Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Another Day, Another Loss

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another Day, Another Loss

This post is fueled by my anger against one of my friends. I was watching today's (March 16) game and it was just terrible. First of all bargnani has to pass the ball... He cant just huck up shots. Whenever he got the ball it was almost certain that he was going to shoot, he would only pass if he was double or tripled teamed.

Lets compare bargnani and derozan's numbers, i know that they are two different players with two different positions but...

They both made 8 field goals. But wait... it only took derozan 11 shots while bargnani took 20... 20 fucking shots...

Derozan at the 2 guard had 3 rebounds while Bargnani at the 5 spot had 4... WTF??

now comes the part I really want to discuss, my friend came late to my house at the end of the 4th quarter and he checked the box-score of this game and was all like... wow everyone sucked except bargnani.

FACE PALM

I actually yelled at him for at least 10 minutes on how stupid he was. I hate those people who only care about getting points, even if it takes them a ton of shots to get to that number of shots.

Tell my what you think, and im almost certain that at least 5 people are going to disagree with me saying that
    "OMG Bargnani is so good, were so lucky to have him"
    "Look at his ppg, its the best on the team, he's the best player"

I welcome these comments of bullshit, i like laughing at them

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You're pretty much beating a dead horse around these parts man!

The "fanboys" will think you're an idiot for suggesting this, and the rest of us can't get it through their head that the dude can only score, not very efficiently I may add.

I plan on taking the rest of the season for what it is, and hope BC does his job this summer.

P.S. I'm sure you'll get a few more than 5 fanboys screaming at you, your abs should get a nice workout!
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The pregame Primo pasta must have been crap.

No need to get worked up...not too many games left...draft pick position getting solidified...the games mean nothing anymore

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

yea man it's a late post, but the feelings been there for a while now, its just that my stupid friend just made my blow up so i had to do SOMETHING about it. What i don't get is if barny misses a shot, he gets the ball back and another opporutinty to shoot and miss again and again.

Raptors Republic Rookie webcrawler89's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah man, we've all been there. I'm pretty much done for the season, don't care how we win/lose anymore, as long as our young guys develop and we can get a decent draft pick.

I seriously suggest watching other teams playoff bound teams instead, this is where it starts to get interesting.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I have said it before, Bargnani has to become a better shooter. He needs to work his ass off and shoot hundreds a day with a shooting coach who smacks him upside the head everytime he daydreams. His role needs to be defined as an offensive weapon who truly spreads the court. 45% from behind the arc needed.

I have a theory about Bargnani, whom I think can be a key for a winning team if he becomes a better shooter. I like the guy. I just think it might be lost in translation that he is really dumb. Or, at least, court dumb. He seems to really not be able to get a grip on when to provide help defence. Has anyone looked into the idea that he may be the Pedro Guerrerro of basketball - just not bright.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargs is a back up center for fucks sake i just cant complain anymore. We just need that pick it may not solve the problems but its a step forward .

Raptors Republic Starter blaze89's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

its been said and said again, bargs is what he is and will always be that way. until BC does his job (assuming he even has a job with us after this summer) by trading his sorry ass then well be re-living the same thing were used to seeing: an unfluid offence being run through a nub who will basically hoist up every shot he gets until he gets his.
    such a waste im actually glad when hes not in the line-up because i think the offence runs more effeciently

Raptors Republic Starter tonious35's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The starting five on our team are not just lacking the proper level of talent and skill, and B-Ball IQ...they lack the personalities and presence that makes one player want to push another player and themselves to try harder because they fear or respect that teammate (excluding Reggie, despite his stone hands). Same goes with the lame-duck head coach Triano, continuing to harp on the refs calls and not harping on the players to emphasize what they need to watch out for and play smarter. To add to it, PJ Carlesimo shows why Durant and Westbrook are so happy not to have him coaching them anymore.

