Which Bigs to keep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I meant no sarcasm, so hopefully no offense taken as none meant.

If Bargnani and ED play 35 mins each, that still leaves 26 mins per game. Then consider foul trouble and injury that are bound to happen. Amir, IMO, is a valued and needed piece moving forward.
    The oakley comment kinda irked me a bit, but i take no offense. unintended jab, forgotten.

I agree. the team should keep amir. but the 26 per game, IMO maybe a bit two much. He cant be substituting for two players. Im sure there will be a center that has to sub in for Bargs, probably Dorsey. If you look at the past games, when all 5 starters play more than 35 mins, the 6th man usually gets 20 or less minutes. might not always be the case on every given night, but amir cant be subbing for both bargs and ed.

i do hope they find a way to keep both amir and ed while bargnani is on the team too. but i do hope BC is able to get a lopsided deal for bargs. wishful thinking.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
      Oh, you said to take into account how much they're making. I missed that part. In that case, here's my list:
      Amir Johnson
      Ed Davis
      Now that makes me laugh. In a way true for me as well, just added in the Dorsey/Ajinca for the cheap bench fillers with specific roles.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
        I do hope they find a way to keep both amir and ed while bargnani is on the team too. but i do hope BC is able to get a lopsided deal for bargs. wishful thinking.
        No kidding me too. Still pushing for a Bargs for Biedrins and GS 1st round pick.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
          No kidding me too. Still pushing for a Bargs for Biedrins and GS 1st round pick.
          Biedrins....sorry.....Biedrins????

Comment

trade every big for andrew bynum
            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Last year there were many fans in here who didn't want the Raptors to trade Chris Bosh for Andrew Bynum because of Bynum's past health issues.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                Biedrins....sorry.....Biedrins????
                Defense...yes...defense.

Comment

In order

Team 1) Amir, Drea. 2) Evans, Ed. 3) Dorsey, Alabi.

Lets look at this team now, with 15 players.

1) Jose, Bayless
                  2)Derozan, Barbosa
                  3)Johnson, Kleiza, Weems, Wright
                  4)Amir, Evans, Dorsey
                  5)Drea, Ed, Ajinca, Alabi

Let, Ajinca and Wright walk draft a point-guard and bring in another 2/3 player.
                  -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                  -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                    I agree. the team should keep amir. but the 26 per game, IMO maybe a bit two much. He cant be substituting for two players. Im sure there will be a center that has to sub in for Bargs, probably Dorsey. If you look at the past games, when all 5 starters play more than 35 mins, the 6th man usually gets 20 or less minutes. might not always be the case on every given night, but amir cant be subbing for both bargs and ed.

i do hope they find a way to keep both amir and ed while bargnani is on the team too. but i do hope BC is able to get a lopsided deal for bargs. wishful thinking.
                    Most teams have a three man rotation with their bigs. Depending on injuries or match ups, Amir might get 15 minutes one night and 35 the next. For the next 4 years the most they'll pay for the three is $20M. Compare that to CHA with $24M tied up in Diaw, Diop, and Thomas. Atlanta with $31M tied up in Horford/Smith/Pachualia. LAL with nearly $40M tied up in Bynum/Gasol/Odom. For me, money or playing time isn't the issue, it is can they win together. That will take time to figure out. A rebounding/defending SF certainly makes me think there is a high likelyhood.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Most teams have a three man rotation with their bigs. Depending on injuries or match ups, Amir might get 15 minutes one night and 35 the next. For the next 4 years the most they'll pay for the three is $20M. Compare that to CHA with $24M tied up in Diaw, Diop, and Thomas. Atlanta with $31M tied up in Horford/Smith/Pachualia. LAL with nearly $40M tied up in Bynum/Gasol/Odom. For me, money or playing time isn't the issue, it is can they win together. That will take time to figure out. A rebounding/defending SF certainly makes me think there is a high likelyhood.
                      You are definitely right. most teams have a three man rotation with their bigs. ive looked at dallas, lakers, spurs and they do have 3 bigs rotating on a given night. and it works, bynum gets 32mins, gasol 30, and odom ends up with 26. so i guess it could work. and what i also realized is Amir is very much capable of putting up numbers with small minutes. so hopefully it would work. my only concern is both amir and ed dont have bodies that can go up against the likes of dwight, perkins, bynum, etc.

i also noticed the more money you pay, the better chance of getting a title. case and point, your examples on how much the combined salaries are for the bigs.

