million to spent on a star caliber SF which can bring defense, scoring and rebounding to this team.

    I am hoping that we address the PG position through the Draft and move Jose as well. With Barbosa as a back up PG and Bayless as our 3rd string PG ( since he really is a 3rd string PG and not even a Back up PG), this team will not feel the absence of Jose.

    However, this is easier said than done since all three guys are quite over paid. But on the other hand, BC has shown us all that he is quite good on trading players which he signed the summer before and changing direction on the fly

    Come on BC, you can DO IT !!!

    Last edited by Raptor4Ever; Sat Mar 12th, 2011 at 01:40 PM.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    No one in the league will take on Kleiza's contract given his injury and recovery time.

    For what Amir provides he is adequately paid. If you trade him, who is coming off the bench who can do what Amir does?

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    287
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Why would we get rid of Amir? He's a great fit for the team and his contract is a bargain for what he does.

    BC will already have 10 million to spend this summer, even if he doesn't move anybody. An upgrade at SF would be great, but I think it's most likely to happen via the draft.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote malefax wrote: View Post
    An upgrade at SF would be great, but I think it's most likely to happen via the draft.
    I am hoping the draft address our other great need which is a PG. Lets face it, we don't have a PG that we can build around and move forward.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I wouldn't trade either, Amir is one of the most important players on the team and Kleiza still has a lot to prove when he comes back.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I agree with Kleiza. I think it will be another contract that we need to either carry for long time or just take back another bad contract and hope for the best. Thanks BC, fix your mistake.

    As far as Amir Goes, He may be paid OK if he was a starter and was able to play for 30 minutes a night on regular basis. However, I think for the 10-15 minutes that he should get next year backing Davis, we can get a much chpeaer hustle PF to that dirty work. There is no need to pay Amir 6-7 million a year for 15 minutes of work. As I said before, Davis is a starting PF for this team and Amir is very over paied to sit on the bench.

    This team's most urgent needs are a reliable PG and a great scoring Small forward. With the new CBA and Salary cap, we will not have additional 10 million to spent on another SF. Money will be tight in the future NBA and I don't see us being able to address our weakest link ( SF) in the free agency unless we get ride of some of the dead weight.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    I agree with Kleiza. I think it will be another contract that we need to either carry for long time or just take back another bad contract and hope for the best. Thanks BC, fix your mistake.

    As far as Amir Goes, He may be paid OK if he was a starter and was able to play for 30 minutes a night on regular basis. However, I think for the 10-15 minutes that he should get next year backing Davis, we can get a much chpeaer hustle PF to that dirty work. There is no need to pay Amir 6-7 million a year for 15 minutes of work. As I said before, Davis is a starting PF for this team and Amir is very over paied to sit on the bench.

    This team's most urgent needs are a reliable PG and a great scoring Small forward. With the new CBA and Salary cap, we will not have additional 10 million to spent on another SF. Money will be tight in the future NBA and I don't see us being able to address our weakest link ( SF) in the free agency unless we get ride of some of the dead weight.
    Amir will be playing more than 10-15 minutes. He is key if we ever want to be a team which wins 45-50 games. Davis is not ready to play more than 30 minutes, and Amir has played stretches at the 5. He will play at least 20 minutes (obviously also depending on foul trouble) and will be a great factor in the time he plays.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    Amir will be playing more than 10-15 minutes. He is key if we ever want to be a team which wins 45-50 games. Davis is not ready to play more than 30 minutes, and Amir has played stretches at the 5. He will play at least 20 minutes (obviously also depending on foul trouble) and will be a great factor in the time he plays.
    I fully disagree. Davis will be ready to play heavy minutes next year after having a year in NBA and whole summer to work out . Plus, we might have a late start to next season which will give him more time in the gym.

    As long as undersized, 220 lb Amir Johnson play 5 in this team, we will not win more than 30 games in each season. Amir is not suited for 5 and everyone knows that.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Rookie bigmanshaq's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    68
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    at the moment, theres no need for this move. especially since amir's been the soul of this team, playing through injuries, tough d, good defence. but when draft time comes around, if we somehow landed another pf like sullinger, then we definitely should consider moving some of our players around.
    keep in mind that if we manage to aquire a starting caliber center, barg will be moved to the 4 spot, which would give us 4 pf (barg, amir, davis, johnson), by that time i would second your motion of trading some of our 4 man.
    Last edited by bigmanshaq; Sat Mar 12th, 2011 at 03:12 PM.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    204
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    I fully disagree. Davis will be ready to play heavy minutes next year after having a year in NBA and whole summer to work out . Plus, we might have a late start to next season which will give him more time in the gym.

