Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this summer time to move Kleiza and Amir Johnson ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brasky wrote: View Post
    You can put Amir and Davis out there at the same time depending on the matchups. This is pretty obvious. Amir's our best player anyway so he should be on the floor as much as possible.
    Amir is not our best player.Amir is a role player who is putting decent numbers in a really awful team along side a center which plays outside and has no ambition to grab rebound.

You put any decent rebounder along AB and his stat will turn into a monster rebounder, example is Evans before he got hurt !!!

On the other hand, Davis is a young talented top 10 pick in this league with ton of upside. Amir might be a better player than Davis now but coming next year, he will have no chance of catching up with him.

Playing Amir and Davis does not make sense either. Amir is offensively handicap and Davis does not have that much offensive move either. Adding to that our weakness on the SF, you will have tough time putting decent offensive numbers on the board.

All that being said, this is NOT a knock on Amir Johnson. He got over paid which is fine BUT in the future Raptor, his role with be limited and he is getting paid very too much for that small role while the money CAN GO to the SF position which we REALLY NEED.

It is all about addressing all your needs with a limited budget at hands people.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post

I would much rather see Amir stay at this point and for Bargnani to be moved.
      AB is not going anywhere till BC is here. Plus, I am not willing to give up on AB yet. The guy can score 25 pts a games at ease and I belive under the right coaching and system and also with the right supporting cast and a Number ONE option on this team, he will be a valuable and irreplaceable piece to go forward.

Lets face it, AB is and is getting paid like a 2nd option or even a 3rd option in a good team.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
        AB is not going anywhere till BC is here.
        sad thing is it may be true we will see. defense win championships. bargnani and defense should never be put into the same sentence unless you are saying he doesn't play it. Don't fall in love with his scoring their are other ways to win games.

Comment

People who think Amir is an overpaid roleplayer either haven't been watching this year or haven't been paying attention. Amir is 23 years old and he has improved his play a huge amount this year: he has cut down on fouling, he has added a mid-range shot, he has massively improved his free-throw shooting, and he has improved his ability to score in the post. He's underpaid for what he does, and he still has upside.

There are 96 minutes a game available at the two 'big' spots. That means we can play 3 players 32 minutes a game. Amir + Ed + Bargs works as a rotation.

If we can trade Amir for something better, fine: he's not indispensable. But he fits the teams current needs exactly.

Comment

malefax wrote: View Post
            People who think Amir is an overpaid roleplayer either haven't been watching this year or haven't been paying attention. Amir is 23 years old and he has improved his play a huge amount this year: he has cut down on fouling, he has added a mid-range shot, he has massively improved his free-throw shooting, and he has improved his ability to score in the post. He's underpaid for what he does, and he still has upside.
            While I don't agree with what you said above , I will ask you the following question:

Who do you think will be a better player withing 2 years , Amir or Davis ?

malefax wrote: View Post
            There are 96 minutes a game available at the two 'big' spots. That means we can play 3 players 32 minutes a game. Amir + Ed + Bargs works as a rotation.
            The problem is that we can not afford all 3 of them if we want to get a great SF that can slash to the basket and make some noise. This team needs a STAR Player , a First Option to shoot it to the next level.

Amir, AB and Davis are not that guy and Amir is now replaceable by Davis at a cheaper price.

Comment

AB is not going anywhere till BC is here. Plus, I am not willing to give up on AB yet. The guy can score 25 pts a games at ease and I belive under the right coaching and system and also with the right supporting cast and a Number ONE option on this team, he will be a valuable and irreplaceable piece to go forward.

Lets face it, AB is and is getting paid like a 2nd option or even a 3rd option in a good team.
              Bargnani is in his 5th year and isn't getting any better. His defense has actually gotten worse. He DOESN'T score 25 pts a game with ease. He can rarely get to 20 without putting up 17 shots. Amir as the first big off the bench playing 25 minutes is more than enough time to warrant his rather average salary. Yes he is a role player, but every player on this team is a role player. Amir wins. period.

