Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: just a funny comment from S-Jax

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    557
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default just a funny comment from S-Jax

    From espn's recap:

    Toronto's Reggie Evans had 17 rebounds, his third straight double-digit performance after missing 47 games with a broken foot.

    "I wish he was on my team. I love the way he plays," Jackson said, referring to his opponent as "mad man Evans."

    lol Mad Man Evans. Time for Devlin to get on the Mad Man Evans bandwagon!

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,752
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote verbatim wrote: View Post
    From espn's recap:

    Toronto's Reggie Evans had 17 rebounds, his third straight double-digit performance after missing 47 games with a broken foot.

    "I wish he was on my team. I love the way he plays," Jackson said, referring to his opponent as "mad man Evans."

    lol Mad Man Evans. Time for Devlin to get on the Mad Man Evans bandwagon!
    I wonder if that is a dig at Jordan?

    Probably not but, as we all know, he could have been on the Bobcats.

  3. #3
    Administrator Arsenalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,208
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If only Reggie were healthy. Imagine if the Raptors had acquired Evans at the 2006-07 trade deadline when he was available? We would have gone into the Nets playoff series with that guy as a backup PF, would have liked to see Mikki Goddam Moore dominate us then!

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I know we probably don't have room for him,but I'd love to keep Reggie here. He is just so entertaining to watch. Him and Dorsey are probably my favorite Raptors to watch play.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Starter GameBreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    Posts
    352
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote hateslosing wrote: View Post
    I know we probably don't have room for him,but I'd love to keep Reggie here. He is just so entertaining to watch. Him and Dorsey are probably my favorite Raptors to watch play.


    Reggie:

    ďWe love each other. We feed off each other. They work hard to pay for a ticket so Iíve got to meet them halfway with hard work on that court. Weíve got a bond with each other and it just feels good to have a good relationship with the fans.Ē

    - this guy has the heart that we, as fans, ask of a player. This guy KNOWS and ACCEPTS his role. He has been injured and for long stints at a time but, when he comes back, he comes back ready to get it in. Bottom line. He puts up double figure rebounds, no matter what the game looks like for us. He makes our rebounding stats a bit better, no matter how you wanna look at it. Numbers just go up...that's it.

    - the quote above is what we, as fans, should want him to stay right where he is. He CARES, yo!! He isn't complaining about nothing and is grateful. He cares NOTHING about superstars that come here with their flash and expectancies to roll over us. Nooooo...he'll play EVERY Dwight Howard, Shaq, LBJ, etc. as if you ain't **** on a stick. And he gets under your skin. The players like that in NBA's history have all helped their team win rings and become successful, by getting under the skin of other superstars..thus, taking them out of their game and comfort zone...that just smells of GAME CHANGER to me. #ASSET

    - For the bigs that we want to acquire in the draft, Reggie is JUST that kind of guy they need to look up to. He is a vocal leader, that we didn't have in a guy that we threw millions of dollars to, in many occasions in our franchise..VC, Bosh. He's like another coach on the bench and when he's on the floor, no possession is taken off.

    - His conditioning is another thing that is a plus. When he gets injured and comes back, his only main problem is cardio. Reggie heals very well when it comes to the TYPES of injuries he's endured. He's a very strong guy, but most importantly, not intimidated by the bigger guys than him. He's also showed flashes of being a pretty good passer, as well, lately. Which is a plus, if your big can do that.

    - Lastly, he does not complain about minutes or plays being made for him. he just understands the game and the needs of our team. ya can't ask for anything better than that from a player(s).

    This, in my opinion, is why we need the likes of Reggie.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.


    "My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,752
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote GameBreaker wrote: View Post
    Reggie:




    - this guy has the heart that we, as fans, ask of a player. This guy KNOWS and ACCEPTS his role. He has been injured and for long stints at a time but, when he comes back, he comes back ready to get it in. Bottom line. He puts up double figure rebounds, no matter what the game looks like for us. He makes our rebounding stats a bit better, no matter how you wanna look at it. Numbers just go up...that's it.

    - the quote above is what we, as fans, should want him to stay right where he is. He CARES, yo!! He isn't complaining about nothing and is grateful. He cares NOTHING about superstars that come here with their flash and expectancies to roll over us. Nooooo...he'll play EVERY Dwight Howard, Shaq, LBJ, etc. as if you ain't **** on a stick. And he gets under your skin. The players like that in NBA's history have all helped their team win rings and become successful, by getting under the skin of other superstars..thus, taking them out of their game and comfort zone...that just smells of GAME CHANGER to me. #ASSET

    - For the bigs that we want to acquire in the draft, Reggie is JUST that kind of guy they need to look up to. He is a vocal leader, that we didn't have in a guy that we threw millions of dollars to, in many occasions in our franchise..VC, Bosh. He's like another coach on the bench and when he's on the floor, no possession is taken off.

    - His conditioning is another thing that is a plus. When he gets injured and comes back, his only main problem is cardio. Reggie heals very well when it comes to the TYPES of injuries he's endured. He's a very strong guy, but most importantly, not intimidated by the bigger guys than him. He's also showed flashes of being a pretty good passer, as well, lately. Which is a plus, if your big can do that.

    - Lastly, he does not complain about minutes or plays being made for him. he just understands the game and the needs of our team. ya can't ask for anything better than that from a player(s).

    This, in my opinion, is why we need the likes of Reggie.
    I agree with everything you said. The problem is if he was a good of a player as he is a person/professional there would be no need for discussion as to if he is back with the team or not. If they could get him on a cheap contract with the understanding you are our current Joey Dorsey, that would be ideal. It probably won't work out that way though - unfortunately.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    85
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I would absolutely love to keep Reggie. He makes the team so much tougher and he also masks the defensive defencies of other players like Bargnani. The problem is however:
    1. Does he want to stay another 3 years or so on a rebuilding team. I believe he's 31, not old, but the way he plays, he may be out of the NBA by 34 or 35. So, he might want to play on a team that contend right now.
    2. Money-wise, if he wants anything close to the $5 million/year he's getting now, I can't see BC resigning him. If you could get him for 3 years at $3 million/year or so, you might be able to do a deal.
    3. Will his presence take away playing time from our young kids: Davis, Johnson, even Dorsey?
    4. Injuries: He's not getting younger and the nightly pounding he takes might take its toll on him. So, will his ability decline over time?

    Lots of uncertainty heading into this off-season.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    858
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bayless also in the postgame mentioned that Reggie is essentially his favourite teammate, and he hopes that Reggie will be on the team for a long time to come.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •