Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Raptors MMA- Bargs is GSP

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Raptors MMA- Bargs is GSP

MMA and hoops are very different, individual vs team sports, but both require grit, tenacity, and dedication, as well as the ability to overcome adversity and overwhelming odds.

The Raptors share alot of similarities with MMA fighters. Here is my take, what do you guys think:

Bargs- GSP: multi talented, diverse, born champion, fearless

Jose- Uriah Faber: short, getting old, still got skills, needs to switch weight classes (teams)

Derozan- Jon Bones Jones: young, infinitely talented, getting better with each match

J Johnson- J Johnson: the man is who he is , and he can throw down already.

A Johnson- Kimbo Slice: tough, sloppy, flashes of brilliance but can get shutdown easily

J Bayless- Gegard Mousasi: fast, talented, multi faceted, future big league champ

A Ajinca- Stefan Struve- tall, lanky, packs a 1-2 punch and is underrated

E Davis- Brock Lesnar- a beast, still new to the game, lots of potential, hard nosed

L Barbosa- Anderson Silva- phenom, explosive, equal parts exhilerating and agitating

S Weems- Nate Diaz- mildly entertaining, not a starter, talks trash

Solomon Alabi- Melvin Manhouf- had success in other leagues

Joey Dorsey- Matt Mittrione- sleeper hit, getting better, needs more burn

Linas Kleiza- Dennis Siver- European, bulky, hits hard, needs some more burn too

Julian Wright- Shinya Aoki- quick, crafty, can tap you out in different ways

Reggie: Alistair Overeem, the Demolition Man
    Last edited by Multipaul; Mon Mar 14th, 2011 at 12:56 PM.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to have you back, MultiPaul.

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    MMA and hoops are very different, individual vs team sports, but both require grit, tenacity, and dedication, as well as the ability to overcome adversity and overwhelming odds.

The Raptors share alot of similarities with MMA fighters. Here is my take, what do you guys think:

Jose- Uriah Faber: short, getting old, still got skills, needs to switch weight classes (teams)

Derozan- Jon Bones Jones: young, infinitely talented, getting better with each match

A Johnson- Kimbo Slice: tough, sloppy, flashes of brilliance but can get shutdown easily

J Bayless- Gegard Mousasi: fast, talented, multi faceted, future big league champ

E Davis- Brock Lesnar- a beast, still new to the game, lots of potential, hard nosed

L Barbosa- Anderson Silva- phenom, explosive, equal parts exhilerating and agitating

Linas Kleiza- Dennis Siver- European, bulky, hits hard, needs some more burn too

your Bargnani Delusions never cease to amaze me.... he is none of what u listed...

& u missed Reggie Aka Kimbo Slice LOL

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

OOPS:

Reggie: Alistair Overeem, the Demolition Man

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Umm, not to steal your thunder but I was thinking of the Raps as WWE Characters, the starting five as the Village People or the Jacksons. I was also thinking of the Raps as Canadian Prime Ministers, Justice League Superheroes, "What-Occupation-Can-They-Do-If-They're-Not-Ballers", etc. The list goes on-and-on.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Umm, not to steal your thunder but I was thinking of the Raps as WWE Characters, the starting five as the Village People or the Jacksons. I was also thinking of the Raps as Canadian Prime Ministers, Justice League Superheroes, "What-Occupation-Can-They-Do-If-They're-Not-Ballers", etc. The list goes on-and-on.
    Can you do all of those, please and thank you. hahah

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

King Sheamus!

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I should have guessed it was your thread Multipaul. Whats up man? You've got some good ideas. Some are a little off like Bargnani being Fearless lol. But hey good effort man. Like the thread.

P.S. I used to like wresting as a kid but grew out of it. Now im starting to get back into it here and there cause they've brought back some big stars.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
    I should have guessed it was your thread Multipaul. Whats up man? You've got some good ideas. Some are a little off like Bargnani being Fearless lol. But hey good effort man. Like the thread.

P.S. I used to like wresting as a kid but grew out of it. Now im starting to get back into it here and there cause they've brought back some big stars.
    That be true, The Rock, aka Bargs, Austin, aka Reggie, and Triple H, aka...ummm...ok no one, are back!

Raptors Republic Starter bloodyhandedgod's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Andrea Bargnani as GSP.

:blink:

“I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is awesome. The Bargs comparison just means ur looking for a fight!

And Silva as Barbosa...well they're both Brazilian.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargs has the heart of a lion, he's not afraid to take the big shot in order to save the team. Just like GSP, he's only satisfied if he can truly finish the fight. He doesn't lose his cool or focus, and always has his eye on the prize, just like King Tupac Bargs.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargs has the heart of a lion, he's not afraid to take the big shot in order to save the team. Just like GSP, he's only satisfied if he can truly finish the fight. He doesn't lose his cool or focus, and always has his eye on the prize, just like King Tupac Bargs.
    I honestly can't tell if ur joking. haha.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    I honestly can't tell if ur joking. haha.
    People hate on bargs for missing his shots in the clutch sometimes. But the only way to win is to take the chance, believe in yourself, and go for it. Like GSP. Believe in yourself, don't listen to the haters, and focus on the prize. Make or miss, it takes a strong resolve and will to just take the shot, and put your team on your back.

Post Thanks / Like

People hate on bargs for missing his shots in the clutch sometimes. But the only way to win is to take the chance, believe in yourself, and go for it. Like GSP. Believe in yourself, don't listen to the haters, and focus on the prize. Make or miss, it takes a strong resolve and will to just take the shot, and put your team on your back.
    Interesting analogies. As for Bargnani's, GSP is a champion and Bargnani is..... well, not.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Interesting analogies. As for Bargnani's, GSP is a champion and Bargnani is..... well, not.
    Yet...

Post Thanks / Like

Yet...
    Hopefully.

Raptors Republic Rookie noxleno's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

...the only way to win is to take the chance, believe in yourself, and go for it. And just before you throw down your fearless dunk, contort your body and make things harder by attempting a finesse lay-up while avoiding potentially career-ending physical contact. Injured players miss out on opportunities to thrill the girls back home with their fearless demeanor and never-give-up gelled hair.

Raptors Republic Rookie Jordan-Drexler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah multipaul, it seems like you've taken one too many Bro Kicks to the head
    What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"What-Occupation-Can-They-Do-If-They're-Not-Ballers"
    Ok I will bite:

Bargs - Tech Support

Jose - Cell Phone salesman.

Derozan - working for Master P.

J Johnson- MMA Fighter

A Johnson- DJ at a club

J Bayless- an architect

A Ajinca- a translator