Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 86

Thread: Is this summer time to move Kleiza and Amir Johnson ?

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    204
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    AB is not going anywhere till BC is here. Plus, I am not willing to give up on AB yet. The guy can score 25 pts a games at ease and I belive under the right coaching and system and also with the right supporting cast and a Number ONE option on this team, he will be a valuable and irreplaceable piece to go forward.

    Lets face it, AB is and is getting paid like a 2nd option or even a 3rd option in a good team.
    Bargnani is in his 5th year and isn't getting any better. His defense has actually gotten worse. He DOESN'T score 25 pts a game with ease. He can rarely get to 20 without putting up 17 shots. Amir as the first big off the bench playing 25 minutes is more than enough time to warrant his rather average salary. Yes he is a role player, but every player on this team is a role player. Amir wins. period.

  2. #22
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,291
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    The guy can score 25 pts a games at ease
    So can anyone he's guarding.

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    1,972
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Common sense anyone?

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Good luck moving Kleiza. He probably won't be ready to play until this time next year.

    I would much rather see Amir stay at this point and for Bargnani to be moved.
    Phew, finally some common sense. As for Kleiza, I will continue to maintain that he's a good signing. Neither should be moved except for the big banana.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Kleiza sucks, Johnson is ok, Calderon sucks.
    It really doesn t matter what we do until Calderon retires or dies.

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    if you get rid of evans your left with davis, bargnani, johnson, and dorsey as big men with james johnson able to man the 4 ocassionally as well as kleiza.

    calderon can go, bayless is really wearing out his welcome.

    barbosa prolly won't come back.

    imo, i don't think you can make anymoves until you find out your draft position.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    if you get rid of evans your left with davis, bargnani, johnson, and dorsey as big men with james johnson able to man the 4 ocassionally as well as kleiza.

    calderon can go, bayless is really wearing out his welcome.

    barbosa prolly won't come back.

    imo, i don't think you can make anymoves until you find out your draft position.
    As I mentioned in another thread, I think wecan have Evan back at much cheaper rate and he will be perfect as a Back up for Davis for a limited 10-15 minutes per game.

    You are also correct that James Johnson can play little bit of 4 that again makes Amir more moveable.

    Barbosa is NOT going anywhere. With the posibility of the lock down and reduced CAP room, Barbosa will not leave almost 8 million dollar on the table and walk away unless BC is willing to buy him out.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Phew, finally some common sense. As for Kleiza, I will continue to maintain that he's a good signing. .
    And what is that based on ?? His performance against the PFs in the Europe !!

  8. #28
    Raptors Republic Rookie madeupid25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    As I mentioned in another thread, I think wecan have Evan back at much cheaper rate and he will be perfect as a Back up for Davis for a limited 10-15 minutes per game.
    .
    I agree. You could be paying Evans less than what Amir is making, and you hand the starting 4 to Davis. I like Amir Johson's game but I think by drafting Davis you have made his role with this team in the long term redundant. Trade him while his value is percieved to be high and get what you can for him.

    There are several small forwards who could go in the top 7, and I would guess if Irving is off the board we will be drafting one of them.

    Starting roster next season of AB, Davis, rookie SF, DeRozan, Calderon. Ajinca, Reggie, JJ, Barbosa, Bayless coming off of the bench. You still have room for one of Weems / Wright / Kleiza, and can probably bring back Joey Dorsey. If the roster is any thing like that we are going to need Davis to step up his scoring, and hope that who ever they draft can also score, because other than Andrea that is a big men rotation that doesn't provide you with much offence.
    Last edited by madeupid25; Sat Mar 12th, 2011 at 07:48 PM.

  9. #29
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    1,972
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    And what is that based on ?? His performance against the PFs in the Europe !!
    Why is the centre of your basketball universe revolve around Andrea Bargnani? I understand mild man-crushes but this is just getting out of hand. Kleiza is a good player in the NBA and in Europe. He never got a chance to prove himself behind Carmelo in Denver and yes, his college was Maryland. At one point, Kleiza was scoring well and rebounding well. Yes, he was thrusted way too much in the starting five and was adjusting (especially when he spent most of his career off the bench). Some fans have been patient with Andrea and it's been 5 years. This is Kleiza's first year with the Raps. Please calm your tits down.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Why is the centre of your basketball universe revolve around Andrea Bargnani? I understand mild man-crushes but this is just getting out of hand. Kleiza is a good player in the NBA and in Europe. He never got a chance to prove himself behind Carmelo in Denver and yes, his college was Maryland. At one point, Kleiza was scoring well and rebounding well. Yes, he was thrusted way too much in the starting five and was adjusting (especially when he spent most of his career off the bench). Some fans have been patient with Andrea and it's been 5 years. This is Kleiza's first year with the Raps. Please calm your tits down.
    I feel kleiza tries to do too much for someone with limited physical tools, that being said he has proven in the past he is a solid role player (the poor defense prevents him from being anything more)

  11. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Some fans have been patient with Andrea and it's been 5 years. This is Kleiza's first year with the Raps. Please calm your tits down.
    People were patient with AB because he was a rookie. Keliza is not a rookie. This is Keliza as its best. The problem with Kleiza is that he is too small for PF in NBA and too slow for SF. However, he can play well in Europe because he played PF and because he had size advantage there.

