View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

1 1.49%
  • B

18 26.87%
  • C

40 59.70%
  • D

8 11.94%
  • F

0 0%
Page 86 of 268 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 186 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 5341

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The negativity stems from the fact that this franchise has been in existence for 17 years, and has finished with a winning record just 4 times.

If you've followed the team since '95, you witnessed some highs, but many, many more lows. And each of those lows were preceded by optimistic offseasons.

I can't speak for everyone, but I am willing to let the results speak for themselves. Could DeMar light it up this year? Could Jonas dominate the middle? Could Bargnani stay healthy? Could Lowry by a MIP candidate? Could Casey improve the defense AND offense?

The answer to all of these questions could be yes. But then again, when was the last time the stars aligned perfectly for the Raptors?
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    The negativity stems from the fact that this franchise has been in existence for 17 years, and has finished with a winning record just 4 times....
    Ah, but when you add in their initial year (25 wins, exceeded expectations) and every year in which they improved their records, plus the winning percentage years, you are up around 9 or so. I'm okay with that. A lot of NBA teams that haven't done as well.

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    The negativity stems from the fact that this franchise has been in existence for 17 years, and has finished with a winning record just 4 times.

And just because the franchise has been in existence for 17 years, doesn't mean you shouldn't give the young guys who have only been part of the Raptors for 3 a chance...
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    And just because the franchise has been in existence for 17 years, doesn't mean you shouldn't give the young guys who have only been part of the Raptors for 3 a chance...
    I'm not NOT giving them a chance. I'm just a proponent of the 'wait-and-see' approach.

You're right that these players have nothing to do with this franchise's past. But they haven't cemented themselves as part of the future either.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Oh snap! That was a sweet mix

I can't wait til the season starts...

Will he be a DeMar "Hero"zan or a "Zero"zan?

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
    Please tell me ya'll saw those handles?! C'mon. That's an obvious improvement.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm I just noticed on the vid... the clips with the white and red jerseys have him back in the "season" look (hair almost gone) and he looks like a kid again...

I would have thought he would roll with the sort-of afro look, makes him look tougher.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm I just noticed on the vid... the clips with the white and red jerseys have him back in the "season" look (hair almost gone) and he looks like a kid again...

I would have thought he would roll with the sort-of afro look, makes him look tougher.
    +1 He looks like a pure compton hood rat with the fro..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    +1 He looks like a pure compton hood rat with the fro..
    Not really...

Maybe he got rid of it to not compare himself to Kobe?

Post Thanks / Like

Not really...

Maybe he got rid of it to not compare himself to Kobe?

I'm just playin'. I really wish he kept it on though.

I mean, we need that Kobe/MJ-esque player in the league always!

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Those were some sweet handles

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rick Pitino adopts new offseason approach

DeRozan is known as a champion of summer pick up ball. Perhaps that isn't a good thing according to Rick Pitino's view as he has outlawed it for his Louisville players figuring that bad habits form without the discipline of playing in the controlled environment at school.

"I said I don't want you playing pickup basketball, because that's how you regress," Pitino said. "I said I'd rather you play one-on-one basketball, with these rules -- games of five. If you play games of five you're playing hard on offense, hard on defense, winners come on. Play no more than that. Anything more than that, you start to break down, you don't guard, you don't have your hands ready, you don't play defense, you don't really get after it offensively. So I've given them certain things to follow -- improve your quickness, improve your strength and spend 45 minutes on your game each day."
    http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...eason-approach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    DeRozan is known as a champion of summer pick up ball. Perhaps that isn't a good thing according to Rick Pitino's view as he has outlawed it for his Louisville players figuring that bad habits form without the discipline of playing in the controlled environment at school.

I agree, however, Demar has worked out individually with the Raptor's coaches at some different places, especially with a very important experience on the USA select team.

Everything a player does, will bring it's pros and cons. Pick-up ball can create bad habits, laziness, and low mindsets. Although, can create some confidence, put new things learnt in practice into game situations, and cardio.

We all know Derozan is an extremely hard worker, and that may be the difference of him to other pick up ball NBA players.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post

I agree in principle, but I still remember how horribly Pitino failed when he brought his NCAA coaching tactics to the NBA with the Celtics.

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe, I need to see that mix-tape again, but the only positive I saw was his strength. Sure, he showed some handles but not enough to tell me that he improved. However, he seems to be strong enough now to absorb contact and drive through players, rather than away from them.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    Maybe, I need to see that mix-tape again, but the only positive I saw was his strength. Sure, he showed some handles but not enough to tell me that he improved. However, he seems to be strong enough now to absorb contact and drive through players, rather than away from them.
    Other than, his 3point shot isn't the most awkward 3point shot in the league anymore?

Post Thanks / Like

Other than, his 3point shot isn't the most awkward 3point shot in the league anymore?
    That distinction still belongs to Shawn Marion....

Post Thanks / Like

Is that... DeMar... PRACTICING HIS SHOOTING !%$@@%!%

Post Thanks / Like

Is that... DeMar... PRACTICING HIS SHOOTING !%$@@%!%

As a career 80% free throw shooter, and a 20% 3-point shooter, he probably needs to move back about 9 feet

Page 86 of 268 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 186 ... LastLast

Thread Information