    As long as undersized, 220 lb Amir Johnson play 5 in this team, we will not win more than 30 games in each season. Amir is not suited for 5 and everyone knows that.
    You can put Amir and Davis out there at the same time depending on the matchups. This is pretty obvious. Amir's our best player anyway so he should be on the floor as much as possible.

  11. #11
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,642
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Good luck moving Kleiza. He probably won't be ready to play until this time next year.

    I would much rather see Amir stay at this point and for Bargnani to be moved.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post

    I would much rather see Amir stay at this point and for Bargnani to be moved.
    AB is not going anywhere till BC is here. Plus, I am not willing to give up on AB yet. The guy can score 25 pts a games at ease and I belive under the right coaching and system and also with the right supporting cast and a Number ONE option on this team, he will be a valuable and irreplaceable piece to go forward.

    Lets face it, AB is and is getting paid like a 2nd option or even a 3rd option in a good team.

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,061
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    AB is not going anywhere till BC is here.
    sad thing is it may be true we will see. defense win championships. bargnani and defense should never be put into the same sentence unless you are saying he doesn't play it. Don't fall in love with his scoring their are other ways to win games.

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    204
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    AB is not going anywhere till BC is here. Plus, I am not willing to give up on AB yet. The guy can score 25 pts a games at ease and I belive under the right coaching and system and also with the right supporting cast and a Number ONE option on this team, he will be a valuable and irreplaceable piece to go forward.

    Lets face it, AB is and is getting paid like a 2nd option or even a 3rd option in a good team.
    Bargnani is in his 5th year and isn't getting any better. His defense has actually gotten worse. He DOESN'T score 25 pts a game with ease. He can rarely get to 20 without putting up 17 shots. Amir as the first big off the bench playing 25 minutes is more than enough time to warrant his rather average salary. Yes he is a role player, but every player on this team is a role player. Amir wins. period.

  15. #15
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,642
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    The guy can score 25 pts a games at ease
    So can anyone he's guarding.

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    1,925
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Common sense anyone?

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Good luck moving Kleiza. He probably won't be ready to play until this time next year.

    I would much rather see Amir stay at this point and for Bargnani to be moved.
    Phew, finally some common sense. As for Kleiza, I will continue to maintain that he's a good signing. Neither should be moved except for the big banana.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Kleiza sucks, Johnson is ok, Calderon sucks.
    It really doesn t matter what we do until Calderon retires or dies.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Phew, finally some common sense. As for Kleiza, I will continue to maintain that he's a good signing. .
    And what is that based on ?? His performance against the PFs in the Europe !!

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    1,925
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    And what is that based on ?? His performance against the PFs in the Europe !!
    Why is the centre of your basketball universe revolve around Andrea Bargnani? I understand mild man-crushes but this is just getting out of hand. Kleiza is a good player in the NBA and in Europe. He never got a chance to prove himself behind Carmelo in Denver and yes, his college was Maryland. At one point, Kleiza was scoring well and rebounding well. Yes, he was thrusted way too much in the starting five and was adjusting (especially when he spent most of his career off the bench). Some fans have been patient with Andrea and it's been 5 years. This is Kleiza's first year with the Raps. Please calm your tits down.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Why is the centre of your basketball universe revolve around Andrea Bargnani? I understand mild man-crushes but this is just getting out of hand. Kleiza is a good player in the NBA and in Europe. He never got a chance to prove himself behind Carmelo in Denver and yes, his college was Maryland. At one point, Kleiza was scoring well and rebounding well. Yes, he was thrusted way too much in the starting five and was adjusting (especially when he spent most of his career off the bench). Some fans have been patient with Andrea and it's been 5 years. This is Kleiza's first year with the Raps. Please calm your tits down.
    I feel kleiza tries to do too much for someone with limited physical tools, that being said he has proven in the past he is a solid role player (the poor defense prevents him from being anything more)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •