This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    I'm actually going to wait and watch for the last home game when either Colangelo or a player speaks to the crowd. What the heck are they going to say?
    Probably "sorry we didn't do better. This is how rebuilds go. We'll be far better next year."

Comment

Funny, having watched the game, it looked like a collective loss to me. In the 4th qtr we pulled it close, then I witnessed Weems and Barbo chuck bricks repeatedly and the DET lead escalated. I switched over to watching OKC pwn MIA and watched the final TOR score scroll along the bottom.

It was a team failure and the same script as most games this year- get in a hole, make a hard push at the end, then revert to chucking bricks. Anyone get the feeling we are trying to lose on purpose?

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
        Funny, having watched the game, it looked like a collective loss to me. In the 4th qtr we pulled it close, then I witnessed Weems and Barbo chuck bricks repeatedly and the DET lead escalated. I switched over to watching OKC pwn MIA and watched the final TOR score scroll along the bottom.

It was a team failure and the same script as most games this year- get in a hole, make a hard push at the end, then revert to chucking bricks. Anyone get the feeling we are trying to lose on purpose?
        funny how that works huh? When the team loses its a 'collective loss', except when Bargs has a nice scoring line then its everyone elses fault. When the team wins it was all due to Bargnani (no matter what he does that day).

A team is like a chain, and only as strong as its weakest link. Bargnani IS this team weak link. This team will not start to show improvement until his minutes and usage change. Until efficient hard working players are allowed to get more time and more experience.

Then ofcourse you have the issue of $10 mil riding the pine... and eating up what could very well end up being 1/5th of the teams salary. The reality is Bargnani is potentially terrible for this teams future.

Multipaul your avatar is amazing. And since I'm all for gay rights I say stand up and be proud.

Comment

GarbageTime wrote: View Post
          funny how that works huh? When the team loses its a 'collective loss', except when Bargs has a nice scoring line then its everyone elses fault. When the team wins it was all due to Bargnani (no matter what he does that day).

A team is like a chain, and only as strong as its weakest link. Bargnani IS this team weak link. This team will not start to show improvement until his minutes and usage change. Until efficient hard working players are allowed to get more time and more experience.

Then ofcourse you have the issue of $10 mil riding the pine... and eating up what could very well end up being 1/5th of the teams salary. The reality is Bargnani is potentially terrible for this teams future.

Multipaul your avatar is amazing. And since I'm all for gay rights I say stand up and be proud.
          Your gay rights comment should get you an infraction or at least banned.

Let me roll over and ask your mom what she thinks..

Comment

[QUOTE=Multipaul;71427]Your gay rights comment should get you an infraction or at least banned. QUOTE]

being for gay rights should get me banned? Dude thats pretty homophobic.

Ah well, they do say that those who are strongest against homosexuality and homosexual rights do have a tendency they hide tightly in a closet....

Comment

Both of you (Multipaul and GarbageTime), cut out your nonsense, please. Thank you.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                Both of you (Multipaul and GarbageTime), cut out your nonsense, please. Thank you.
                +1

FYI, I was simply defending myself from his heinous and uncalled for comment

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                  Ah free speech. Both the best and worst thing democracy (and the internet for that matter) has to offer is it not?

If standing up for gay rights is wrong... then I don't want to be right! 'The man'gokid won't hold me down.

Comment

+1

FYI, I was simply defending myself from his heinous and uncalled for comment
                    heinous? man you are really pushing it there. If thats not an insult towards homosexuality I'm not sure what is.

Comment

GarbageTime wrote: View Post
                      heinous? man you are really pushing it there. If thats not an insult towards homosexuality I'm not sure what is.
                      Please stop digging yourself into this hole, i feel bad for you now

Comment

Enough already, why all the hate for Bargs, he is a decent player, he may go down as the greatest shooting centre of all-time when its all said and done, don't get me wrong Bargs needs to play better defence and it would be nice to see him hustle on boards.

In my opinon just let him do what he does best, shoot really well, bring in a centre who does the rebounding and plays great defence, like Marc Gasol and move Bargs to a power foward positon where he is best suited.

Comment

goldenboy78 wrote: View Post
                          Enough already, why all the hate for Bargs, he is a decent player, he may go down as the greatest shooting centre of all-time when its all said and done, don't get me wrong Bargs needs to play better defence and it would be nice to see him hustle on boards.

In my opinon just let him do what he does best, shoot really well, bring in a centre who does the rebounding and plays great defence, like Marc Gasol and move Bargs to a power foward positon where he is best suited.
                          Bro, I've been sayin this all along, I agree 10000%

Comment

Please stop digging yourself into this hole, i feel bad for you now
                            please don't. Your complete intolerance towards a persons sexual preference is simply wrong. You feeling anything towards me is simply misplaced. Thinking that being gay is heinous...

Feel sorry for yourself after all those insults and degrading comments you made. It is not becoming.

Be proud my man don't hide it. Let it out. Let the world know.

I bet Bargnani would appreciate it. He hardly seems like someone who would be opposed to homosexuality.

Comment

Anyone get the feeling we are trying to lose on purpose?

Sadly, I don't think we are losing on purpose. I just think we have a knack for it.

It looks like we've got a lottery pick wrapped up, the question now, is which one? We currently have the 26th best record in the nba (18-49). Behind us we have

Minny 17-52
                              Washington 16-50
                              Sacramento 16-50
                              Cavs 13-53

*I don't think overtly coaching your team to lose is a good idea. Not only is it against league rules but it is also breeds bad habits. You never want your players thinking about losing.

That said, I am a huge fan of coaching your players to succeed and managing player rotations health. Our next game vs. washington on friday is HUGE if we want to up our odds in the draft lottery.

After toronto plays washington, they both have 1 game left against the clippers. The big difference is that toronto plays cleveland once; whereas Washington gets them TWICE After looking at the remaining schedules for the raps, wiz, and cavs, I would say cavs have the easiest schedule, followed by the Wiz, with the raptors having the hardest schedule. However, the difference really isn't much, especially when pretty much every team is better than these three (except minny and scaramento). Speaking of Minny and Sacramento they both have tough schedules. Other than playing each other once they don't really have very many winnable games.

If Toronto can lose to Washington this Friday I think they have a good chance of coming behind them in the standings. Toronto has virtually NO chance of coming in behind Cleveland, despite their easier schedule because Cleveland still has to win at least 6 of their remaining games (plus 1 more for each win we get) as we own the tie break. However, a loss to the Wiz on Friday would mean that they will own the tie break over us 3-1 and be only half a game back with an extra game against the Cavs.

If I was Coangelo I would make sure that Amir isn't back and think about getting barbosa into surgery so he can be ready for next year, but that's just me.

I can't see the Wiz or the Wolves drafting Irving. I'm not sure about Sac town's PG situation but if Irving is still around by the time Cleveland drafts then I think they take him for sure. Since we can't get a worse record then Cleveland, our only hope beating them to Irving (and i'm assuming Irving is our the pick we want the most) is out luck them. To that end, Friday's game against the Wiz may be the most important game of the season.
                              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                                Sadly, I don't think we are losing on purpose. I just think we have a knack for it.

It looks like we've got a lottery pick wrapped up, the question now, is which one? We currently have the 26th best record in the nba (18-49). Behind us we have

Minny 17-52
                                Washington 16-50
                                Sacramento 16-50
                                Cavs 13-53

*I don't think overtly coaching your team to lose is a good idea. Not only is it against league rules but it is also breeds bad habits. You never want your players thinking about losing.

That said, I am a huge fan of coaching your players to succeed and managing player rotations health. Our next game vs. washington on friday is HUGE if we want to up our odds in the draft lottery.

After toronto plays washington, they both have 1 game left against the clippers. The big difference is that toronto plays cleveland once; whereas Washington gets them TWICE After looking at the remaining schedules for the raps, wiz, and cavs, I would say cavs have the easiest schedule, followed by the Wiz, with the raptors having the hardest schedule. However, the difference really isn't much, especially when pretty much every team is better than these three (except minny and scaramento). Speaking of Minny and Sacramento they both have tough schedules. Other than playing each other once they don't really have very many winnable games.

If Toronto can lose to Washington this Friday I think they have a good chance of coming behind them in the standings. Toronto has virtually NO chance of coming in behind Cleveland, despite their easier schedule because Cleveland still has to win at least 6 of their remaining games (plus 1 more for each win we get) as we own the tie break. However, a loss to the Wiz on Friday would mean that they will own the tie break over us 3-1 and be only half a game back with an extra game against the Cavs.

If I was Coangelo I would make sure that Amir isn't back and think about getting barbosa into surgery so he can be ready for next year, but that's just me.

I can't see the Wiz or the Wolves drafting Irving. I'm not sure about Sac town's PG situation but if Irving is still around by the time Cleveland drafts then I think they take him for sure. Since we can't get a worse record then Cleveland, our only hope beating them to Irving (and i'm assuming Irving is our the pick we want the most) is out luck them. To that end, Friday's game against the Wiz may be the most important game of the season.
                                At this point, I think u r 1000% right. We need to give some of the bench guys more burn, lets see more Ed Davis, more Ajinca, wayyyyyyy more Bayless, etc etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X