Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 6ix: Toronto Raptors vs Indiana Pacers (3-2) | Friday April 29th

Raptors Republic All-Star Bonus Jonas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Game 6ix: Toronto Raptors vs Indiana Pacers (3-2) | Friday April 29th

Let's go back to back like we're on the cover of Lethal Weapon, back to back like we're Jordan '96 '97 woah.

Keys To The Game

• Transition and Halfcourt Defense: I realize this is very broad but it's important. We lost games 1 and 4 mainly because of our turnovers and transition defense that followed the turnovers. Obviously avoiding this is ideal but on turnovers we need to run back and be organized picking someone up. Game 5 was almost lost thanks to our halfcourt D. We need to defend the three point shot a lot better than we did in that first half, 11/17 from 3 for Indi is a sure way to make sure you dig yourself a huge hole.
    • Urgency: We need need need to come out swinging in game 6. Indiana will come out more desperate than they did today. Stay composed and play under control. If it's a 2-3 point game after the first quarter we should be comfy pushing out a lead the minute Paul George sits. (If Vogel doesn't have him play 48 which I could see him doing).
    • Make Your Damn 3 Point Shots: Had this as a key in game 5, didn't help much. Raptors are now shooting 33/124 from 3 this series. That equates to 26.6%. Absolutely atrocious, we have too many good shooters to be doing that bad. Lowry needs to tone it back a bit, and Ross, PPat, Norm and Carroll absolutely need to be better.
    • Big 3: Throughout this series we have yet to have a game where all three of Lowry, DeRozan and Valanciunas play well in the same game. We haven't even had two of the three play well consistently. But it seems we only win when at least two of them show up, in games 2&3 it was Lowry&Valanciunas and in game 5 it was Lowry&DeRozan. If Indi decides to shut one down we need to have the other two step up.

Predicted Starting Lineups

VS

Throwback
    Friday, May 2nd, 2014: Toronto Raptors @ Brooklyn Nets Game 6 (Raptors up 3-2)
    The Raptors went into Brooklyn looking to win their first 7 game series in franchise history. Brooklyn came out storming building a 15 point lead after the first quarter. The Nets led throughout the entire game, Toronto's offense sputtered. Valanciunas battled foul trouble, Lowry played terribly just two days after setting a career high in points, DeMar played well but Deron Williams was too much and the Raps got killed in the paint. Raptos ended up losing it 97-83 and then lost in the infamous game 7.

Lucky Red Charm:

Quirky Fact:
    Game 6 will be played the same day that our global ambassador Drake will drop his highly anticipated album Views From The 6. May the 6 God watch over us and intimidate all Indiana Pacers on Instagram until Friday.
    Last edited by Bonus Jonas; Wed Apr 27th, 2016 at 12:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Bonus' notes:

-Keep Scola out of it. Leave him on the bench.
    -More smallball. Judging with the eye-test we played really well with Biz on the floor with 4 of Lowry, Cojo, Ross, Powell and DeMar. We also had a Lowry-DD-Powell-Carroll-PPat lineup going at one point and that looked good too.
    -Defend George with only Demarre or Powell. I don't want to see Ross on him, I don't want to see DeMar on him.
    -Keep PPat in with the starters. Casey left PPat in with the starters and the bench in the first half of game 5, he seemed exhausted. Take him out in the first and bring him back in with the starters and play small with Biz on the floor. Biz is capable of rebounding on his own and the extra shooting helps make up for Biz's offense.

3. Like DanH liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

BONUS JONAS-all caps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    BONUS JONAS-all caps

Raptors Republic Superstar Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Need to come out super defensive to start this one. they are going to come out flying. first 5 minutes can make or break it. as george gets tired and others are forced to create/hit shots we have the depth. seems they need to be up 25 for us to not have enough time to settle and come back.

good thought is we are yet to lose 2 in a row against the pacers this series and have won 2 in a row.

Raptors Republic Veteran MixxAOR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

because of Raps I became so superstitious
    First round exit until proven otherwise.

"Norman" comes from the old Germanic byname meaning "northman" or "Man from the North".

The legend was true.

Raptors Republic Superstar Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am going to go insane waiting for Friday.

9. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Same lol

Raptors Republic Starter koncept's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

10/10 on this thread post
    in masai we trust

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Boom. Let's crush them.

13. Like Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Need to play like game 3 (not like game 4).

I sincerely hope we're not patting ourselves on the back for last night's effort. I hope the coaching staff successfully conveys the message that the first 36 minutes were atrocious.

Raps need to play like they have something to prove. It's when they play like they've already accomplished something, that they run into trouble.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

i swear to god i have never seen a team complain about refs and physical play as much as these pacers do.

It's ridiculous considering they have had a favourable whistle at a lot of times this series. Especially Paul George, who may very well take the "temper tantrum" moniker from Wes Matthews by the end of this series.

16. Like Mack North liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran consmap's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Guys we're already insane.

Hopefully Indiana (mainly Paul George) is out of juice now and can't put up anymore resistance. The second round is in sight!
    "Oh my god man" - Jonas Valanciunas

Raptors Republic Veteran Barolt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Casey's post-game comments make it sound like Patterson will not be starting anymore.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Post Thanks / Like

Just don't make it go to a game 7...
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Raptors Republic Veteran Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

From ESPN stars & analytics #Raptors contested all 15 of Ind FGA in 4th. Thru 3 qtrs Pacers uncontested on 25% of FG shooting 73.3%

Need the people's lineup to bring this type of intensity to start the game.
    @Chr1st1anL

21. Like BrydenB liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran MixxAOR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How long are NBA gonna let Pacers cry about fouls? Now Solomon Hill talking about how it's not basketball out there. These dudes need to be fined.
    First round exit until proven otherwise.

"Norman" comes from the old Germanic byname meaning "northman" or "Man from the North".

The legend was true.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    How long are NBA gonna let Pacers cry about fouls? Now Solomon Hill talking about how it's not basketball out there. These dudes need to be fined.
    They're right, except they're the ones getting away with crazy crap. If the whistle was "fair", we'd probably be done with them by now. I've never seen a team getting such a favourable whistle complain so much.

24. Like Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    From ESPN stars & analytics #Raptors contested all 15 of Ind FGA in 4th. Thru 3 qtrs Pacers uncontested on 25% of FG shooting 73.3%

Need the people's lineup to bring this type of intensity to start the game.
    Let's keep in mind, 75% contested shots is pretty great defence. It's just that 100% is unreal.

Raptors Republic Veteran Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This team plays with so much more confidence when one of DD/KL have it going. Same thing goes with the Pacers with PG. Like it or not DD/KL are the identity of this team. Last night was the first time the raptors actually looked like their regular season selves. What a game.
    @Chr1st1anL

Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information