    I am not sure if you seen him play in Europe but almost 90% of the games, he played PF. He can not do that in Toronto as we already have Davis and Amir and Evans.

  12. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote madeupid25 wrote: View Post
    I agree. You could be paying Evans less than what Amir is making, and you hand the starting 4 to Davis. I like Amir Johson's game but I think by drafting Davis you have made his role with this team in the long term redundant. Trade him while his value is percieved to be high and get what you can for him.
    This is the exact point I am trying to make. We got lucky with Davis and he has proven that he has ton of talents and alot more upside in compare to Amir. We are set in that position and only need a cheap back up there.

    We are hurting in SF and PG and we need to address one through the draft and the other through the Free Agency to take the next step and matter again.

    We therefore need to save our money and avoid sitting guys with big contracts on the bench and spent Wisely.

    Make it Happen BC.

  13. #33
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    147
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ed Davis needs to be locked in a gym and shoot 40 billion foul shots and sink 30 billion of them before anybody gets more excited abut him.

    55% from the line is bullshyt.

  14. #34
    Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    768
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i dont seee amitr going anywhere. davis wil get more minutes next year but i dont see him really breaking out until his 3rd year. (when he finally bulks up.

    could ed davis be a center in this league if he puts on 30-40 lbs ? he is currently 6'10 and 215lbs. he is only 21 and might still possibly grow another inch or 2. i tihnk he could be a good center if he puts on the weight. Think Emeka okafor who is 6'10 255. then we could keep amir johnson at Pf and play Davis at C and that makes bargs expendable. OR moves bargs to PF and that makes amir expendable
    Last edited by pesterm1; Sun Mar 13th, 2011 at 12:02 AM.

  15. #35
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,753
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    While I don't agree with what you said above , I will ask you the following question:

    Who do you think will be a better player withing 2 years , Amir or Davis ?





    The problem is that we can not afford all 3 of them if we want to get a great SF that can slash to the basket and make some noise. This team needs a STAR Player , a First Option to shoot it to the next level.

    Amir, AB and Davis are not that guy and Amir is now replaceable by Davis at a cheaper price.
    We don't not need a SF that can slash to the basket. What we need is someone who can consistently hit the 3/consistent deep/mid 2s. This team can't do jackshit other then get to the basket. If you really want a slasher SF move Demar to 3 and get a real SG who can actually //shoot//.
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sun Mar 13th, 2011 at 12:46 AM.

  16. #36
    Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    768
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    We don't not need a SF that can slash to the basket. What we need is someone who can consistently hit the 3/consistent deep/mid 2s. This team can't do jackshit other then get to the basket. If you really want a slasher SF move Demar to 3 and get a real SG who can actually //shoot//.
    Proove to us that derozan cant shoot... and proove he will not be a decent ( 30%+ 3pt shooter in the next 2 seasons) derozan is our 2 of the future. He is a hard worker and has improoved in areas he puts time into. derozan has been shooting the 3 a little more in the last few games and i imagine he will continue that trend. his shot has good form now and i tihnk that will translate to his shot from 3 pt in the next few seasons.
    Last edited by pesterm1; Sun Mar 13th, 2011 at 06:38 AM.

  17. #37
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,753
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    Proove to us that derozan cant shoot... and proove he will not be a decent ( 30%+ 3pt shooter in the next 2 seasons) derozan is our 2 of the future. He is a hard worker and has improoved in areas he puts time into. derozan has been shooting the 3 a little more in the last few games and i imagine he will continue that trend. his shot has good form now and i tihnk that will translate to his shot from 3 pt in the next few seasons.
    There is no proof Demar can knock down the 3. Just because he works hard doesn't mean he'll automatically get a consistent 3 point shooter, he's shooting 8% right now. That's insane, I know there were a lot of people comparing him to MJ's/Wade'd 3 point shooting but those guys never great 3 point shooters. They were always ok. This team needs a legit SG that can handle double teams and consistently make open 3/2s.

  18. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Another impressive game for Evans. He is making a case for himself and I think we can have him for much cheaper price next season in comparison to Amir.

    Davis as well showed that even being in foul trouble he can put up numbers that are similar to Amir even in this season.
    Time to say Goodbye to Amir Johnson and spent the money on the SF.

  19. #39
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,753
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Reggie is a great rebounder but he can't replace the offense and blocking of Amir.

    BTW Amir isn't going anywhere so get over it. It's not happening.

  20. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Reggie is a great rebounder but he can't replace the offense and blocking of Amir.

    BTW Amir isn't going anywhere so get over it. It's not happening.
    Amir's limited offence and few blocks will be more than replaced by Davis next year. Drafting Davis and his surprising growth has made Amir's role redundant. Add to the mix the possible emergence of Evans as a cheap rebounding machine and BC might just realize he made a mistake last summer.

    One good thing about BC is that he is quick to fix his last summer mistakes. We have seen that with alot of his signing over the last 5 years

    Amir, Pack your bag. You and Money Weems are out of T.O.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •