Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Another Day, Another Loss

Post Thanks / Like

Both of you (Multipaul and GarbageTime), cut out your nonsense, please. Thank you.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Both of you (Multipaul and GarbageTime), cut out your nonsense, please. Thank you.
    +1

FYI, I was simply defending myself from his heinous and uncalled for comment

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Ah free speech. Both the best and worst thing democracy (and the internet for that matter) has to offer is it not?

If standing up for gay rights is wrong... then I don't want to be right! 'The man'gokid won't hold me down.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    +1

FYI, I was simply defending myself from his heinous and uncalled for comment
    heinous? man you are really pushing it there. If thats not an insult towards homosexuality I'm not sure what is.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GarbageTime wrote: View Post
    heinous? man you are really pushing it there. If thats not an insult towards homosexuality I'm not sure what is.
    Please stop digging yourself into this hole, i feel bad for you now

Raptors Republic Rookie goldenboy78's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Enough already, why all the hate for Bargs, he is a decent player, he may go down as the greatest shooting centre of all-time when its all said and done, don't get me wrong Bargs needs to play better defence and it would be nice to see him hustle on boards.

In my opinon just let him do what he does best, shoot really well, bring in a centre who does the rebounding and plays great defence, like Marc Gasol and move Bargs to a power foward positon where he is best suited.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote goldenboy78 wrote: View Post
    Enough already, why all the hate for Bargs, he is a decent player, he may go down as the greatest shooting centre of all-time when its all said and done, don't get me wrong Bargs needs to play better defence and it would be nice to see him hustle on boards.

In my opinon just let him do what he does best, shoot really well, bring in a centre who does the rebounding and plays great defence, like Marc Gasol and move Bargs to a power foward positon where he is best suited.
    Bro, I've been sayin this all along, I agree 10000%

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

please don't. Your complete intolerance towards a persons sexual preference is simply wrong. You feeling anything towards me is simply misplaced. Thinking that being gay is heinous...

Feel sorry for yourself after all those insults and degrading comments you made. It is not becoming.

Be proud my man don't hide it. Let it out. Let the world know.

I bet Bargnani would appreciate it. He hardly seems like someone who would be opposed to homosexuality.

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone get the feeling we are trying to lose on purpose?

Sadly, I don't think we are losing on purpose. I just think we have a knack for it.

It looks like we've got a lottery pick wrapped up, the question now, is which one? We currently have the 26th best record in the nba (18-49). Behind us we have

Minny 17-52
    Washington 16-50
    Sacramento 16-50
    Cavs 13-53

*I don't think overtly coaching your team to lose is a good idea. Not only is it against league rules but it is also breeds bad habits. You never want your players thinking about losing.

That said, I am a huge fan of coaching your players to succeed and managing player rotations health. Our next game vs. washington on friday is HUGE if we want to up our odds in the draft lottery.

After toronto plays washington, they both have 1 game left against the clippers. The big difference is that toronto plays cleveland once; whereas Washington gets them TWICE After looking at the remaining schedules for the raps, wiz, and cavs, I would say cavs have the easiest schedule, followed by the Wiz, with the raptors having the hardest schedule. However, the difference really isn't much, especially when pretty much every team is better than these three (except minny and scaramento). Speaking of Minny and Sacramento they both have tough schedules. Other than playing each other once they don't really have very many winnable games.

If Toronto can lose to Washington this Friday I think they have a good chance of coming behind them in the standings. Toronto has virtually NO chance of coming in behind Cleveland, despite their easier schedule because Cleveland still has to win at least 6 of their remaining games (plus 1 more for each win we get) as we own the tie break. However, a loss to the Wiz on Friday would mean that they will own the tie break over us 3-1 and be only half a game back with an extra game against the Cavs.

If I was Coangelo I would make sure that Amir isn't back and think about getting barbosa into surgery so he can be ready for next year, but that's just me.

I can't see the Wiz or the Wolves drafting Irving. I'm not sure about Sac town's PG situation but if Irving is still around by the time Cleveland drafts then I think they take him for sure. Since we can't get a worse record then Cleveland, our only hope beating them to Irving (and i'm assuming Irving is our the pick we want the most) is out luck them. To that end, Friday's game against the Wiz may be the most important game of the season.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    Sadly, I don't think we are losing on purpose. I just think we have a knack for it.

It looks like we've got a lottery pick wrapped up, the question now, is which one? We currently have the 26th best record in the nba (18-49). Behind us we have

Minny 17-52
    Washington 16-50
    Sacramento 16-50
    Cavs 13-53

*I don't think overtly coaching your team to lose is a good idea. Not only is it against league rules but it is also breeds bad habits. You never want your players thinking about losing.

That said, I am a huge fan of coaching your players to succeed and managing player rotations health. Our next game vs. washington on friday is HUGE if we want to up our odds in the draft lottery.

After toronto plays washington, they both have 1 game left against the clippers. The big difference is that toronto plays cleveland once; whereas Washington gets them TWICE After looking at the remaining schedules for the raps, wiz, and cavs, I would say cavs have the easiest schedule, followed by the Wiz, with the raptors having the hardest schedule. However, the difference really isn't much, especially when pretty much every team is better than these three (except minny and scaramento). Speaking of Minny and Sacramento they both have tough schedules. Other than playing each other once they don't really have very many winnable games.

If Toronto can lose to Washington this Friday I think they have a good chance of coming behind them in the standings. Toronto has virtually NO chance of coming in behind Cleveland, despite their easier schedule because Cleveland still has to win at least 6 of their remaining games (plus 1 more for each win we get) as we own the tie break. However, a loss to the Wiz on Friday would mean that they will own the tie break over us 3-1 and be only half a game back with an extra game against the Cavs.

