View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

1 1.49%
  • B

18 26.87%
  • C

40 59.70%
  • D

8 11.94%
  • F

0 0%
Page 82 of 258 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 182 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 5143

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Lol - priceless.
    Quote e2thed wrote: View Post
    Both of you dudes don't even know how to spell grammar, just saying.
    Quote Demar_8756 wrote: View Post
    LMAO Now that's G - gatorade ooo ya hit me one more time <3 DeMar
    haha

Raptors Republic Rookie Demar_8756's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    this has been your most coherent post yet. i don't mind the spelling mistakes or broken english as long as i can understand what is being said. thank you
    Yo brotha! one love! Didn't mean to be rude raptorsrepublic...i love you all. More love and lets talk about DeMar. lmaooooooooo xox ooo lala hehehe I'm weird guy or girl this place is so much fun, I just loooooveeee talking bout da raptors.

We should trade DeMar guys

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Demar_8756 wrote: View Post
    I'm weird guy or girl

hahahahahaahahah

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DeRozan has been an average defender at best, and a subpar shooter from the wing. When Casey says the team needs ďas much shooting as we can getĒ to space the floor, heís talking about DeRozan and the rest of Torontoís wing rotation. Jose Calderon, the incumbent point guard, is a very good shooter. Kyle Lowry, the bulldog defender who will jump Calderon in the rotation, has developed into an above-average long-range shooter. Andrea Bargnani, for all his faults, is an elite big man shooter.

DeRozan started last season hot from three-point range but quickly fell back to his normal levels, finishing at 26 percent from three-point range and 35 percent (40 is the league average) on long two-point jumpers. His development as an off-the-dribble threat also stalled out. Casey actually took the ball out of DeRozanís hands a bit, cutting the number of DeRozan isolations and pick-and-roll plays for most of the season from DeRozanís 2010-11 numbers, per the stat-tracking service Synergy Sports. He instead had DeRozan run off a lot of sideline picks, hoping that catching the ball on the move would unleash a consistently effective off-the-bounce game in a way high pick-and-rolls havenít.

The results were hit-and-miss, in part because of DeRozanís shaky shooting. Things were better when Bargnani was healthy and able to draw attention from defenders, opening up cleaner lanes for the other Toronto players; the Raptors scored at an average rate when Bargnani was on the floor and a near-Bobcats-level when Bargnani sat, per NBA.comís stats database.

http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2012...otten-raptors/
    Looking forward to seeing how it all plays out next year.

Post Thanks / Like

"the Raptors scored at an average rate when Bargnani was on the floor and a near-Bobcats-level when Bargnani sat, per NBA.com’s stats database."

testament to bargs big growth. hope it wasn't a fleeting glance. nice find matt

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

but now even if bargs does get injured. Guys like Lowry, Fields and Ross can help carry the load and with everyone healthy we should be an above average offensive team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Looking forward to seeing how it all plays out next year.
    This secures the fact that Demar is a fair first option, and a very good second or third option... Even though in his second season, he proved to be a great first option...

I'm really starting to think, it's not the coaches, not the teammates, not the opposing players.. It's his confidence. It really looked like his confidence just went down the toilet compared to last season. He wasn't as aggressive, he was very passive. Maybe that all has something to do with teammates, coaches etc. But I hope the guy's confidence builds up, because as I start to think, that may be the reason why he struggled so much this season..

Raptors Republic Rookie 10 000 Hours's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    This secures the fact that Demar is a fair first option, and a very good second or third option... Even though in his second season, he proved to be a great first option...

