Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this summer time to move Kleiza and Amir Johnson ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Some fans have been patient with Andrea and it's been 5 years. This is Kleiza's first year with the Raps. Please calm your tits down.
    People were patient with AB because he was a rookie. Keliza is not a rookie. This is Keliza as its best. The problem with Kleiza is that he is too small for PF in NBA and too slow for SF. However, he can play well in Europe because he played PF and because he had size advantage there.

I am not sure if you seen him play in Europe but almost 90% of the games, he played PF. He can not do that in Toronto as we already have Davis and Amir and Evans.

Comment

madeupid25 wrote: View Post
      I agree. You could be paying Evans less than what Amir is making, and you hand the starting 4 to Davis. I like Amir Johson's game but I think by drafting Davis you have made his role with this team in the long term redundant. Trade him while his value is percieved to be high and get what you can for him.
      This is the exact point I am trying to make. We got lucky with Davis and he has proven that he has ton of talents and alot more upside in compare to Amir. We are set in that position and only need a cheap back up there.

We are hurting in SF and PG and we need to address one through the draft and the other through the Free Agency to take the next step and matter again.

We therefore need to save our money and avoid sitting guys with big contracts on the bench and spent Wisely.

Make it Happen BC.

Comment

Ed Davis needs to be locked in a gym and shoot 40 billion foul shots and sink 30 billion of them before anybody gets more excited abut him.

55% from the line is bullshyt.

Comment

i dont seee amitr going anywhere. davis wil get more minutes next year but i dont see him really breaking out until his 3rd year. (when he finally bulks up.

could ed davis be a center in this league if he puts on 30-40 lbs ? he is currently 6'10 and 215lbs. he is only 21 and might still possibly grow another inch or 2. i tihnk he could be a good center if he puts on the weight. Think Emeka okafor who is 6'10 255. then we could keep amir johnson at Pf and play Davis at C and that makes bargs expendable. OR moves bargs to PF and that makes amir expendable
          Last edited by pesterm1; Sun Mar 13, 2011, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
            While I don't agree with what you said above , I will ask you the following question:

Who do you think will be a better player withing 2 years , Amir or Davis ?

The problem is that we can not afford all 3 of them if we want to get a great SF that can slash to the basket and make some noise. This team needs a STAR Player , a First Option to shoot it to the next level.

Amir, AB and Davis are not that guy and Amir is now replaceable by Davis at a cheaper price.
            We don't not need a SF that can slash to the basket. What we need is someone who can consistently hit the 3/consistent deep/mid 2s. This team can't do jackshit other then get to the basket. If you really want a slasher SF move Demar to 3 and get a real SG who can actually //shoot//.
            Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sun Mar 13, 2011, 01:46 AM.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
              We don't not need a SF that can slash to the basket. What we need is someone who can consistently hit the 3/consistent deep/mid 2s. This team can't do jackshit other then get to the basket. If you really want a slasher SF move Demar to 3 and get a real SG who can actually //shoot//.
              Proove to us that derozan cant shoot... and proove he will not be a decent ( 30%+ 3pt shooter in the next 2 seasons) derozan is our 2 of the future. He is a hard worker and has improoved in areas he puts time into. derozan has been shooting the 3 a little more in the last few games and i imagine he will continue that trend. his shot has good form now and i tihnk that will translate to his shot from 3 pt in the next few seasons.
              Last edited by pesterm1; Sun Mar 13, 2011, 06:38 AM.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                Proove to us that derozan cant shoot... and proove he will not be a decent ( 30%+ 3pt shooter in the next 2 seasons) derozan is our 2 of the future. He is a hard worker and has improoved in areas he puts time into. derozan has been shooting the 3 a little more in the last few games and i imagine he will continue that trend. his shot has good form now and i tihnk that will translate to his shot from 3 pt in the next few seasons.
                There is no proof Demar can knock down the 3. Just because he works hard doesn't mean he'll automatically get a consistent 3 point shooter, he's shooting 8% right now. That's insane, I know there were a lot of people comparing him to MJ's/Wade'd 3 point shooting but those guys never great 3 point shooters. They were always ok. This team needs a legit SG that can handle double teams and consistently make open 3/2s.

Comment

Another impressive game for Evans. He is making a case for himself and I think we can have him for much cheaper price next season in comparison to Amir.

Davis as well showed that even being in foul trouble he can put up numbers that are similar to Amir even in this season.
                  Time to say Goodbye to Amir Johnson and spent the money on the SF.

Comment

Reggie is a great rebounder but he can't replace the offense and blocking of Amir.

BTW Amir isn't going anywhere so get over it. It's not happening.

Comment

Reggie is a great rebounder but he can't replace the offense and blocking of Amir.

BTW Amir isn't going anywhere so get over it. It's not happening.
                      Amir's limited offence and few blocks will be more than replaced by Davis next year. Drafting Davis and his surprising growth has made Amir's role redundant. Add to the mix the possible emergence of Evans as a cheap rebounding machine and BC might just realize he made a mistake last summer.

One good thing about BC is that he is quick to fix his last summer mistakes. We have seen that with alot of his signing over the last 5 years

Amir, Pack your bag. You and Money Weems are out of T.O.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                        Amir's limited offence and few blocks will be more than replaced by Davis next year. Drafting Davis and his surprising growth has made Amir's role redundant. Add to the mix the possible emergence of Evans as a cheap rebounding machine and BC might just realize he made a mistake last summer.

One good thing about BC is that he is quick to fix his last summer mistakes. We have seen that with alot of his signing over the last 5 years

Amir, Pack your bag. You and Money Weems are out of T.O.
                        How is he limited on offense?

Comment

How is he limited on offense?
                          Have you watched any of his game ?
                          His ball handling is not that great. He has very limited post moves. His shooting range is limited. I can go on and on but I think everyone agrees here that although Amir has made some improvement on his offensive games, he is still very limited on the end of the game as a solid starter in NBA.

Comment

There are a lot of bigs with handling probs, he has a good jumphook and can dunk and his midrange is very consistent. Not to mention he has the 3rd highest fg% in the league. I highly doubt people on here think Amir is limited offensively.

Comment

There are a lot of bigs with handling probs, he has a good jumphook and can dunk and his midrange is very consistent. Not to mention he has the 3rd highest fg% in the league. I highly doubt people on here think Amir is limited offensively.
                              Yes, Amir has the same polished offensive game and ball handling of the other starting PF of the league like: Griffen, Bosh, Boozer, Dirik, Randolph. Alderige, Love, Gasol, KG, Smith, Duncen, West, Scola, Lee, Jefferson and ...
                              Do I need to mention more names of the PFs which have a better offensive games than Amir ??
                              Do you see the difference between this group and what Amir can do on the offensive end ?

Now, Answer this question:

Who do you think has more upside, Davis or Amir ?

Comment

why did BC sign Kleiza? Injury woes aside, was he in any scenario the right fit for the team? It boggled my mind when he signed him, and it continues to boggle my mind now.

Good luck getting rid of his contract.

As for Amir - depends how highly he is valued by other teams, and what they would be willing to give up. Amir is a quality back up on an elite team. As the starting PF of the Raps, arguably he is not as valuable as other pieces for this rebuilding team might be - a high pick or a combination of young players...I say keep him, unless something too good to pass up comes along.

Comment

Working...
                                X