Comment

Keeping Bargnani, Amir and Davis as your three main frontcourt players is going to get you more of the same that we've seen all year. Davis and Amir trying to cover up for the fact that Bargnani can't defend or rebound, and more losing. I want to win, so I'd keep the players who can defend and do the little things. It would be nice to be able to replace Bargnani with a center who can score, rebound AND defend, but at this point, I'd take a rebounder and defender and hope that Davis develops offensively and leave most of the scoring up to the wings.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                          Keeping Bargnani, Amir and Davis as your three main frontcourt players is going to get you more of the same that we've seen all year. Davis and Amir trying to cover up for the fact that Bargnani can't defend or rebound, and more losing. I want to win, so I'd keep the players who can defend and do the little things. It would be nice to be able to replace Bargnani with a center who can score, rebound AND defend, but at this point, I'd take a rebounder and defender and hope that Davis develops offensively and leave most of the scoring up to the wings.
                          Your totally right, i think we need to throw out bargnani and bring in a rebounding monster who can also defend.

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                            Your totally right, i think we need to throw out bargnani and bring in a rebounding monster who can also defend.
                            Absolutely.
                            Tim W. wrote: View Post
                            I know Multi takes swings at me for it but I like the Bargs for Biedrins push. It works money wise now, Biedrins is a 12/12 guy who runs and plays good defense. (and is out of favour with the 'what is defense' Warriors. They are shopping him and we should get a pick as a reward for taking him and giving them another scorer.)
                            Offense: We lose, what 8-10 pts from Bargs to Andris (which we of course look to make up with a stellar SF coming in ala Barnes/TJones/DWilliams/etc and a new PG this year or next, consistency from the growth of Derozan and ED.) plus their 1st rounder this year or next. We can get say a Kemba Walker or Nolan with that pick and Barnes with ours for instance. Or I really prefer chasing Myck Kabongo next year.

Defensively we gain points (major?) with the switch out of Andris for Bargs, we improve morale (see below) and balance the floor better (ya ya come on out with the Bargs spreads the floor crap when he shoots a worse 3pt% than Lamar Odom.)

Morale: how does it make the young guys feel when they work their asses off and Bargs stands and watches with his mouth hanging open (without consequence from the coaching staff). Hey I used to like this guy, but now I want to body slam him into voltage wires just to get some energy into him for more than 1 in 20 games.

Comment

bargnani and alabi for varejao and harangody in offseason
                              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                                I know Multi takes swings at me for it but I like the Bargs for Biedrins push. It works money wise now, Biedrins is a 12/12 guy who runs and plays good defense. (and is out of favour with the 'what is defense' Warriors. They are shopping him and we should get a pick as a reward for taking him and giving them another scorer.)
                                Offense: We lose, what 8-10 pts from Bargs to Andris (which we of course look to make up with a stellar SF coming in ala Barnes/TJones/DWilliams/etc and a new PG this year or next, consistency from the growth of Derozan and ED.) plus their 1st rounder this year or next. We can get say a Kemba Walker or Nolan with that pick and Barnes with ours for instance. Or I really prefer chasing Myck Kabongo next year.

Defensively we gain points (major?) with the switch out of Andris for Bargs, we improve morale (see below) and balance the floor better (ya ya come on out with the Bargs spreads the floor crap when he shoots a worse 3pt% than Lamar Odom.)

Morale: how does it make the young guys feel when they work their asses off and Bargs stands and watches with his mouth hanging open (without consequence from the coaching staff). Hey I used to like this guy, but now I want to body slam him into voltage wires just to get some energy into him for more than 1 in 20 games.
                                Biedrins actually isn't a good defender. He grabs rebounds and blocks some shots, but he's not a good defender, especially on the ball. I used to like Biedrins, but I think he's played on a bad team with absolutely no focus on defense for too long. I fear he's gone the way of Corey Maggette.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X