I'm really starting to think, it's not the coaches, not the teammates, not the opposing players.. It's his confidence. It really looked like his confidence just went down the toilet compared to last season. He wasn't as aggressive, he was very passive. Maybe that all has something to do with teammates, coaches etc. But I hope the guy's confidence builds up, because as I start to think, that may be the reason why he struggled so much this season..
    He was just playing with sub-par players. At this point in his career, he's just not a first option type of scorer. If he is, then you will find the Raptors again and again at the bottom of the standings. IMO, he's a solid 3rd option on a deep playoff team. And hopefully with Bargs and Lowry being the 1 and 2 options, Demar can find a good role as that 3rd option.
    Walking like I'm already there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote 10 000 Hours wrote: View Post
    And hopefully with Bargs and Lowry being the 1 and 2 options, Demar can find a good role as that 3rd option.
    I'll agree with this. Thats fine 1-2-3 Combo in my books.

However, after seeing the backlash toward Bayless when he tried to show Raps fans that PGs can be a scoring threat as well, most will want Lowrys first Priority to be distribution (which obviously isn't his game, but I imagine there will be at least a little bit of Gripe)and not scoring the ball.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I'll agree with this. Thats fine 1-2-3 Combo in my books.

However, after seeing the backlash toward Bayless when he tried to show Raps fans that PGs can be a scoring threat as well, most will want Lowrys first Priority to be distribution (which obviously isn't his game, but I imagine there will be at least a little bit of Gripe)and not scoring the ball.
    Its a different circumstance now though. Fans won't care if Lowry is a score first PG as long as the team wins. The Rap's are in a much better position to capitalize on Lowry's scoring than they were on Bayless because they have so many really good scoring options now...not just Andrea and DeMar.

Can't wait to see us play smaller guards with both Jose and Lowry on the floor at the same time. Should make for some high scoring games

Post Thanks / Like

Quote 10 000 Hours wrote: View Post
    He was just playing with sub-par players. At this point in his career, he's just not a first option type of scorer. If he is, then you will find the Raptors again and again at the bottom of the standings. IMO, he's a solid 3rd option on a deep playoff team. And hopefully with Bargs and Lowry being the 1 and 2 options, Demar can find a good role as that 3rd option.
    Mostly in the mold of what I was saying in terms of offensive options. Like I said, only a 'FAIR' first option, but fair doesn't win you games..

That 3 hit punch of Bargs/Lowry/Derozan is very attractive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Can't wait to see us play smaller guards with both Jose and Lowry on the floor at the same time. Should make for some high scoring games
    Not too mention our already solid defensive team..

Post Thanks / Like

Default DeMar DeRozan Song

its pretty old but i thought i'd post it up. Its not bad, but his range is definitely not 3 point fadeaway lol.

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know DeRozan had a song for him, that makes 2 (DD and JV)

Unless you count the "Power" parody for Bargs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    I didn't know DeRozan had a song for him, that makes 2 (DD and JV)

Unless you count the "Power" parody for Bargs
    The Basketball Jones.. Those guys are studs. LOL, especially their Turk skits, man that gets me weak.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    its pretty old but i thought i'd post it up. Its not bad, but his range is definitely not 3 point fadeaway lol.

This was on his 10 minute BALLISLIFE mixtape.

Post Thanks / Like

ya thats where i first heard it

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think there is going to be an issue when it comes to splitting time with guys like Ross, Kleiza and Fields. One thing that gets under my skin is when people say that DD should be worried about losing his starting role to Ross. Some fans go as far as saying DeMar will become expendable with the addition of a guy like TRoss. This team can use all the help it can get so I don't believe being picky is logical. There are other areas that this team needs to improve in before DeMar. Nevertheless, if a beneficial trade that comes along which provides significant improvement, then I'm all for it. In my opinion, I think the best answer moving forward is having both of them start the game. I doubt that is whats going to happen this year, but going forward this is the answer.
    Last edited by Ambidextrious; Thu Aug 2nd, 2012 at 08:06 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday DeMar! The guy's only 23, still has a lot to learn.

Hope he can surprise us this season.
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Post Thanks / Like

Happy BDay DeMar!!! Btw my B Day is in 2 days

Page 82 of 258 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 182 ... LastLast

Thread Information