Comment

The guy can score 25 pts a games at ease
                So can anyone he's guarding.

Comment

Common sense anyone?

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Good luck moving Kleiza. He probably won't be ready to play until this time next year.

I would much rather see Amir stay at this point and for Bargnani to be moved.
                  Phew, finally some common sense. As for Kleiza, I will continue to maintain that he's a good signing. Neither should be moved except for the big banana.
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Kleiza sucks, Johnson is ok, Calderon sucks.
                    It really doesn t matter what we do until Calderon retires or dies.

Comment

if you get rid of evans your left with davis, bargnani, johnson, and dorsey as big men with james johnson able to man the 4 ocassionally as well as kleiza.

calderon can go, bayless is really wearing out his welcome.

barbosa prolly won't come back.

imo, i don't think you can make anymoves until you find out your draft position.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                        if you get rid of evans your left with davis, bargnani, johnson, and dorsey as big men with james johnson able to man the 4 ocassionally as well as kleiza.

calderon can go, bayless is really wearing out his welcome.

barbosa prolly won't come back.

imo, i don't think you can make anymoves until you find out your draft position.
                        As I mentioned in another thread, I think wecan have Evan back at much cheaper rate and he will be perfect as a Back up for Davis for a limited 10-15 minutes per game.

You are also correct that James Johnson can play little bit of 4 that again makes Amir more moveable.

Barbosa is NOT going anywhere. With the posibility of the lock down and reduced CAP room, Barbosa will not leave almost 8 million dollar on the table and walk away unless BC is willing to buy him out.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                          Phew, finally some common sense. As for Kleiza, I will continue to maintain that he's a good signing. .
                          And what is that based on ?? His performance against the PFs in the Europe !!

Comment

As I mentioned in another thread, I think wecan have Evan back at much cheaper rate and he will be perfect as a Back up for Davis for a limited 10-15 minutes per game.
                            I agree. You could be paying Evans less than what Amir is making, and you hand the starting 4 to Davis. I like Amir Johson's game but I think by drafting Davis you have made his role with this team in the long term redundant. Trade him while his value is percieved to be high and get what you can for him.

There are several small forwards who could go in the top 7, and I would guess if Irving is off the board we will be drafting one of them.

Starting roster next season of AB, Davis, rookie SF, DeRozan, Calderon. Ajinca, Reggie, JJ, Barbosa, Bayless coming off of the bench. You still have room for one of Weems / Wright / Kleiza, and can probably bring back Joey Dorsey. If the roster is any thing like that we are going to need Davis to step up his scoring, and hope that who ever they draft can also score, because other than Andrea that is a big men rotation that doesn't provide you with much offence.
                            Last edited by madeupid25; Sat Mar 12, 2011, 08:48 PM.

Comment

And what is that based on ?? His performance against the PFs in the Europe !!
                              Why is the centre of your basketball universe revolve around Andrea Bargnani? I understand mild man-crushes but this is just getting out of hand. Kleiza is a good player in the NBA and in Europe. He never got a chance to prove himself behind Carmelo in Denver and yes, his college was Maryland. At one point, Kleiza was scoring well and rebounding well. Yes, he was thrusted way too much in the starting five and was adjusting (especially when he spent most of his career off the bench). Some fans have been patient with Andrea and it's been 5 years. This is Kleiza's first year with the Raps. Please calm your tits down.
                              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                                Why is the centre of your basketball universe revolve around Andrea Bargnani? I understand mild man-crushes but this is just getting out of hand. Kleiza is a good player in the NBA and in Europe. He never got a chance to prove himself behind Carmelo in Denver and yes, his college was Maryland. At one point, Kleiza was scoring well and rebounding well. Yes, he was thrusted way too much in the starting five and was adjusting (especially when he spent most of his career off the bench). Some fans have been patient with Andrea and it's been 5 years. This is Kleiza's first year with the Raps. Please calm your tits down.
                                I feel kleiza tries to do too much for someone with limited physical tools, that being said he has proven in the past he is a solid role player (the poor defense prevents him from being anything more)

Comment

Working...
                                X