If I was Coangelo I would make sure that Amir isn't back and think about getting barbosa into surgery so he can be ready for next year, but that's just me.

I can't see the Wiz or the Wolves drafting Irving. I'm not sure about Sac town's PG situation but if Irving is still around by the time Cleveland drafts then I think they take him for sure. Since we can't get a worse record then Cleveland, our only hope beating them to Irving (and i'm assuming Irving is our the pick we want the most) is out luck them. To that end, Friday's game against the Wiz may be the most important game of the season.
    At this point, I think u r 1000% right. We need to give some of the bench guys more burn, lets see more Ed Davis, more Ajinca, wayyyyyyy more Bayless, etc etc.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

too busy watching the laffs. at least they're kinda playing for something?

i think we should be playing alabi. it's garbage time, we're clearly lottery bound (top 5).

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Your a dork who knows nothing about basketball. That alone should have you banned, as everytime you write something we are all dumber for having to read it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nick wrote: View Post
    Your a dork who knows nothing about basketball. That alone should have you banned, as everytime you write something we are all dumber for having to read it.
    Well, at least my name isn't "Nick", LMFAO

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

please don't. Your complete intolerance towards a persons sexual preference is simply wrong. You feeling anything towards me is simply misplaced. Thinking that being gay is heinous...

Feel sorry for yourself after all those insults and degrading comments you made. It is not becoming.

I bet Bargnani would appreciate it. He hardly seems like someone who would be opposed to homosexuality.
    Dude, stop. Your alleged "pro-gay rights" stance is undermined by your insinuation that multipaul is a homosexual. I don't want to make assumptions about you, but most people I know who are gay or active in the gay rights community don't try to assign the "gay" label to people they don't know. You may be for gay rights, but it doesn't ring sincere. Futhermore, whether multipaul is gay or not gay, in the closet or not in the closet, what right do you have to make judgments on his sexuality or sexual preference? Multipaul definitely has a man crush on bargs, but that man crush has been exhibited in a purely platonic way. You construing anything about multipaul's sexuality is uncalled for, and defending your self by saying you are pro gay(which you may be) doesn't mean that you have the right to decide how someone else sexually identifies. Furthermore, if you really don't care whether someone is gay or not, why is it important to you to infer that multipaul is gay? Why even bring it up in the first place? The answer, which should be painfully obvious by now is that there was no reason to bring it up, and even less reason to go back to that well. As much as it pains me to say it, I agree with multi-paul. Let it go.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Last time I tried to defend myself against a maggot like you I got banned, so I will take the high rode and watch you fail.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    Dude, stop. Your alleged "pro-gay rights" stance is undermined by your insinuation that multipaul is a homosexual. I don't want to make assumptions about you, but most people I know who are gay or active in the gay rights community don't try to assign the "gay" label to people they don't know. You may be for gay rights, but it doesn't ring sincere. Futhermore, whether multipaul is gay or not gay, in the closet or not in the closet, what right do you have to make judgments on his sexuality or sexual preference? Multipaul definitely has a man crush on bargs, but that man crush has been exhibited in a purely platonic way. You construing anything about multipaul's sexuality is uncalled for, and defending your self by saying you are pro gay(which you may be) doesn't mean that you have the right to decide how someone else sexually identifies. Furthermore, if you really don't care whether someone is gay or not, why is it important to you to infer that multipaul is gay? Why even bring it up in the first place? The answer, which should be painfully obvious by now is that there was no reason to bring it up, and even less reason to go back to that well. As much as it pains me to say it, I agree with multi-paul. Let it go.
    This is what I find quite interesting. Did I insinuate that Multipaul may be gay? Well interpret that for what you will, it really is of minor importance....

but I do SERIOUSLY think calling the idea of being homosexual 'heinous' is incredibly close minded, homophobic and wrong. I also think that saying that someone should be banned because they feel strongly for gay rights is wrong. Now if he is not against gay rights, but still thinks one should be banned for 'insinuating'(as you put it) that he is gay... is that really any better?

What does it matter if one is gay or not? What does it matter if one calls someone gay? Isn't taking that as an insult in and of itself exactly where the problem lies? If one was to say... oh you or so muslim, or you are so african american, or you are so white or you are so straight, or you are so christian. Would you think that is 'heinous'? Would you call that heinous? Would you call for punishment towards that individual?

The greatest tradegy that befell the Jews was indifference and silence. So criticize me for not being silent. Criticize me for not being indifferent. Criticize me for being open and honest. It does not change what is really wrong here. That said, I will let it go, to appease the masses that don't want to see reality for what it really is, the minute he apologize for saying that being gay, or that being called gay, is 'heinous' and should be punishable.

Thank You.

Also.... Bargnani sucks. Anyone who thinks otherwise is gay.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Last time I tried to defend myself against a maggot like you I got banned, so I will take the high rode and watch you fail.
    sure changed your avatar pretty fast didn't ya.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

sure changed your avatar pretty fast didn't ya.
    I would love to comment back, but I value being able to post on this board more than I do you and your pathetic life.

BTW, what's it like having a test tube for a mom?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love to comment back, but I value being able to post on this board more than I do you and your pathetic life.

BTW, what's it like having a test tube for a mom?
    so is asking for an apology towards the homosexual community for your inappropriate comments too much to ask?

Is Multipaul's inability to do so not proof of what I stated above?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

so is asking for an apology towards the homosexual community for your inappropriate comments too much to ask?

Is Multipaul's inability to do so not proof of what I stated above?
    I feel bad because this could have been a decent thread, so I apologize to the creator of it.

Garbage Time seriously let it drop buddy, your comments arent funny and you have ruined a good thread.

Your insecurities are your own business, don't push them on to other ppl.

Thread Information