With Bargs being labeled as the "most talented and unfortunately most paid", I have a feeling that the other players are not playing around him with the proper respect. I am not tracking and have no idea who is the one coming to the gym 5 am in the morning when there is no practice scheduled, but I got a weird feeling Bargnani is not fulfilling those extra hour goals. Along with a GM and Ass-GM spoiling him with a starting lineup spot and guaranteed minutes.
    Last edited by tonious35; Thu Mar 17th, 2011 at 01:16 AM.

Raptors Republic Starter tonious35's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Greg Monroe, a rookie out of Georgetown, molested Bargs all game as a center in the stats department, 'nuff said.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Very original post, dill.

Not a great game for the Bargmeister, but hey, if a duck flies south in the wind, do u you shoot the duck, or say hey 'lets make some biscuits and eggs' and forget these lame turkeys. Basically that's what this season is all about, isn't it?

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Very original post, dill.

Not a great game for the Bargmeister, but hey, if a duck flies south in the wind, do u you shoot the duck, or say hey 'lets make some biscuits and eggs' and forget these lame turkeys. Basically that's what this season is all about, isn't it?
    I'm actually going to wait and watch for the last home game when either Colangelo or a player speaks to the crowd. What the heck are they going to say?
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Starter knickz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i wanted to break my laptop because of andrea...flu my ass...this guy gives 0 effort every single game
    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Raptors Republic Starter knickz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

did anyone see him loose the opening tip to big ben?
    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    I'm actually going to wait and watch for the last home game when either Colangelo or a player speaks to the crowd. What the heck are they going to say?
    They better be wearing teflon vests is all I'm sayin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Probably "sorry we didn't do better. This is how rebuilds go. We'll be far better next year."

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny, having watched the game, it looked like a collective loss to me. In the 4th qtr we pulled it close, then I witnessed Weems and Barbo chuck bricks repeatedly and the DET lead escalated. I switched over to watching OKC pwn MIA and watched the final TOR score scroll along the bottom.

It was a team failure and the same script as most games this year- get in a hole, make a hard push at the end, then revert to chucking bricks. Anyone get the feeling we are trying to lose on purpose?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Funny, having watched the game, it looked like a collective loss to me. In the 4th qtr we pulled it close, then I witnessed Weems and Barbo chuck bricks repeatedly and the DET lead escalated. I switched over to watching OKC pwn MIA and watched the final TOR score scroll along the bottom.

It was a team failure and the same script as most games this year- get in a hole, make a hard push at the end, then revert to chucking bricks. Anyone get the feeling we are trying to lose on purpose?
    funny how that works huh? When the team loses its a 'collective loss', except when Bargs has a nice scoring line then its everyone elses fault. When the team wins it was all due to Bargnani (no matter what he does that day).

A team is like a chain, and only as strong as its weakest link. Bargnani IS this team weak link. This team will not start to show improvement until his minutes and usage change. Until efficient hard working players are allowed to get more time and more experience.

Then ofcourse you have the issue of $10 mil riding the pine... and eating up what could very well end up being 1/5th of the teams salary. The reality is Bargnani is potentially terrible for this teams future.

Multipaul your avatar is amazing. And since I'm all for gay rights I say stand up and be proud.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GarbageTime wrote: View Post
    funny how that works huh? When the team loses its a 'collective loss', except when Bargs has a nice scoring line then its everyone elses fault. When the team wins it was all due to Bargnani (no matter what he does that day).

A team is like a chain, and only as strong as its weakest link. Bargnani IS this team weak link. This team will not start to show improvement until his minutes and usage change. Until efficient hard working players are allowed to get more time and more experience.

Then ofcourse you have the issue of $10 mil riding the pine... and eating up what could very well end up being 1/5th of the teams salary. The reality is Bargnani is potentially terrible for this teams future.

Multipaul your avatar is amazing. And since I'm all for gay rights I say stand up and be proud.
    Your gay rights comment should get you an infraction or at least banned.

Let me roll over and ask your mom what she thinks..

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Multipaul;71427]Your gay rights comment should get you an infraction or at least banned. QUOTE]

being for gay rights should get me banned? Dude thats pretty homophobic.

Ah well, they do say that those who are strongest against homosexuality and homosexual rights do have a tendency they hide tightly in a closet....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information